PNC Financial Services Group Teller Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 21, 2017

2.5

80 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group (Philadelphia, PA) in September 2017.

Interview

The process took about 2 weeks. I applied one Monday and got an email to schedule a phone interview that Friday. The phone interview was scheduled for Monday. The phone interview was great. And went well. So a face to face interview was scheduled for that Wednesday. Went to the interview that went well. Said I would get a call back from them within a few days to know if I got the job or not.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for PNC Financial Services Group

Anonymous Employee in Beaver Falls, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group (Beaver Falls, PA) in April 2017.

Interview

Went through HR and they set up an interview about 2 weeks after contacting me through email. then i had to go to pittsburgh for training for 2 weeks before i could start working.

Anonymous Employee in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group (Detroit, MI) in March 2017.

Interview

Really straight forward. Asked me about myself personally and professionally such as my communication skills and sales skill. Branch manager tested my cash handling skills and tested my sales skills.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to deal with a difficult customer and how did you manage that.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group (Indianapolis, IN) in February 2017.

Interview

The application process was cumbersome, but once I contacted with HR, it went smooth.
    It was very thorough and easy to communicate with everyone needed to. Once I met with the Branch Manager, he was extremely easy to talk to which made the interview go very smooth.

Interview Questions

• He asked what my needs were in terms of hours, how many hours a week I was looking for?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group (New York, NY).

Interview

phone interview, asked about ten questions. the person interviewing me was running behind on interviews so my interview was cut short. it was a very relaxed interview process. the questions were basic interview questions, nothing to crazy.

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group (Pittsburgh, PA).

Interview

Call from recruiter first with basic phone interview, she set up the branch interview and told me about the training process, then interview in branch with manager and a follow up from the recruiter

Anonymous Interview Candidate in South Wilmington, DE

Application

The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group (South Wilmington, DE).

Interview

I went on 5 interviews and kept being told I was a great candidate for the position but I never got hired. They kept calling me back for group interviews and everyone was so nice and had a lot of positive feedback but they didn't hire me.

Interview Questions

• Name an experience you had where you provided excellent customer service.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Carlisle, OH

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group (New Carlisle, OH) in August 2016.

Interview

Recruiter sent me info and called. Asked what branch- went to interview and the Vp asked no questions related to job- said he would forgo typical interview questions. In his words-" Monkeys could do the job."
    Very odd interview- brought in other employees to meet me- then ended the interview stating he was worried about my schedule- position was part time- 9-5 bank hours. Once I told him I had a 13 year old boy he backed out of interview. I have open availability. Position was part time- he stressed the need for coming when he called.
    In the end he did not hire me- he opened interview by stating he was friends with Fifth Third CEO-
    Seems like he was a narcissist. Maybe it was better I did not get position. Seems they have HR issues and gender bias.

Teller Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group.

Interview

Applied online. Had a phone interview with a Human Resources representative. The phone interview was great and the HR person was nice. Went in for a in person interview at the branch and was interviewed by the branch manager, the assistant manager, and the teller supervisor. Asked the standard questions about experience, strengths, etc. Interview went surprisingly long. Heard back within a week that I got the job from HR. Called by branch manager to set up training and schedule.

Interview Questions

• Was I willing to do odd things like mop, plunge toilets, etc. if needed. I guess a former employee complained it wasn't part of his job description so he didn't want to.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group (Washington, DC) in June 2016.

Interview

Group interview. There are a mix of tellers and BBSA at this group interview. They seem to what to get to know our personality. emailed me back 2 days later