PNC Financial Services Group Part Time Teller Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 26, 2017

2.5

18 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Part Time Teller Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group.

Interview

Went through a three step process. One phone interview, group interview, and one on one interview. The process in general took 1-2 weeks and it was very quick and easy for each step.

Interview Questions

• Name a time where you went above and beyond for a customer.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for PNC Financial Services Group

Part Time Teller Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group.

Interview

The first step was a phone interview. The questions were pretty easy. The in-person interview was scheduled with the branch manager a few hours later.
    I interviewed with the branch manager and teller lead. We discussed my experiences and I was asked questions from a booklet. It felt more like a conversation than an interview. I could tell they were interested at the end, because they asked a lot of questions about what schedule I needed, if I could be flexible, and if I would be ok with part-time.

Interview Questions

• When you dealt with sales goals in a previous position, what was our approach to meet quota?   Answer Question

Part Time Teller Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group in April 2016.

Interview

I apply and within 3 days ingot a call from a recruiter to set up a time and day for a phone interview. Phone interview was easy she ask regular question after the interview was done she explain the next steps that was sending the info to the branch manager and if he liked it we would go from there. To my surprise she call me back half hour later to tell me that the manager like me and want to set up a face to face interview. Interview with the manager was awesome really nice guy , ask basic questions also explain to detail all the job responsibilities. He told me on the spot that I got the job . A day later I got a call from the recruiter with the formal offer and instructions for my first day of training

Anonymous Employee in Toledo, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group (Toledo, OH) in October 2015.

Interview

Very professional, sales is discussed in the interview, but not the extent of how much. Having experience in sales or control of a safe and cash drawers a plus. Expectations are discussed as well as describing what you do well and what you struggle with.

Interview Questions

• Are you willing to work more than 29 hours per week to help with shortages and vacations?   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was no negotiation as far as pay, vacation, or guaranteed days off. If there are vacations or any other events planned that cannot be rescheduled they need to know about it during the interview. Staffing is limited so taking time off can be hard to do especially if you don't get vacation time. Training was explained that I would have to travel an hour away for a week and mileage would be reimbursed.

Part Time Teller Interview

Interview

Very formal and uptight. Was interviewed in person 3 times by different levels of management; two interviews were with one person, the final interview was with two people: the teller supervisor and the manager of that branch. Had to do numerous testing on all different levels: phone interview, personality testing, skills testing, drug testing, background check.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time that you disagreed with management and how did you handle it   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Akron, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group (Akron, OH) in July 2015.

Interview

Interview took about 60 minutes with the Branch Manager and Head Teller. Both professional and easy going. Asked me a lot of sale related questions. Then finished the interview telling me about the position, benefits, and training. Whole process from applying to excepting offer took about 2 weeks.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself? Why PNC?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you had to sell something.   Answer Question
    • Tell me how you feel about you met a quota, and how did you go about succeeding in meeting it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Wilmington, DE

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group (Wilmington, DE) in June 2015.

Interview

There was a brief interview process in which I sat down with two branch managers. They asked me probing questions concerning my personality as well as my actual cash handling experience. Overall they were interested in my journey as a person and how I ended up in front of them. I was somewhat distracted though both of the branch managers were VERY attractive.

Interview Questions

• What experience do you have handling large amounts of cash.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Holland, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group (Holland, MI).

Interview

Applied online, received a phone call later that week that basically clarified my work availability. Another phone call the next week talking about work experience and basic interview a questions. Finally had an in person interview with the assistant branch manager. Then later that week with the branch manager. Got a call later that day from the recruiter with an offer.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiating available. Was told my hours and pay rate.

Part Time Teller Interview

Interview

1. Applied online to local branches.
    2. Received email to schedule a phone interview (5-10 minutes).
    3. Initial phone interview was more like a screening. On the same day received a second phone interview with situational questions (tell me about a time when...).
    After phone interview, and since things went well I was scheduled an interview with a branch manager (Sometimes a group interview happens before this step).
    4. Interview (being early is a good first step) with branch manager and teller supervisor was conversational and friendly. You are made to feel welcome and comfortable. They look for people with great communication skills who can work well and get along with the team. Taking care of customers is a big deal. Smile. Show you are committed to work, exceed expectations, and desire to grow with the company.
    5. Interview was on Friday waiting on call back on Monday. I feel confident I will get the job!

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had a difficult customer/client.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Be able to work around their schedule and pay. I'd you work hard and show your worth your supervisor and manager should take notice and cater more to your demands.

Part-time Teller Interview

Application

Interview

You're first contacted by the recruiters assistant, then you fill out more online surveys, then you interview with the actual recruiter and fill out some more online surveys. After all that you finally get to interview with an actual person. You are then scheduled to take your drug test and recieve you're first day of training dates. It was a rather lenghty process.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation when you were under stress and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Negotiation

48hrs