PNC Financial Services Group Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1,265 Interview Reviews

2.6

Applications Development Ma Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group (Philadelphia, PA) in March 2017.

Interview

The interview process consisted of a half hour phone interview by a non-technical recruiter. The recruiter did not understand some of the questions on the script. To top it off, the offered salary was set very low for the Philadelphia area.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at PNC Bank?   1 Answer

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group (Pittsburgh, PA) in March 2017.

Interview

Phone, in person. It went very well and I encourage anyone seeking a position at any firm to read the book "Knock em Dead" to get the latest and greatest tips on interview questions, etc. I would also encourage people new to corporate America to do their homework on firms prior to the interview.

Interview Questions

• Experience performing duties   1 Answer

Senior Process Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dayton, OH

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group (Dayton, OH) in March 2017.

Interview

Telephonic screening with HR - Seemed to go well, was given details on what to expect on the next steps of the interview process, but they were not sure if the low salary would be acceptable. I said I'd get back to them, and within 2 days I responded that the salary was acceptable and provided additional documentation that was requested. After a month of no further response, received a declined notification. Considering that we talked about next steps and salary and I said it was acceptable, I found it insulting that they then sent me a rejection notice then had the position re-posted to all the major sites. I don't know if they were really hiring for the position, but I didn't appreciate having to scan and provide additional documentation, talk about next steps and salary, then be told they weren't interested in me.

Asset Management Interview

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group.

Interview

First round was an in-person interview at my school career center. 30 min with an analyst from the nearby office. Mostly behavioral questions with one market sizing question (did not expect that) and one finance question.

Superday was out in Pittsburgh, consisted of 6 thirty min interviews w pairs of people from management. Format was generally the same for each interview: two STAR questions, a "finance" question (ie explain the merits of passive over active investing) and a role play question. One or two market sizing questions from former consultants to spice it up.

Got a call the next day confirming offer.

Technology Development Program Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group (Pittsburgh, PA).

Interview

I added resume to my college web site. was notified by email if i was accepted to "SuperDay". At superday, i went through 3 back to back to back one on one interviews. very basic questions. the whole day took about an hour and a half. about a week and a half later I was notified by phone I had been accepted to the program and received formal offer documents by email with next steps. I started about 5 months later

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group.

Interview

The interview was very easy just be yourself and they only ask questions like why should we hire you and describe a time where you went above and beyond to help a customer...the people are pretty nice there but if you have a theft or any thing on your background they will not consider you even if you were 15 years old...I know sucks right

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group in January 2017.

Interview

Online assessment test followed by a phone interview. Immediately after the phone interview I was scheduled for an in-person interview with the branch manager. It went extremely well and the recruiter called that same day, several hours later, offering me the position. The interview consisted of the typical questions, many behavioral. They are looking for someone who is sales-oriented and has skills in that field, so be sure to emphasize those in your interview! Good luck!

Project Manager II Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group (Pittsburgh, PA) in February 2017.

Interview

Research interviewers, company background, job position, as much as possible to prepare for the interviews to come. Take phone screens before in person interview, if you get that far. Meet with various people and teams and discuss technical situations, behavioral situations, ask questions about compensation package, benefits, work place and remote work from home.

Interview Questions

• How do you manage very large projects with many tasks and the Critical Path to ensure milestones are met to keep the project on track?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Point out any new knowledge, training, certifications and always try to ask for a 5% - 15% increase from previous work experience.

Capital Markets Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group (Boston, MA) in February 2017.

Interview

I submitted my resume though my college career center and selected for an interview. I interviewed with one person and it was mostly behavioral questions. It started out with "tell me about yourself" and then we went through my resume. He also asked about coursework and gave a puzzle to answer, just to see how I think.

Branch Sales and Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cary, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group (Cary, NC) in February 2017.

Interview

I applied online. PNC contacted me to complete a one hour online assessment. I then had a one hour initial phone interview. The next step was filling out a more detailed application along with a background check/credit check form. They brought me in next for an interview at the Branch location. The last step was to interview at the regional level. They told me they would let me know either way by the following Wednesday if they were going to offer. The following Thursday I left a voicemail and never heard anything back. The next day I left a message with another staff member and never heard anything back. I was ignored again the following week after trying to call several times. I finally got one of the interviewers on the phone the following week who notified me they had decided to offer another candidate. I was just extremely disappointed to be ignored after going through so many steps with this company in the interview process. It takes 30 seconds to call someone after three interviews and multiple other steps to let them know you offered another candidate. I did get a general email turning me down a couple weeks after all this.

Interview Questions

• Basic interview questions along with a few situational questions in each interview. They ask about a time that you witnessed unethical behavior from a coworker and how you responded.   Answer Question