PNC Financial Services Group Interview Questions in Pittsburgh, PA | Glassdoor

2.7

254 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

PM Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group (Pittsburgh, PA).

Interview

Recruiter called and then followed by phone and in person interviews I met with the hiring manager at one of the remote locations. The interview lasted about an hour then I was instructed to take a drug test and financial background investigation.

ACCEL Program Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group (Pittsburgh, PA).

Interview

I was an intern, during the interview process they take you into a hotel conference room where you listen to different speakers for half an hour. Immediately after you are interviewed by two employees based on the area you are interviewing for.

Interview Questions

• Tell me how you overcame an issue in the workplace or obstacle you faced in school.   Answer Question

LOB Risk Lead Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group (Pittsburgh, PA).

Interview

After a few phone interviews (recruiter, manager, colleague), I waited a month and a half before reaching out to PNC to see if I was still being considered. After being told I was of interest, the recruiter asked me to travel 180 miles (one way) for in-person interviews. The in-person interviews lasted less than an hour and half before I was on my way back home. Again, after a month of not hearing anything, I reached out to Recruiter and Manager to see if they need any more information. No response. After a full two months of radio silence, I submitted a travel reimbursement form, in which I immediately received a generic auto-rejection email for the position.
    Call me a millennial who needs coddled, but after I travel that far (mid-week), I expect at least an email from a person.

Interview Questions

• How do you think you will handle working for a smaller bank?   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group (Pittsburgh, PA) in May 2017.

Interview

Had a total of 7 interviews including a presentation. The interviews were fine but didn't give a very good idea of what the job was going to be and what their challenges were. The final presentation was in May and they just got back to me with the rejection in mid-July. The recruiter was super involved until the day I gave my presentation and then I never heard from her again. Message received.

Technology Development Program Interview

Application

Interview

PNC visited my school's career fair. I made casual conversation with one of their boothers and he had me write my name down for an interview that day. Had a 30-45 minute interview technical manager. Got a call about a week later with an invitation to participate in PNC's 'Super Day' interviews. That process consisted of an open bar style happy hour the night before the interview with those that you will be interviewing. The next day, it was 3 interviews with managers spread across different teams for about 45 minutes to an hour each. Sent thank you emails. Everyone responded which was great. One actually slipped and said congratulations before I had the offer.

Interview Questions

• A lot of questions about your own experience. Scenario-based questions to relate your experience with difficulties you have overcome or times that you've excelled. Behavioral questions.   Answer Question

Teller Interview

Anonymous Employee in Beaver Falls, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group (Beaver Falls, PA) in April 2017.

Interview

Went through HR and they set up an interview about 2 weeks after contacting me through email. then i had to go to pittsburgh for training for 2 weeks before i could start working.

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group (Pittsburgh, PA) in March 2017.

Interview

Phone, in person. It went very well and I encourage anyone seeking a position at any firm to read the book "Knock em Dead" to get the latest and greatest tips on interview questions, etc. I would also encourage people new to corporate America to do their homework on firms prior to the interview.

Interview Questions

• Experience performing duties   1 Answer

Wealth Management Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group (Pittsburgh, PA) in March 2017.

Interview

Started with campus recruiter that came to college. Then had 30 minute phone conversation with younger analyst. Lastly super day with 6 20 minute interviews that had combination of 1 on 1, 2 on 1, and 3 on 1. Both technical questions and behavioral

Technology Development Program Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group (Pittsburgh, PA).

Interview

I added resume to my college web site. was notified by email if i was accepted to "SuperDay". At superday, i went through 3 back to back to back one on one interviews. very basic questions. the whole day took about an hour and a half. about a week and a half later I was notified by phone I had been accepted to the program and received formal offer documents by email with next steps. I started about 5 months later

Project Manager II Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group (Pittsburgh, PA) in February 2017.

Interview

Research interviewers, company background, job position, as much as possible to prepare for the interviews to come. Take phone screens before in person interview, if you get that far. Meet with various people and teams and discuss technical situations, behavioral situations, ask questions about compensation package, benefits, work place and remote work from home.

Interview Questions

• How do you manage very large projects with many tasks and the Critical Path to ensure milestones are met to keep the project on track?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Point out any new knowledge, training, certifications and always try to ask for a 5% - 15% increase from previous work experience.