PNC Financial Services Group Interview Questions in Philadelphia, PA | Glassdoor

PNC Financial Services Group Interview Questions in Philadelphia, PA

Updated Mar 7, 2017

2.5

Applications Development Ma Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group (Philadelphia, PA) in March 2017.

Interview

The interview process consisted of a half hour phone interview by a non-technical recruiter. The recruiter did not understand some of the questions on the script. To top it off, the offered salary was set very low for the Philadelphia area.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at PNC Bank?   1 Answer

Technology Development Program Interview

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group (Philadelphia, PA).

Interview

Meet the recruiter at an on-campus career fair. I received a phone call about setting up a first round interview (over the phone) with an employee at PNC. It was pretty simple. Basic behavioral questions about my resume experience and why I was interested in working with the company.

I received a call back saying I was invited to Super Day for second round interviews and networking in Pittsburgh. I interviewed with two individuals. The questions were more tech based (eg. my experience with any technology, how did i use it in previous internships and school, etc.) and a few behavioral.

Interview Questions

• Name a technology that you took upon yourself to learn about and how did you do it?   Answer Question

Technology Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group (Philadelphia, PA) in November 2016.

Interview

I applied and had a phone interview with HR who later scheduled me for a phone interview with the hiring manager. Hiring manager then had me scheduled for a face to face in market street Philadelphia, PA office. I meet with 5 people that interviewed me - Interview was quite easy. I knew

Interview Questions

• Tell me about batch process/batch jobs   Answer Question
    • What type of query can you use to query database   1 Answer
    • What are strength and weaknesses   Answer Question
    • Provide an historical biography of your life in technology so we can get acquainted with you.   Answer Question
    • Why PNC and what will your fellow co workers say about you   Answer Question

Accounting Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group (Philadelphia, PA).

Interview

I was contacted by HR for the interview, when I accepted they said they would email me the particulars. I had to call back to ask for the email with the location and name of contact the day of the interview. As for the interview itself - It was very uncomfortable. Taken in room with panel of four. Questions were read from a script and repetitive.

Interview Questions

• Describe a conflict you have had on the job and how you resolved it   Answer Question

Negotiation

Salary was non-negotiable.

ACCEL Retail Bank Development Program Analyst/Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group (Philadelphia, PA) in September 2015.

Interview

Fairly short and simple, the interviewer was kind and personable. He started off with questions about the job position. Explain why you want this job, what you expect from it, why are you interested in this position, why PNC and financial industry. Then they ask a lot of behavioral and STAR questions. "Tell me about a time..." Interview took 30 minutes. Haven't heard back from them yet.

Bank Teller Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group (Philadelphia, PA) in June 2015.

Interview

It was a group interview with about 10 people and they go around and ask you all the same questions. I think there were 5 questions that were mostly behavioral. It was a comfortable and relaxed environment. If they like you they'll send you on another interview with a branch manager or assistant manager. I also had a phone prescreen before the HR interview. You can take your time to answer questions. Also be prepared to ask questions. If you throw some info about the company they will be impressed

I had another offer

Investments Marketing Segment Lead I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group (Philadelphia, PA) in May 2015.

Interview

Fine until the day of the interview. The hiring manager couldn't have seemed less interested in meeting me. Left me standing in the lobby of the building for over fifteen minutes and when he finally came down for me rushed me into a conference room where he must have looked at his watch a dozen times. It was the Friday of Memorial Day weekend. I found out on the following Tuesday that they offered the position to someone else - an internal candidate. I had a weird vibe that something was up before the interview but didn't want to cancel. I should have. It was a not a good experience and left me with a very poor taste in my mouth.

Bottom line - treat candidates with respect. Be honest. Follow up. Don't make fools of people.

Interview Questions

• Questions were very vague, mostly revolved around time/project management.   1 Answer

Financial Sales Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group (Philadelphia, PA) in April 2015.

Interview

Although, I was early the interview started late. The manager didn't seem to be experienced enough or open-minded enough to be conducting an interview. This manager didn't possess certain skills and openly seemed to attempt to find something "wrong" with my resume. After naming all the qualities that were being looked for and it being confirmed that I have them, I began to consider that this manager may have been looking for something specific that would be more discriminatory. By the way that certain sentences were phrased and views expressed I believed that I may have been discriminated against for example, I was expected to be less professional and less intelligent based on my ethnicity.

This manager didn't possess certain qualities that I have seen of a great interviewers and seemed to have already come to certain conclusions about me and my experiences before any questions were asked (the facial expressions showed this) and those conclusions were kept even after I provided a way for the reasoning to be understand in its entirety. The interview was conducted recently and therefore it is too early to be presented with an offer at all.

On a side note, I was greeted exceptionally well by the tellers. They were professional, friendly, and extended those same greet traits to each and every customer that I saw come in.

Process Improvement Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 8+ weeks. I interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group (Philadelphia, PA) in April 2015.

Interview

The process to start was fairly easy as I knew someone in the company. Went through 3 interviews. All people that I spoke with we're very friendly and didn't make you feel uncomfortable. Unfortunately, the process was very long and took close to two months to get an answer.

Training Facilitator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group (Philadelphia, PA).

Interview

Short personality assessment required to go with online application. Initial phone interview with potential manager then another phone interview with that person's manager (both were located remotely). PNC then chose 2 candidates to give a teaching presentation to a panel of potential co-workers, manager and two regional managers. A Q&A session followed the presentation.

Interview Questions

• Give specific example of a situation you had to address when a co-worker would not do what you asked. How did you resolve the problem?   1 Answer

Salary offered was not in line with industry standards for this type of position