PNC Financial Services Group Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1,282 Interview Reviews

2.6

Branch Financial Sales Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group (Chicago, IL) in December 2015.

Interview

First there was a phone screening with the HR representative, that was a very easy ten minute interview. That same week I Interviewed with branch manager and district manager. Interview lasted almost two hours with ongoing questions about previous jobs and problem solving.

Interview Questions

• how do you convince a costumer to come in and check our loan, credit cards, mortgage, etc offer?   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group.

Interview

Phone interview. Then online test with some pretty bizarre questions some having nothing to do with the position. Passing that you get invited to a Group interview of about 40-50 potential employees. Had to speak about yourself in front of the entire group about yourself and your backround. About 10 managers split people up into groups of 4 or 5. They then go around the group and ask interview questions. Pretty awkward. Then they take everyone on a tour in the call center while people are taking live calls. I was originally offered the job then they called me back 5 min. later to tell me that they decided to not extend the offer to me. I was floored and speechless. Very unprofessional.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time where you had to deal with a difficult customer   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melbourne, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group (Melbourne, FL) in July 2014.

Interview

Attended a 'Group' interview in Melbourne, Florida for a Customer Service Representative for PNC in Viera, Florida. What I assumed would be multiple interviewers in the group interview turned out to be multiple applicants being interviewed together. There were three store managers sitting around the oval conference table with the recruiter at the end. The multiple applicants including myself sat at the table. The recruiter played a Company video on her notebook at the beginning of the interview process. She explained how the questions would be asked by asking us the same question in a clockwise order then switching it.

Interview Questions

• Although the recruiter stated that there were multiple positions and that the applicants weren't competing for the same position was deceiving. The interview tone became combative and competitive. As an experienced CS Rep. I care about people. I wasn't going to use the other applicants answers against them to degrade their qualifications as one did during the interview. Awkward interview style that I would not participate in again unless I was running for a Political office.
      The Group interview enabled one younger applicant to look at the older applicant and state repeatedly that she had a good twenty more years of productive working years to offer. After that this same applicant repeatedly stated how she stays at her job and doesn't skip around after hearing the other applicant state that she has only been at her current bank for a few months. This wasn't a healthy environment where each applicant could promote his/her talents without them being used against them in a competitive way.   Answer Question

Model Validation Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group in October 2011.

Interview

The interviewers are not professional:

She (manager) was taking personal phone calls during the interview. Asking questions when I have not finished the previous question. (Shows no respect to the candidate)

It is a terrible, rude place although I was only there for a couple of hours.

I have a nice job and was not really on the job market but the bank's recruiter dragged me there. Wasted a full day there.

Credit Risk Management Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group in February 2011.

Interview

On campus behavioral followed by super day consisting of 4 mini interviews.

Interview Questions

• What differences do manufacturing firms and distribution firms have on their balance sheets?   Answer Question

Financial Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wooster, OH

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group (Wooster, OH) in September 2009.

Interview

non interview, management needs training on interviews

Interview Questions

• why not doing complete financial planning, when they new we aren't permitted to do planning and don't have the tools   1 Answer

Teller Interview

Anonymous Employee in Beaver Falls, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group (Beaver Falls, PA) in April 2017.

Interview

Went through HR and they set up an interview about 2 weeks after contacting me through email. then i had to go to pittsburgh for training for 2 weeks before i could start working.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group.

Interview

Positive experience. A lot of candidates from diverse backgrounds of experience. Interviewed by 3 different professionals from all across the footprint. Had a cocktail hour the night before where you can network and meet people. Important to connect with group leader as well who was an associate in tbe program

Applications Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group (Cleveland, OH) in January 2015.

Interview

Initial phone screen with team manager, followed by on-site panel interviews with each job specialty within the the team. Met with managers, developers, architects, business analysts, and testing/support team. Overall process took about 4 hours, with each panel interview being approximately 45 minutes.

Interview Questions

• I was repeatedly asked about my career aspirations with regard to management, even when applying to a purely technical role.   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group (Baltimore, MD) in September 2016.

Interview

First round was a phone interview. Second round was a super day at PNC. Phone interview asked about general market knowledge. Super day was a mix of behavioral questions and technical questions.