PNC Financial Services Group Financial Specialist II Interview Questions | Glassdoor

PNC Financial Services Group Financial Specialist II Interview Questions

4 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group (Saint Louis, MO) in January 2015.

Interview

The first part was the initial Screen from HR - then the HR Phone Interview - then the Phone interview - then the Branch panel Interview - then the Financial Specialist Manager Interview via phone- then finally the offer from the HR specialist

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for PNC Financial Services Group

Financial Specialist II Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group in June 2014.

Interview

After submitting my resume i received a call from a recruiter within a week, and he walked me through the process, he was the best recruiter i have ever worked with, he really was focused on helping me be as well prepared as possible. I had a phone interview with him, and he set-up the face-to-face interview with my would-be manager. That interview was scheduled for a week later, and lasted about an hour. I heard from the recruiter within an hour as to how it went. He then set-up the next face-to-face interview which was at the local branch i was applying for with my manager, the branch bank manager, and financial advisor. At this point my manager had approved me, and was more on "my side" as the branch manager interviewed me. I heard the results of that interview within an hour, and was made an offer about 36 hours later.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at a bank, and then specifically PNC?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Very smooth. I worked with the recruiter through the whole process, and was very much an advocate for me with the higher-ups making the call.

Financial Specialist II Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group.

Interview

Pretty typical interview questions about your experience

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negogiation

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lancaster, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group (Lancaster, PA) in September 2012.

Interview

This is a new position with PNC, replacing the Financial Sales Consultant and Branch Financial Consultant roles. The main difference is that while the former (FSC) role did not include any registration requirements, and the latter (BFC) only required a Series 6 and 63, the new FS position requires a Series 7 and 66. This is a referral, non-direct sales role and the rollout is being staged, so not applicable in all areas. The goal is to eventually move branches to this model where financial sales are routed to the call center (< $100k), the FA for the branch ($100k-$1mm), or private wealth management (> $1mm). Pay is a base + referral bonus.

As mentioned, this role requires the Series 7 and 66. Branches were advised of this change last year, and many are working with their current non-licensed and Series 6 licensed current employees to obtain this additional licensing - which is a good thing as they are protecting these jobs from being eliminated due to the new requirements.

Unfortunately, that is where I came in. I am Series 7/66 licensed and went through 3 interviews by corporate for this position. Recruiter, Hiring Manager, and a peer of the Hiring Manager in another region. Phone, in-person, and phone - 1 hour each. All interviews passed and the 4th was set up, which was with the actual branch, and the hiring manager was not present.

In that 4th interview, I was informed that the branch already had 2 Financial Sales Consultants on staff, one of which was studying for his Series 7 exam and currently being trained by the Financial Advisor for that branch for the role I was interviewing for.

Total interviews = 9 people in 5 sessions (3 single, 2 were group) over 4 business days.

I do not fault this branch for looking out for their own - especially in this economy. Moreso, if they have an employee they are happy with, it is IDEAL to work with them to train them to the next level if corporate has made the decision to make the switch, and when their branch has been tagged as one of those who will be moving to the new model.

I just wish that the branch had been open to corporate about their plans rather than what is happening now, which is declining all outside candidates on a "what else do you have" basis in order to buy time. Maybe if they were just upfront about wanting to protect a valued employee and just need more time than they have been given to get that person licensed, they could save themselves, the recruiter, the hiring manager, and the candidates a boatload of time and wasted effort. In one day alone, this exercise wasted the time of 2 of my peers in addition to myself.

This is a great program that PNC is rolling out, and I see nothing but success for them with this new model. I additionally wish the young man attempting the Series 7 all the best, as I know how stressful that exam is. I just wish they could get through the fog and communicate this with one another.

Interview Questions

• Behavioral interviewing model (tell me a time when...) - expect this on every contact.   Answer Question