PNC Financial Services Group Financial Consultant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

PNC Financial Services Group Financial Consultant Interview Questions

Updated Aug 25, 2017

2.6

97 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Branch Financial Sales Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Birmingham, AL

Application

I interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group (Birmingham, AL) in December 2016.

Interview

It was about 10 minutes to briefly explain what the role consist of, which is mainly sales and to see how I could match the role description. She explained the pay grade, the sales incentives and bonuses if you met them. Also they wanted to know if you had any previous banking experience.

Interview Questions

• Give examples of previous sales goals`   1 Answer

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group.

Interview

Very easy. Recruiting works on weekends. First interview scheduled was for a group interview about 12 people. It lasted about two hours. Everyone answered the same questions.
    They called the next day with first offer.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to achieve a sales goal.   Answer Question

Negotiation

We went two rounds of negotiations, taking 3 days.

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group.

Interview

Easy questions asked and a lot tell me about yourself questions. My interviewing manager was a great guy and really help me develop my careers at PNC. I think i just got lucky to have such a great manager.

Interview Questions

• What was your toughest decision ever made at a workplace.   Answer Question

In-Store Financial Sales Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fairfax, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group (Fairfax, VA) in April 2016.

Interview

Applied for job online. Invited to group interview [pool of candidates meeting with HR + branch managers]. We were briefly questioned individually [work history, skills, are we a student or not, etc] Invited to interview with branch manager, afterwards. Was asked basically the same things and explained the position more.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work in a bank?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kalamazoo, MI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group (Kalamazoo, MI) in February 2016.

Interview

Brief and not very informative, did not describe the amount of work well, had to hear it from other employees, did not make you feel like they liked their job

Interview Questions

• Why am I looking for another job, what is the worst experience you ever had with a customer, what is the best experience you ever had with a customer   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group (Washington, DC) in February 2016.

Interview

Process started out as a short phone interview. After that you are asked to meet several Branch Managers in your area. After 2nd interview you if they see potential the will call you in for a one on one 3rd interview

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time you had to deal with a fellow employee breaking best practices.   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group in January 2016.

Interview

I applied online and the next day received a call from a PNC recruiter. She was very transparent with the role, locations available, and pay. We talked for about 5 minutes of what I'm looking for and the best branch to schedule a face to face interview with. A few days later I had an in person interview with the branch manager. It wasn't really an interview, at least that's not how it felt. He told me at the end of the interview I would be a great fit to his branch and said the same recruiter will call me in a few days for next steps. The recruiter called a few days later and offered me the position in which I greatly accepted.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about you.
      Explain your resume.
      Do you have a sales process and explain   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Windsor, NJ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group (Windsor, NJ) in January 2016.

Interview

Applied online took about a month. Three interviews, lots of training after. Phone screen with recruiter, met with manager, then met with regional manager to negotiate pay. All managers are nice, and training is complete. Either way it is still much on the job training. Benefits are alright as well. Overall great company to work for.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time where you dealt with an irate client?   1 Answer

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group.

Interview

Two interviews: one with the regional manager and another with your soon-to-be direct supervisor, the branch manager. Each meeting was held on different days. It was a very relaxed process. They asked questions about what I could bring to the table, what I wanted to work for them, what my goals were, etc.

Branch Financial Sales Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group (Chicago, IL) in December 2015.

Interview

First there was a phone screening with the HR representative, that was a very easy ten minute interview. That same week I Interviewed with branch manager and district manager. Interview lasted almost two hours with ongoing questions about previous jobs and problem solving.

Interview Questions

• how do you convince a costumer to come in and check our loan, credit cards, mortgage, etc offer?   Answer Question