PNC Financial Services Group Teller Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Nov 28, 2018

2.6

89 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ridgely, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group (Ridgely, MD) in October 2009.

Interview

I applied online for a PT teller position with a local PNC branch. I got called the next week and had an immediate phone interview. Following the phone interview, the lady scheduled me for an in-person interview with the branch manager.
I went in for my interview, dressed in a suit and tie (may have overdone it a little), and spoke with the branch manager who was very friendly and easy-going. He asked me the basic questions, such as to tell him about myself, why I want to work there, and he asked me a few "Tell me about a time you....." questions.
Afterward though, I never heard from them again.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you went above and beyond for an upset customer.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for PNC Financial Services Group

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Harrisburg, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group (Harrisburg, PA) in February 2009.

Interview

The workers at PNC were very nice and asked a lot of questions regarding the position. I had asked to be e-mailed when there is any open position, and they immediately e-mailed me when a position was open. So that was really good to be sent that information; keeps me from looking at their web site every day or every other day.

Interview Questions

• If we were to call your former employees, what would they say about you?   2 Answers

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Woodridge, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group (Woodridge, IL) in September 2010.

Interview

I waited forever to get this interview i spoke to about 3 recrutiers then i was schedualed for an interview with the branch manager. It went very smooth because i had 4 mo of experiance. H asked me general questions and we compared my previous bank and pnc. The manager said he really like me and that so far i was in the lead for the position. When i left he said he was sure to see me again. A week went buy and no call yet. I was very disapointed but then again it was ok because i lived 23 miles away and the pay sucked 9.30 for teller. I emailed the manager and no response.

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group (Philadelphia, PA) in August 2008.

Interview

I first took a quick numbers and morality test. That was easy. Then I had to do an interview with a recruiter and that was more of a behavioral/personality interview. They asked me five questions about being a good employee. Overall, the whole process was quick and easy. Nothing much about the company was asked of me.

Interview Questions

• What is one trait that you like most about yourself? Or one trait that you think that you possess that is a positive?   1 Answer
    • What is one situation that you overcame or didnt overcome?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Since this is not a high paying job or commission based, it went fairly well.

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group (Philadelphia, PA) in January 2008.

Interview

applied on line and got a call within a week. had an interview with a recruiter and was send to have an interview with the manager right after.the teller supervisor was not in that day so I had to come back the next day for the interview with him (he really didn't care). Was offered a job the next day

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No, turnover is really big they have set rates

Anonymous Interview Candidate in La Plata, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group (La Plata, MO) in January 2011.

Interview

Phone interview with HR/2 days later offered Branch Interview/interviewed with Branch Mgr & Asst Branch Mgr-very friendly & personable. Situation and circumstance questions like: tell me about a time you overcame an objection with your boss/tell me about a time you handled a disagreement with a co-worker/how do you handle it when you don't reach a set goal/ Questions were in a format of about a 10 page packet with questions they could choose from. HR highly involved in process.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group (Cleveland, OH) in December 2010.

Interview

Phone Interview-HR called to schedule the phone interview for the same day, since I wanted to be prepared I asked if it could be done the next morning they did. HR called exactly on time, it was very formal not chit chatty at all.

Interview Questions

• Name one time you had an unhappy customer and were able to make them happy?   1 Answer
    • Asked why left all previous employers and did leave on good terms.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group (Philadelphia, PA) in April 2012.

Interview

I applied online, it took one day for the recruiter to call me back. She asked me a few questions about my sales experience and my previous employers. She then emailed me a link to take the personality assesment. I am still waiting to hear back

Interview Questions

• Explain how you went out of your way to provide exceptional customer service   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group (Indianapolis, IN) in March 2012.

Interview

Got an email to set up a phone interview. The person that called me was from their HR Department. She was very friendly. She explained about the position, hours, location, type of work, etc. The interview was about 30 to 45 minutes. About 2 weeks later, I got a call from a branch manager and I went in for the interview. Nice location, staff was nice. Asked a few behavior questions and why I wanted to work for them.

Anonymous Employee in Fairfax, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group (Fairfax, VA) in April 2010.

Interview

Personality assessment following the online application, HR phone call, HR phone interview, followed by a face-to-face interview with the manager

Interview Questions

• Asked about prior customer service, cash handling, & sales experience   Answer Question