PNC Financial Services Group Financial Specialist Interview Questions | Glassdoor

PNC Financial Services Group Financial Specialist Interview Questions

Updated May 5, 2017

2.7

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group (Pittsburgh, PA) in September 2016.

Interview

I first was referred by an employee, then I was contacted by a HR person within the division. I basically walked them through my resume, and they informed me that they will contact me again. Then I was contacted by the HR again who then wanted to schedule a phone interview with a supervisor of the division. Did the phone interview and did not hear back after the phone interview.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for PNC Financial Services Group

Anonymous Employee in Paterson, NJ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group (Paterson, NJ) in August 2016.

Interview

Aggressive requiting from external agent. Asked several questions pertaining where I was currently and why I would look to change. Sold the company very well and the role.

Financial Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group.

Interview

One phone interview, then two interviews with managers, and a final interview with branch management team. If you do well in your interviews, you will receive an offer which is basically the same for all new hires with no negotiation option.

Interview Questions

• Tell us a time when you had to go above and beyond for a client.   1 Answer

Negotiation

There is very little negotiation with salary - Its generally about 45K+a meager inventive bonus unless you work at a few of the very good branches.

Financial Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group.

Interview

There was one over the phone interview and two in person interviews. The final round was a surprise panel interview with a financial advisor, bank manager and regional manager. Most of the questions were about relationship building and "tell me about a time when." I think my mistake was not living close enough to the location, they seemed concerned about my commute.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you went out of your way to help a client?   Answer Question

Financial Specialist Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group.

Interview

Was able to show proven track record of great customer service scores. I had only a phone interview. My branch manager from a previous employer was the hiring manager.

Interview Questions

• What do you expect to be doing in 10 years. Why do you want to work for PNC. Role Playing with a difficult customer. during the interview   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was able to negotiate the base salary

Anonymous Employee in Phila, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group (Phila, PA) in April 2014.

Interview

It was an detailed interview, I met with 2 representatives who were informal and open on what they were looking for. I was able to clearly explain my skills and the value I’ll bring to the job.

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group (Saint Louis, MO) in March 2014.

Interview

First two interviews were by phone and got in to very detailed salary information which I don't like to give out right away however they refused to proceed with out it. The 3rd and 4th interivews were in person at the branch location

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group (Pittsburgh, PA) in February 2014.

Interview

I joined after being a contractor for about a year. Interview was very basic, background, goals and skills. Other groups where more or less in depth. My boss from contracting at the firm and I had worked with the hiring managers a decent bit during my time as a contractor.

Anonymous Employee in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group (Detroit, MI) in August 2013.

Interview

The process starts with a phone call and you are asked a number of behavioral questions such as: "tell me about a time you had an interaction with a difficult client and how did you handle it. The Second part is an interview with the hiring manager and a second manager. The final step is an interview with the branch manager and the financial advisor

Interview Questions

• There are no real difficult questions and as long as you have had at least 3 years of work experience ou should be able to answer the questions with no problem   Answer Question

Financial Specialist Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group.

Interview

The hiring process was pretty typical, phone interview first, then an in person with a couple of regional managers, and one interview with a branch manager and the financial advisor. Nothing out of the ordinary, but it moved pretty quick from start to finish was only about 2 weeks.

Interview Questions

• No questions that were unexpected. Mostly, if customer x says this how would you respond. Also a lot questions in the format tell us about a time you encountered this and what did you do or how did you make it a positive experience.   Answer Question