PNC Financial Services Group Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1,292 Interview Reviews

2.6

Teller Interview

Anonymous Employee in Florence, KY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group (Florence, KY) in May 2015.

Interview

Phone interview with the HR rep and then an interview with the branch manager and another interview with a banker. Waited a month to finally hear back that I got the job.

CSA Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group.

Interview

The interview process wasn't difficult at all for this position. Branch manager needed to know my experience with client interactions, if I could probe with questions and how well I knew simple math.

Wealth Management Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group (Pittsburgh, PA) in March 2017.

Interview

Started with campus recruiter that came to college. Then had 30 minute phone conversation with younger analyst. Lastly super day with 6 20 minute interviews that had combination of 1 on 1, 2 on 1, and 3 on 1. Both technical questions and behavioral

Financial Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group (Cleveland, OH) in December 2013.

Interview

One phone with internal recruiter, who asked a lot of screening questions but clearly didn't understand role he was filling. One with hiring manager which was very easy and didn't take longer. Then offer provided by internal recruiter trying to low-ball compensation, felt I had to haggle to get higher payouts that was discussed with hiring manager. This person could never make the decision, always had to find out the answer and get back to me. This is where the alarm bells rang, that I should have listened to and ran.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle difficult situation with customer complaint?   Answer Question

Personal Banker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Owensboro, KY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group (Owensboro, KY) in July 2014.

Interview

I interviewed over the phone and then I had a face to face with a branch manager and another branch manager. I did not get the job I originally applied for but the other branch manager knew she was going to have a position open so she eventually offered me another short interview and I got the job at her branch.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to be in the financial services industry?   Answer Question

Investment Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group (Charlotte, NC) in July 2017.

Interview

Interviews are set up every 20 minutes. I'm not sure this role is for an experienced advisor based on the role and earning potential. I had lots of questions regarding the daily activities and production expectations, but things were over in a flash. The managers seem courteous and willing to follow-up.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your current role   1 Answer

Business Analysis Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group (Pittsburgh, PA) in April 2016.

Interview

Applied to the position through my school career site. After a 30 min phone screen and a 30 phone interview, I was invited to Pittsburgh for a "Super Day" with six interviewers. PNC booked my trip and hotel, and the process was smooth and very well organized. I had 30 min interviews with people from different areas of the division. They had some script for the questions, but they had their own as well; many behavioral questions. I found the process very well thought and organized. The interviewers came form different areas of the bank, and they had great diversity in experience, years, etc. A coordinator kept things rolling and moving the candidates from one interview to the next.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had a disagreement with a coworker   1 Answer

Branch Sales and Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rochester, MI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group (Rochester, MI) in July 2017.

Interview

1) online application 2) suplimental online questions 3) phone interview 4) in person interview with local branch
    The process was great until I got to the local branch for the in person interview. There, the interview was short and sweet. I was basically written off from the start. The manager had seen my resume beforehand, proceeded with the interview, and grilled me about why i wanted to change careers. She described the job and all it entailed- sounded great to me! She kept insisting that it "isn't as easy as people think!" I'm not sure why she took the interview if she thought I wasn't serious.

Branch Sales and Service Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Winter Park, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group (Winter Park, FL) in June 2017.

Interview

25 minute phone interview with the recruiter, I later realized the branch managers were listening in on the call, then we scheduled a branch interview with manager and assistant manager. They barely allowed me to speak and the branch manager was probably the youngest person working there. The same day I spoke to the regional director and he was... interesting to say the least. It took 2 weeks to get a response via email.

Teller Interview

Anonymous Employee in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group (Detroit, MI) in March 2017.

Interview

Really straight forward. Asked me about myself personally and professionally such as my communication skills and sales skill. Branch manager tested my cash handling skills and tested my sales skills.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to deal with a difficult customer and how did you manage that.   Answer Question