PNC Financial Services Group Interview Questions in Pittsburgh, PA | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 21, 2017

2.7

Technology Development Program Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group (Pittsburgh, PA).

Interview

I added resume to my college web site. was notified by email if i was accepted to "SuperDay". At superday, i went through 3 back to back to back one on one interviews. very basic questions. the whole day took about an hour and a half. about a week and a half later I was notified by phone I had been accepted to the program and received formal offer documents by email with next steps. I started about 5 months later

Project Manager II Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group (Pittsburgh, PA) in February 2017.

Interview

Research interviewers, company background, job position, as much as possible to prepare for the interviews to come. Take phone screens before in person interview, if you get that far. Meet with various people and teams and discuss technical situations, behavioral situations, ask questions about compensation package, benefits, work place and remote work from home.

Interview Questions

• How do you manage very large projects with many tasks and the Critical Path to ensure milestones are met to keep the project on track?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Point out any new knowledge, training, certifications and always try to ask for a 5% - 15% increase from previous work experience.

Branch Sales and Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group (Pittsburgh, PA) in January 2017.

Interview

I applied online and received an email a few days later with a questionnaire to fill out. After completing the questionnaire, I had a phone interview and then was asked to come in for a one-on-one interview at the branch that I applied to.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you went above and beyond to help a customer out?   1 Answer

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group (Pittsburgh, PA) in December 2016.

Interview

I applied online and within a couple of days I got an email to set up a phone interview. The recruiter was extremely friendly, reviewed a bit about the position, and asked me a couple of questions. It went really well, and they invited me to the hiring event/group interview the next day. They began by giving full details about the job, benefits, and the work environment. The group interview wasn't as intimidating as I expected. There were 9 of us in total, all different ages and backgrounds, and we were able to work off each other nicely. The questions were fairly basic "tell me a time when..." questions. A time you failed/what you learned, a time you managed multiple tasks, etc...

I was invited to the second round, this time we went around the group and they asked 3 questions per circulation of the circle, so people got to hear others answer the question they were asked. Everyone was asked 2 questions in total. These questions dealt with morality, work ethic, etc... I was offered the position the next day, and accepted!

Interview Questions

• Why PNC?   Answer Question
    • What would you do if your supervisor was unavailable, but you needed them to complete a task?   1 Answer
    • What is great customer service to me?   Answer Question

Asset Management Group Development Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group (Pittsburgh, PA) in November 2016.

Interview

On campus interview. Then Super day was at their Head Quarters in Pittsburgh. Almost all of the questions were to see if you fit into their culture. They take care of almost all of your expenses related to the interview. For example; travel, food, hotel, cab, uber, etc... The people are super friendly too.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group (Pittsburgh, PA) in November 2016.

Interview

First round was on campus, pretty technical. Second round was in Pittsburgh, a few interviews with 2 people interviewing you during each. More behavioral. They look for people to just be themselves and show a genuine interest in the job they are interviewing for.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group (Pittsburgh, PA) in November 2016.

Interview

Applied online via my university's career website. The next step was a 30-minute phone interview that was a mix of technical and behavioral questions. About 4 weeks later, I was invited to a Superday at PNC's Headquarters in Pittsburgh. The night before, there was a networking event with some of the people you would be interviewing with the next day. The Superday consisted of 6 30-minute interviews, most of which you were being interviewed by 2 people. The majority of questions were behavioral, with a few technical questions - mostly econ related. My interviews were on a Friday and I heard back on the following Monday.

Interview Questions

• Would rising interest rates be good or bad for PNC?   1 Answer
    • Tell me something about yourself that isn't on your resume.   Answer Question
    • How does the Asset Mangement group make money?   1 Answer

Wealth Management Development Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group (Pittsburgh, PA) in November 2016.

Interview

Brief 20-30 minute phone interview asking basic financial knowledge and some behavioral questions. Was invited to their super day within 1-2 weeks (skyped into super day) consisted of three 30-45 minutes with three different executives at different branches. Still waiting to hear back regarding the super day over 5 weeks ago.

Software Applications Development Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group (Pittsburgh, PA) in November 2016.

Interview

Following phone screen interview from HR, had on site interviews with hiring manager and peer manager. Hiring manager traveled from Cleveland to Pittsburgh for the interview. The position was to initially manage teams of three to five developers where I had previously managed 15 to 20 developers. Hence I needed to convince the hiring manager that I was not overqualified for the position.

Interview Questions

• How do I gather requirements?
      How do I ensure projects are progressing according to schedule?
      1 Answer

AMG Development Program Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group (Pittsburgh, PA) in November 2016.

Interview

1 in-person interview, 1 phone interview, 1 super day interview. It was a bit rushed on the front end and a little slow hearing back about the result. Super day I interviewed with about 10 people so you get to meet a lot of people which is awesome