PNC Financial Services Group Teller Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 15, 2017

2.6

78 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Beaver Falls, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group (Beaver Falls, PA) in April 2017.

Interview

Went through HR and they set up an interview about 2 weeks after contacting me through email. then i had to go to pittsburgh for training for 2 weeks before i could start working.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for PNC Financial Services Group

Anonymous Employee in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group (Detroit, MI) in March 2017.

Interview

Really straight forward. Asked me about myself personally and professionally such as my communication skills and sales skill. Branch manager tested my cash handling skills and tested my sales skills.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to deal with a difficult customer and how did you manage that.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group (New York, NY).

Interview

phone interview, asked about ten questions. the person interviewing me was running behind on interviews so my interview was cut short. it was a very relaxed interview process. the questions were basic interview questions, nothing to crazy.

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group (Pittsburgh, PA).

Interview

Call from recruiter first with basic phone interview, she set up the branch interview and told me about the training process, then interview in branch with manager and a follow up from the recruiter

Anonymous Interview Candidate in South Wilmington, DE

Application

The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group (South Wilmington, DE).

Interview

I went on 5 interviews and kept being told I was a great candidate for the position but I never got hired. They kept calling me back for group interviews and everyone was so nice and had a lot of positive feedback but they didn't hire me.

Interview Questions

• Name an experience you had where you provided excellent customer service.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Carlisle, OH

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group (New Carlisle, OH) in August 2016.

Interview

Recruiter sent me info and called. Asked what branch- went to interview and the Vp asked no questions related to job- said he would forgo typical interview questions. In his words-" Monkeys could do the job."
    Very odd interview- brought in other employees to meet me- then ended the interview stating he was worried about my schedule- position was part time- 9-5 bank hours. Once I told him I had a 13 year old boy he backed out of interview. I have open availability. Position was part time- he stressed the need for coming when he called.
    In the end he did not hire me- he opened interview by stating he was friends with Fifth Third CEO-
    Seems like he was a narcissist. Maybe it was better I did not get position. Seems they have HR issues and gender bias.

Teller Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group.

Interview

Applied online. Had a phone interview with a Human Resources representative. The phone interview was great and the HR person was nice. Went in for a in person interview at the branch and was interviewed by the branch manager, the assistant manager, and the teller supervisor. Asked the standard questions about experience, strengths, etc. Interview went surprisingly long. Heard back within a week that I got the job from HR. Called by branch manager to set up training and schedule.

Interview Questions

• Was I willing to do odd things like mop, plunge toilets, etc. if needed. I guess a former employee complained it wasn't part of his job description so he didn't want to.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group (Washington, DC) in June 2016.

Interview

Group interview. There are a mix of tellers and BBSA at this group interview. They seem to what to get to know our personality. emailed me back 2 days later

Teller Interview

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group.

Interview

Professional and very detailed information about the position. Manager was genuine and very much so pleasant. Received call three days after the second face to face interview. Received call week and half later with offer and I excepted

Interview Questions

• What makes you think you the best candidate for this position   Answer Question

Teller Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group in May 2016.

Interview

They sent me an email to attend a group interview. The group interview was kinda strange as you had to all answer the same questions and go around the room. Anyone can steal answers. I was accepted for a 2nd interview which was 1 on 1 with a branch manager and that was good.

Interview Questions

• Give me a good example where you had to sale a product and achive the goal   Answer Question