PNC Financial Services Group Teller Interview Questions | Glassdoor

PNC Financial Services Group Teller Interview Questions

Interviews at PNC Financial Services Group

2.6

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mobile, AL

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group (Mobile, AL).

Interview

Phone interview with placement specialist. Short basic interview questions during actual in person interview. Two people were present for the interview in the managers office in the branch. They did not seem very pleasant and seemed to rush the process.

Interview Questions

• Describe a scenario when you dealt with an angry customer.   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for PNC Financial Services Group

Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group (Indianapolis, IN) in May 2019.

Interview

Process was very simple and easy. Applied online, invited to complete behavioral assessment within 3 days. Once assessment was complete I was contacted that week to notify I passed and to schedule phone interview with recruiter. Once phone interview was complete I was emailed within a few days to schedule in person and meet with Assistant Branch Manager. Interview scheduled for following week. Interviewed in person with Assistant Branch Manager and Branch Manager at same time. Offered position and opportunity to complete background before business day was over.

Interview Questions

• Why did you choose the banking industry?   Answer Question
    • How would you respond to a customer who was upset with you making a mistake on their account?   Answer Question
    • How well do you work with others?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lexington Park, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group (Lexington Park, MD) in May 2019.

Interview

I submitted an online application, took an online skills test, was contacted via email, then had a brief phone interview, and was invited to a hiring event (multiple interviews conducted at once), be sure to bring an extra copy of your resume!! They'll tell you if they're interested at that time, and then you'll receive another call afterward. Other positions may be offered during that time. I was called after and given another online test and set up for a third interview with a branch manager for a higher-level position, which is the point I am at now. Customer service skills and high level of ethics are a must. Not planning to use PNC as a quick stepping stone is also important to them.

Interview Questions

• What customer service skills do you have - helping, guiding, and determining customers' needs?
      Have you been in a position where you were required to demonstrate high ethics? If so, please explain. Provide a particular situation.
      Have you ever felt particularly good in a position about helping someone, please explain.
      Have you ever been in a position where you were particularly bothered by something or someone; if so, what was that?   1 Answer

Teller Interview

Interview

Standard Process for the interview. Phone screening and then in-person with the manager. They were very nice and I enjoyed the process with them. Normal questions were asked and basic teller functions.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Brunswick, NJ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group (New Brunswick, NJ) in November 2018.

Interview

You get a phone call from an internal recruiter. You get an online assessment of basic skills and "personality". You are then scheduled for face to face interview with person you will be reporting to. If you get an offer, you will receive an offer letter. Here is where the process becomes stressful. You MUST pass a drug test and be fingerprinted. You only have a 72 hour time period for the drug test. Should you miss this time period for any reason, PNC is unflexible, they WILL NOT reschedule and WILL RESCIND the offer!! DO NOT RESIGN from your job until this is finalized, apparently the "official" offer letter does not mean that you have the job.

Interview Questions

• where do you see yourself in 5 years, 10 years?   1 Answer

Teller Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group.

Interview

I received a preliminary phone interview, and then an in-person interview at the branch. I had two interviewers, the branch manager, and the assistant manager. It was a pleasant and professional interview process.

Interview Questions

• How do you handle a customer complaint   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Dover, DE

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group (Dover, DE) in August 2018.

Interview

I Applied online for the position and two weeks later I received a call from a recruiter. I did an on phone interview with recruiter then scheduled a in person branch interview

Teller Interview

Interview

I was given a phone interview. The lady stressed my skills with handling customers. A day later I received an email asking me to come in for a face-to-face interview. Hopefully that will go well! Fingers crossed!

Interview Questions

• Describe a time I handled a stressful situation with a customer.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group (Philadelphia, PA) in September 2017.

Interview

The process took about 2 weeks. I applied one Monday and got an email to schedule a phone interview that Friday. The phone interview was scheduled for Monday. The phone interview was great. And went well. So a face to face interview was scheduled for that Wednesday. Went to the interview that went well. Said I would get a call back from them within a few days to know if I got the job or not.

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group (Philadelphia, PA) in September 2017.

Interview

applied online, received a call about a week later. phone interview went well. after phone interview I was asked to do a face to face interview. face to face was with teller sup and branch manger. They asked me questions, about my experience.

Interview Questions

• what is the largest amount of money handled in previous job?   1 Answer