PNC Financial Services Group Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1,227 Interview Reviews

2.6

Technology Development Program Interview

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group (Philadelphia, PA).

Interview

Meet the recruiter at an on-campus career fair. I received a phone call about setting up a first round interview (over the phone) with an employee at PNC. It was pretty simple. Basic behavioral questions about my resume experience and why I was interested in working with the company.

I received a call back saying I was invited to Super Day for second round interviews and networking in Pittsburgh. I interviewed with two individuals. The questions were more tech based (eg. my experience with any technology, how did i use it in previous internships and school, etc.) and a few behavioral.

Interview Questions

• Name a technology that you took upon yourself to learn about and how did you do it?   Answer Question

Operations Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group.

Interview

Standard. Filled out the application online. Received a call from the recruiter, went in for my interview and received a tour of the different departments. It was very different from what I was expecting, but as an internal candidate I had talked to different people in the company and had an idea about it already.

Summer 2017 Interview

Interview

There were 2 rounds of interviews. First round was behavioral questions, second round was for Super Day and you had 2-3 interviews that day. At Super Day I was only asked one technical question.

Asset Management Group Development Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group (Pittsburgh, PA) in November 2016.

Interview

On campus interview. Then Super day was at their Head Quarters in Pittsburgh. Almost all of the questions were to see if you fit into their culture. They take care of almost all of your expenses related to the interview. For example; travel, food, hotel, cab, uber, etc... The people are super friendly too.

Internship Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group (New York, NY).

Interview

short behavior type questions in this interview. lasted about a half hour with one recruiter and myself at an on campus interview session. I applied online and head back from them within two weeks.

Quantitative Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in West Pittsburg, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group (West Pittsburg, PA) in November 2016.

Interview

Applied through university career network. Got email in one week after I applied. Pretty good conversation over the phone with one recruiter and he is really nice and patient. The questions are basic behavior questions and nothing unexpected.

Mortgage Loan Officer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group (Chicago, IL) in November 2016.

Interview

I got a call several weeks after I applies online to schedule a phone interview for the following week. The phone interview was standard - asking me to walk her through my resume. From there I progressed to an in-person interview with a department manager. Following that, they scheduled a Telesales role-play where I would try to sell a credit card to a bank customer

Interview Questions

• If I was to call your last boss, what would he/she say about you?   1 Answer

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group (Pittsburgh, PA) in November 2016.

Interview

First round was on campus, pretty technical. Second round was in Pittsburgh, a few interviews with 2 people interviewing you during each. More behavioral. They look for people to just be themselves and show a genuine interest in the job they are interviewing for.

Technology Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group (Philadelphia, PA) in November 2016.

Interview

I applied and had a phone interview with HR who later scheduled me for a phone interview with the hiring manager. Hiring manager then had me scheduled for a face to face in market street Philadelphia, PA office. I meet with 5 people that interviewed me - Interview was quite easy. I knew

Interview Questions

• Tell me about batch process/batch jobs   Answer Question
    • What type of query can you use to query database   1 Answer
    • What are strength and weaknesses   Answer Question
    • Provide an historical biography of your life in technology so we can get acquainted with you.   Answer Question
    • Why PNC and what will your fellow co workers say about you   Answer Question

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group (Pittsburgh, PA) in November 2016.

Interview

Applied online via my university's career website. The next step was a 30-minute phone interview that was a mix of technical and behavioral questions. About 4 weeks later, I was invited to a Superday at PNC's Headquarters in Pittsburgh. The night before, there was a networking event with some of the people you would be interviewing with the next day. The Superday consisted of 6 30-minute interviews, most of which you were being interviewed by 2 people. The majority of questions were behavioral, with a few technical questions - mostly econ related. My interviews were on a Friday and I heard back on the following Monday.

Interview Questions

• Would rising interest rates be good or bad for PNC?   1 Answer
    • Tell me something about yourself that isn't on your resume.   Answer Question
    • How does the Asset Mangement group make money?   1 Answer