PNC Financial Services Group Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1,226 Interview Reviews

2.6

1,226 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all Interviews

Asset Management Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group.

Interview

Standard Questions, the interviewer was nice. They wanted to know what you thought about the position emphasis on how your current skills related to the position. I did not get the job but PNC did a good job getting back to me quickly

Applications Development Ma Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group (Philadelphia, PA) in March 2017.

Interview

The interview process consisted of a half hour phone interview by a non-technical recruiter. The recruiter did not understand some of the questions on the script. To top it off, the offered salary was set very low for the Philadelphia area.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at PNC Bank?   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group in March 2017.

Interview

A company recruiter called first for a phone screen. I was then asked to do a phone interview with the Senior Application Services Manager (in Philly). She blew off the first call (on Wednesday) and was over 10 minutes late for the make-up call (Thursday). I emphasized my excitement for the role and asked what the next steps would be. She told me she would have the recruiter schedule a face-to-face interview.

After waiting until Monday afternoon and hearing nothing, I reached back out to the recruiter. She said she hadn't heard anything but would email the hiring manager. Late Monday night the recruiter emailed me to say the hiring manager said, "I am going to pass on [him] he really didn’t seem interested at all.. J Basically said he is no rush because he doesn’t really need a job."

Really?!?! No clue what alternative reality she pulled that from. I wouldn't be interviewing and following up on a position I wasn't interested in.

The recruiter said she would follow up with the hiring manager and get back to me. Twelve hours later, after no follow up, I received the automated close out letter from the ATS.

Interview Questions

• Nothing was difficult. This was more of a personality interview than a skills interview.   Answer Question

Asset Management Interview

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group.

Interview

First round was an in-person interview at my school career center. 30 min with an analyst from the nearby office. Mostly behavioral questions with one market sizing question (did not expect that) and one finance question.

Superday was out in Pittsburgh, consisted of 6 thirty min interviews w pairs of people from management. Format was generally the same for each interview: two STAR questions, a "finance" question (ie explain the merits of passive over active investing) and a role play question. One or two market sizing questions from former consultants to spice it up.

Got a call the next day confirming offer.

Technology Development Program Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group (Pittsburgh, PA).

Interview

I added resume to my college web site. was notified by email if i was accepted to "SuperDay". At superday, i went through 3 back to back to back one on one interviews. very basic questions. the whole day took about an hour and a half. about a week and a half later I was notified by phone I had been accepted to the program and received formal offer documents by email with next steps. I started about 5 months later

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group.

Interview

The interview was very easy just be yourself and they only ask questions like why should we hire you and describe a time where you went above and beyond to help a customer...the people are pretty nice there but if you have a theft or any thing on your background they will not consider you even if you were 15 years old...I know sucks right

Validation Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group.

Interview

Had two rounds phone interviews. One with the director, and the other with group members. About two weeks later, I received an in-person interview invitation. Gave a one-hour presentation, and then had four sessions of 30-minutes interview. Meet with about 15 people. Very nice people there.

Interview Questions

• Asked questions about how to analyse the problems they have at work. How to deal with some data issues. And some behaviours questions.   Answer Question

Project Manager II Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group (Pittsburgh, PA) in February 2017.

Interview

Research interviewers, company background, job position, as much as possible to prepare for the interviews to come. Take phone screens before in person interview, if you get that far. Meet with various people and teams and discuss technical situations, behavioral situations, ask questions about compensation package, benefits, work place and remote work from home.

Interview Questions

• How do you manage very large projects with many tasks and the Critical Path to ensure milestones are met to keep the project on track?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Point out any new knowledge, training, certifications and always try to ask for a 5% - 15% increase from previous work experience.

Capital Markets Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group (Boston, MA) in February 2017.

Interview

I submitted my resume though my college career center and selected for an interview. I interviewed with one person and it was mostly behavioral questions. It started out with "tell me about yourself" and then we went through my resume. He also asked about coursework and gave a puzzle to answer, just to see how I think.

Branch Sales and Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cary, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group (Cary, NC) in February 2017.

Interview

I applied online. PNC contacted me to complete a one hour online assessment. I then had a one hour initial phone interview. The next step was filling out a more detailed application along with a background check/credit check form. They brought me in next for an interview at the Branch location. The last step was to interview at the regional level. They told me they would let me know either way by the following Wednesday if they were going to offer. The following Thursday I left a voicemail and never heard anything back. The next day I left a message with another staff member and never heard anything back. I was ignored again the following week after trying to call several times. I finally got one of the interviewers on the phone the following week who notified me they had decided to offer another candidate. I was just extremely disappointed to be ignored after going through so many steps with this company in the interview process. It takes 30 seconds to call someone after three interviews and multiple other steps to let them know you offered another candidate. I did get a general email turning me down a couple weeks after all this.

Interview Questions

• Basic interview questions along with a few situational questions in each interview. They ask about a time that you witnessed unethical behavior from a coworker and how you responded.   Answer Question