PNC Financial Services Group Interview Questions | Glassdoor

PNC Financial Services Group Interview Questions

Updated Apr 11, 2017

2.7

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group.

Interview

Face to face interview with the hiring manager, it was very informative. The manager answered most of the questions I would have had prior to me having to ask. Let me know when I had excellent questions. Overall good interaction.

Interview Questions

• Tell me what makes you a good candidate for this position?   Answer Question

Asset Management Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group.

Interview

Interviewed on campus. Interview was kind of hard. Started off mainly behavioral then got into technical questions about interest rates, unemployment rates and markets. Definitely wasn't expecting that.

Interview Questions

• How many polar bears are in the US? What happens to bond prices as interest rates rise? What is the unemployment rate currently?   Answer Question

Asset Management Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group.

Interview

Standard Questions, the interviewer was nice. They wanted to know what you thought about the position emphasis on how your current skills related to the position. I did not get the job but PNC did a good job getting back to me quickly

Applications Development Ma Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group (Philadelphia, PA) in March 2017.

Interview

The interview process consisted of a half hour phone interview by a non-technical recruiter. The recruiter did not understand some of the questions on the script. To top it off, the offered salary was set very low for the Philadelphia area.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at PNC Bank?   1 Answer

Capital Markets Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group (Boston, MA) in February 2017.

Interview

I submitted my resume though my college career center and selected for an interview. I interviewed with one person and it was mostly behavioral questions. It started out with "tell me about yourself" and then we went through my resume. He also asked about coursework and gave a puzzle to answer, just to see how I think.

Branch Sales and Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cary, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group (Cary, NC) in February 2017.

Interview

I applied online. PNC contacted me to complete a one hour online assessment. I then had a one hour initial phone interview. The next step was filling out a more detailed application along with a background check/credit check form. They brought me in next for an interview at the Branch location. The last step was to interview at the regional level. They told me they would let me know either way by the following Wednesday if they were going to offer. The following Thursday I left a voicemail and never heard anything back. The next day I left a message with another staff member and never heard anything back. I was ignored again the following week after trying to call several times. I finally got one of the interviewers on the phone the following week who notified me they had decided to offer another candidate. I was just extremely disappointed to be ignored after going through so many steps with this company in the interview process. It takes 30 seconds to call someone after three interviews and multiple other steps to let them know you offered another candidate. I did get a general email turning me down a couple weeks after all this.

Interview Questions

• Basic interview questions along with a few situational questions in each interview. They ask about a time that you witnessed unethical behavior from a coworker and how you responded.   Answer Question

Risk Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group in February 2017.

Interview

based on resume, phone interview with the head. Asked questions based on resume and tech.
    Also, about your internship and why PNC, nice experience, asked about a Chinese version of Bloomberg, Wind and its user interface that kind of thing as well.

Risk Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group (Atlanta, GA) in January 2017.

Interview

A Phone Screen (15min) and an interview (30min) at school by VP and EVP.
    Pleasant interaction, everything based on resume and previous experience.
    Behavioural interview based on fitness in company and team

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group (Cleveland, OH) in January 2017.

Interview

Interviewed with recruiter and hiring manager. After one week I followed up with both but via a thank you email. No response. Found out my application record was completely deleted on the career website - like it never happened.

Senior Manager - New Product Development Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group (Charlotte, NC) in January 2017.

Interview

Telephone interview with a friendly, bright manager. The job used skills and experience I had acquired in several different jobs. However, the actual job was tightly focused on a specific product, rather than generally applicable expertise.

Interview Questions

• What experience do you have in Treasury Management?   1 Answer