PNC Financial Services Group Teller Banking Representative I Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Find jobs for Teller Banking Representative I

1 Interview Review

1.0

1 Candidate Interview ReviewBack to all Interviews

Teller Banking Representative I Interview

Anonymous Employee in Delray Beach, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group (Delray Beach, FL) in December 2011.

Interview

I started the process by receiving an internal referral from a Financial Sales Consultant at a local branch. The hiring process consisted of one group interview and two 1:1 interviews. Group interview was with the HR recruiter and two of the hiring mgrs and consisted of basic questions like accomplishments and customer service. However, right off the bat, the interviewer will ask if anyone would like to share some facts they learned about PNC as a company. The way he presents the question is for a voluntary response, but make sure you volunteer and give some facts. You will immediately stand out from the group, especially if you are the only one to answer, and this is critical. I then went on to a 1:1 with the hiring mgr and teller supervisor. This one was a little longer and contained mostly questions regarding work experience in your most recent job and recalling particular situations with clients at your job. The final interview was 1:1 with the Vice President of Sales and Service Support for the region. This was more of a personal conversation regarding my current job, interest in a career with PNC, being comfortable with selling, etc.

After my final interview, the recruiter told me they would have a decision by the following Monday. He called promptly on Monday morning and extended an offer. Pre-employment was standard: Drug screen within 72 hours of offer, fingerprinting within 7 days, background and credit checks, etc.

Overall, I really enjoyed the process. The HR recruiter, hiring mgr, and VP were all very friendly and supportive of my efforts. Communication during the process was fantastic and they don't leave you guessing. The questions were all pertinent to the position and there weren’t any curveballs. Mostly questions related to cash handling, following procedures, and client relations.

Interview Questions

• (group) Would anyone like to share something they learned about PNC?   1 Answer
  • (group) What is your greatest accomplishment, sales or not?   Answer Question
  • (group) What is an example of a business you shop at because of their customer service and what makes it effective?   1 Answer
  • (1:1 Hiring Mgr) What is the extent of your cash handling experience?   3 Answers
  • (1:1 hiring mgr) Describe a situation where a customer was angry because of a mistake you made and how did you handle the situation?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Offer was firm at $10.62/hour for full time. They have set amounts they must follow for pay for new hires. I don't have banking experience so it might be possible to negotiate a higher rate if you have prior banking exp.