PNC Financial Services Group Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 19, 2017
1,336 Interview Reviews

2.6

Quality Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group.

Interview

This interview was for a remote position.
     Applied (online): 3/21/17
    Email from PNC to complete Talent Profile: 3/24/17 (completed same day)
    Contact from recruiter to conduct 1st interview (phone screen): 4/7/17
    1st Interview: 4/14/17
    2nd Interview: 4/28/17
    3rd Interview: 5/16/17 (Interviewer implied possibly of a 4th interview)
    Rejection email (after 3 phone calls/3 emails to recruiter w/no follow up): 7/15/17

Overall, I thought the process was great at first, the recruiter and everyone was very timely. I was informed during the 3rd interview that there are many changes happening to the department, and I believe that I was "forgotten" about in the mix of all of these changes. I believe that this was too long of a process for an entry-level position, and that I should have at least been contacted two weeks after if they were either A) struggling to make a decision or B) no longer interested in me. I took time off to complete these very long interviews, so it's frustrating that all I was sent was a generic rejection email instead of a follow up email/phone call. If they don't care about me during the interview process, would they care about me once I was onboarded? This experience has ended my desire to do business with this company, which is sad because I really enjoyed learning about the position and thought it could be something I could do for the rest of my life.

Interview Questions

• What examples can you give us where you have identified a risk factor at your company?   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group.

Interview

Phone interview, 2 in person interviews, and 3 different appointments with meet with regional which he no showed for 2 of. Lots of questions were asked about my background and sales experience.

Assistant Manager Interview

Interview

My interview went well. My ONLY issue was with the recruiter. She never followed up and was completely unprofessional throughout the entire process. Even after I interviewed and didn't get the position, she wouldn't answer my calls or return them. I only wanted an update. Turns out they went with an internal instead.

Software Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group (Cleveland, OH).

Interview

The Technology Recruiter from PNC was the most unprofessional person I've ever had the misfortune of speaking with. This person scouted me via dice, asked for a phone interview and upon my reply less than ten minutes after her original email, she didn't respond for two weeks. When she finally did respond, she said she left for vacation and was unreachable (10 minutes after sending an email at 8am?) She then scheduled the call for the next day. Subsequently she forgot all about the call and left the office. I had to call and remind her to do her job. During the call, she was distracted, frustrated, unprepared and even made wise cracks and insults. Asking questions that made no sense and showed that she had little to no knowledge of the position she'd contacted me about. If this is the brand of individual that's in charge of recruitment, then this is not a place to seek employment.

Interview Questions

• Is your job, like, technical?   1 Answer

Branch Sales and Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rochester, MI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group (Rochester, MI) in July 2017.

Interview

1) online application 2) suplimental online questions 3) phone interview 4) in person interview with local branch
    The process was great until I got to the local branch for the in person interview. There, the interview was short and sweet. I was basically written off from the start. The manager had seen my resume beforehand, proceeded with the interview, and grilled me about why i wanted to change careers. She described the job and all it entailed- sounded great to me! She kept insisting that it "isn't as easy as people think!" I'm not sure why she took the interview if she thought I wasn't serious.

Interview Questions

Interview

PNC is a nice place to advance in your career. Normal interview process. HR contacted few days after online application. Hiring event, meet with Branch Manager for interview. HR negotiates.

Organizational Change Interview

Interview

The process was subjective and non-evidence based. They asked loaded questions that were not standardized. It was a noticeably biased process, as if they already had someone else in mind.

Interview Questions

• Do you wake up every day and want to do change management?   Answer Question

Investment Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group (Charlotte, NC) in July 2017.

Interview

Interviews are set up every 20 minutes. I'm not sure this role is for an experienced advisor based on the role and earning potential. I had lots of questions regarding the daily activities and production expectations, but things were over in a flash. The managers seem courteous and willing to follow-up.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your current role   1 Answer

IT Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group (Pittsburgh, PA) in July 2017.

Interview

There are multiple steps during the interview process. The first screening is with the recruiter, which is very brief and mostly to confirm your level of interest and resume. The second interview is a phone interview with the hiring manager. This interview will give you a more detailed overview of position and team you will be working on. You will also be asked questions related to your knowledge and skills. The third interview is an in person interview with the hiring manager and a panel of team members that you will be working with. This is the last step in the process.

Interview Questions

• Describe the difference between functional and non-functional requirements?   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group.

Interview

group interview process. it was pretty normal overall as a process. applied online, was not informed of group interview until time of interview. standard questions for interview. Personally, I thought the interview was professional, conducted in a reasonable time frame and the interviewer asked the appropriate questions for the job I applied for.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had a difficult situation, how did you work through it?   Answer Question