PNC Financial Services Group Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1,256 Interview Reviews

2.6

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group (Pittsburgh, PA) in December 2016.

Interview

I applied online and within a couple of days I got an email to set up a phone interview. The recruiter was extremely friendly, reviewed a bit about the position, and asked me a couple of questions. It went really well, and they invited me to the hiring event/group interview the next day. They began by giving full details about the job, benefits, and the work environment. The group interview wasn't as intimidating as I expected. There were 9 of us in total, all different ages and backgrounds, and we were able to work off each other nicely. The questions were fairly basic "tell me a time when..." questions. A time you failed/what you learned, a time you managed multiple tasks, etc...

I was invited to the second round, this time we went around the group and they asked 3 questions per circulation of the circle, so people got to hear others answer the question they were asked. Everyone was asked 2 questions in total. These questions dealt with morality, work ethic, etc... I was offered the position the next day, and accepted!

Interview Questions

• Why PNC?   Answer Question
    • What would you do if your supervisor was unavailable, but you needed them to complete a task?   1 Answer
    • What is great customer service to me?   Answer Question

Branch Financial Sales Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Birmingham, AL

Application

I interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group (Birmingham, AL) in December 2016.

Interview

It was about 10 minutes to briefly explain what the role consist of, which is mainly sales and to see how I could match the role description. She explained the pay grade, the sales incentives and bonuses if you met them. Also they wanted to know if you had any previous banking experience.

Interview Questions

• Give examples of previous sales goals`   1 Answer

Various Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group (Indianapolis, IN) in December 2016.

Interview

No structure. It is a waste of time. Applying only as a Teller, yet the recruiter offer me the position as Teller Team Lead, went to an interview as a Teller Team Lead, the VP (interviewer) said not fit., offer me another position as BRO. Went another interview again for the position with the Branch Hiring Manager, The Manager told me that I am very much qualified, in fact show me where i gonna sit if hired. After a week, the recruiter called me that i am not fit for the position and put all the status - all positions (Teller, Team Lead, BRO) are no longer in considerations. Big JOKE ! RACIST !

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group in December 2016.

Interview

The interview process was a good experience especially with the recruiter. She was extremely helpful throughout the process. I interviewed with several individuals and felt as though the culture was a goos fit. Unfortunately the timing was not good.

Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group (Pittsburgh, PA) in December 2016.

Interview

I had my first interview on campus that lasted about an hour. The interview was mostly aimed to evaluate soft skills . Next, the company invited me to super day in Pittsburgh, where I had three interviews with different people. Again, they are looking for soft skills but also added some more role specific questions. The week after they got back to me with an offer.

Interview Questions

• What is your largest concern in the market right now and what should we do about it?   Answer Question

Internship Interview

Interview

Fairly straightforward. Mostly personality based with a few banking questions thrown in there as well. Started out with an on-campus college interview, then was invited to attend Super Day, which had two more interviews and a networking breakfast included.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to handle a difficult customer or peer.   Answer Question

Technology Development Program Interview

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group (Philadelphia, PA).

Interview

Meet the recruiter at an on-campus career fair. I received a phone call about setting up a first round interview (over the phone) with an employee at PNC. It was pretty simple. Basic behavioral questions about my resume experience and why I was interested in working with the company.

I received a call back saying I was invited to Super Day for second round interviews and networking in Pittsburgh. I interviewed with two individuals. The questions were more tech based (eg. my experience with any technology, how did i use it in previous internships and school, etc.) and a few behavioral.

Interview Questions

• Name a technology that you took upon yourself to learn about and how did you do it?   Answer Question

Portfolio Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group.

Interview

I was emailed by HR about 7 hrs after applying online. We had a phone interview the next day, and then I had a second round in person with the hiring manager the following week for about an hour. The third round was supposed to be two weeks later but was pushed to two months later (I later found out that PNC corporate HR had pulled the position before opening it up again.) Third round was nearly four hours long and consisted of meeting the entire group I'd be working with including the Managing Director of the business line. Received verbal offer two weeks later.

Interview Questions

• Typical interview questions, nothing challenging or very technical, more of a test of personality and culture fit.   Answer Question
    • Do you know how to use Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint?   Answer Question
    • Tell me what you would do if you seemed to be having a problem with a colleague.   Answer Question

Negotiation

First offer was very low, possibly because I'd been out of work for seven months. I negotiated up a little to about 10% less than I'd been making in my previous job but chose not to try for more as I really wanted the position, liked the group, and heard great things about PNC (and I had no other offers at the time.)

Operations Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group.

Interview

Standard. Filled out the application online. Received a call from the recruiter, went in for my interview and received a tour of the different departments. It was very different from what I was expecting, but as an internal candidate I had talked to different people in the company and had an idea about it already.

Summer 2017 Interview

Interview

There were 2 rounds of interviews. First round was behavioral questions, second round was for Super Day and you had 2-3 interviews that day. At Super Day I was only asked one technical question.