PNC Financial Services Group Part Time Teller Interview Questions | Glassdoor

PNC Financial Services Group Part Time Teller Interview Questions

Interviews at PNC Financial Services Group

2.5

Part Time Teller Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group.

Interview

The first step was a phone interview. The questions were pretty easy. The in-person interview was scheduled with the branch manager a few hours later.
I interviewed with the branch manager and teller lead. We discussed my experiences and I was asked questions from a booklet. It felt more like a conversation than an interview. I could tell they were interested at the end, because they asked a lot of questions about what schedule I needed, if I could be flexible, and if I would be ok with part-time.

Interview Questions

• When you dealt with sales goals in a previous position, what was our approach to meet quota?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for PNC Financial Services Group

Part Time Teller Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group.

Interview

Went through a three step process. One phone interview, group interview, and one on one interview. The process in general took 1-2 weeks and it was very quick and easy for each step.

Interview Questions

• Name a time where you went above and beyond for a customer.   Answer Question

Part Time Teller Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group.

Interview

First I did a phone interview with the HR.

I got a call back inviting me to a group interview. There were maybe 12 of us, plus the interviewer and an observer. In addition to introductions, we were asked four multi-part questions and each given an opportunity to answer. At this interview, we were given a questionnaire asking about our preferred work location, salary, etc.

Two weeks later I received a call for a one-on-one in person interview with a manager at a branch more than half an hour away (in spite of the fact that there are six branches which are closer). The manager was pleasant, and the interview consisted mostly of sales experience questions.

Another two weeks later I received the job offer.

Interview Questions

• I don't really remember. At each interview I was asked to tell about a time that I set a sales goal for myself that I exceeded. I really did not expect so many sales related questions, but once I actually started the job it became very clear. This job is almost entirely sales.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no negotiation. I was offered a specific position within a specific branch at a specific salary, and I could take it or leave it.

Part Time Teller Interview

Interview

1. Applied online to local branches.
    2. Received email to schedule a phone interview (5-10 minutes).
    3. Initial phone interview was more like a screening. On the same day received a second phone interview with situational questions (tell me about a time when...).
    After phone interview, and since things went well I was scheduled an interview with a branch manager (Sometimes a group interview happens before this step).
    4. Interview (being early is a good first step) with branch manager and teller supervisor was conversational and friendly. You are made to feel welcome and comfortable. They look for people with great communication skills who can work well and get along with the team. Taking care of customers is a big deal. Smile. Show you are committed to work, exceed expectations, and desire to grow with the company.
    5. Interview was on Friday waiting on call back on Monday. I feel confident I will get the job!

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had a difficult customer/client.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Be able to work around their schedule and pay. I'd you work hard and show your worth your supervisor and manager should take notice and cater more to your demands.

Anonymous Employee in Erie, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group (Erie, PA) in August 2014.

Interview

applied online, received phone interview a day later. completed assessment, received email to schedule on-site group interview. 13 people were there for a few positions. Don't know exactly how many open positions. Interview was about 1 and half hour, another half hour for them to make decision.

Anonymous Employee in DuBois, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group (DuBois, PA) in June 2012.

Interview

Applied online and was called the next day for a phone screening. After the phone screening was done a phone interview was scheduled, basic questions were asked such as previous work experience and education. After phone interview a face to face was scheduled and more of the simple questions were asked along with a description of the job.

Interview Questions

• No specific question was difficult but the thoroughness of the background check questions was surprising at first. Then again it's a bank....   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Lincoln Park, MI

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group (Lincoln Park, MI) in August 2008.

Interview

had a phone interview and after we had a 1:1 with the regional manager. The questions were basics and basicly had to answer them and sell yourself most importantly. Tell me about yourself, how do you handle customer service obstacles or an irate customer.? Why do you think we should hire you?

Interview Questions

• What is your strength and weaknesses?   1 Answer
    • Why should we chose you?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Holland, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group (Holland, MI).

Interview

Applied online, received a phone call later that week that basically clarified my work availability. Another phone call the next week talking about work experience and basic interview a questions. Finally had an in person interview with the assistant branch manager. Then later that week with the branch manager. Got a call later that day from the recruiter with an offer.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiating available. Was told my hours and pay rate.

Anonymous Employee in Wilmington, DE

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group (Wilmington, DE) in June 2015.

Interview

There was a brief interview process in which I sat down with two branch managers. They asked me probing questions concerning my personality as well as my actual cash handling experience. Overall they were interested in my journey as a person and how I ended up in front of them. I was somewhat distracted though both of the branch managers were VERY attractive.

Interview Questions

• What experience do you have handling large amounts of cash.   1 Answer

Part Time Teller Interview

Interview

Very formal and uptight. Was interviewed in person 3 times by different levels of management; two interviews were with one person, the final interview was with two people: the teller supervisor and the manager of that branch. Had to do numerous testing on all different levels: phone interview, personality testing, skills testing, drug testing, background check.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time that you disagreed with management and how did you handle it   Answer Question