PNC Financial Services Group Teller Interview Questions | Glassdoor

PNC Financial Services Group Teller Interview Questions

Updated Feb 21, 2017

2.6

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boca Raton, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group (Boca Raton, FL) in February 2013.

Interview

Filled out online application and the next morning an HR woman called me asking very basic questions such as "do you have cash handling experience" very yes/no questions. Was more like a screening not an interview. Also asked what I wanted to make hourly. I told her 15 just to see what happens and she told me 10-12 would be more realistic. I was then sent a psychological assessment. One of those "never, sometimes always" type tests. 2 days later an HR rep called me and left a message. I called her back, she didn't answer, I left a message. Called her again the next day, no answer. Finally on the third day she answered and she interviewed me. Basic questions about customer service, difficult customer, following company rules. She sent my info to a local branch and they agreed to interview. She forgot to send me my bank location for the interview. I wasn't able to get a hold of my HR lady so I had to call customer service, who called HR, who called my HR lady who called me from her cell phone to tell me she forgot and will send it later.

Anyway, the actual interview was awkward. The moment I sat down I felt like I wouldn't get the job. Sat with assistant GM and GM. Asked me a million and one questions about customer service to the point where I ran out of experiences and didn't know what to say anymore. I'm unsure what they were trying to get out of me. I stayed and smiled and finished the interview but it was just plain weird. I did learn the GM's favorite restaurant and where the woman who was interviewed before me lived...

I don't think I'll be getting a call back

Interview Questions

• None really just a million variations of "how do you sell, how do you deal with difficult customers... "   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for PNC Financial Services Group

Anonymous Employee in Floyds Knobs, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group (Floyds Knobs, IN) in January 2013.

Interview

I filled out the online application to see which positions were open. Since I had no previous banking experience, I applied for full-time teller positions in three locations near where I live. I received a phone call and an email from an out-of-state recruiter within four days of applying online. They set up a phone interview the next day with a recruiter. In the interview, the recruiter asked about sales experience and why I thought I'd be a good fit for the position. After answering the questions, she directed me to an online aptitude test for one of the three branches I applied for. The test was 60 questions, and took about 45 minutes to complete. A couple of days after completing the test, I learned that two of the branch positions I applied for were filled. Fortunately I received a phone call from a local recruiter who requested a 30-minute interview the following day. She asked questions about my interest in the position, my prior experience and qualifications for PNC, etc. We discussed the job description, the average pay, hours, and benefits. After the phone interview, the recruiter set up a face-to-face interview with me and the branch manager a few days later. My interview with the branch manager lasted about an hour. She talked about her branch, her expectations, what she wanted in a candidate for this position, and the difference in full- and part-time employees. Among other questions, she asked what I can bring to her team with my background and why I want to enter the banking industry. She ended the conversation by letting me know that if selected, I would have an offer within three days from the local recruiter. I received an offer the following day.

Interview Questions

• Since you don't have prior banking experience, why do you think you'd be a good candidate for this position?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiations. The recruiter said I'd start at the low end of their hourly rate because of my lack of experience, but the branch manager was pleased with my interview and started me a bit higher.

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group (Philadelphia, PA).

Interview

I was handed the job based upon experience. No interview

Negotiation

non-existant

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group (Philadelphia, PA) in September 2012.

Interview

The phone interview ran for about 10-15 minutes. We reviewed the job description and then compared it with my resume. My Interview process is tomorrow at 6pm. It is a group interview.

Interview Questions

• The most difficult question was when they asked for my hardest decision with my last job.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group (Baltimore, MD) in August 2012.

Interview

I received an online application, a phone interview, and a group interview. I spoke with someone from HR over the phone and they went through a brief interview. At the end of the interview, I was invited to an interview the next week.
    The interview was a group interview with about 10 people, and we basically took turns answering the questions around the table.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you went above and beyond for a customer.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group (Pittsburgh, PA) in June 2012.

Interview

It was a group interview. It was fine. HR person did a fine job. No difficult questions.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of 5 star service that you have provided?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group (Philadelphia, PA) in April 2012.

Interview

I applied online, it took one day for the recruiter to call me back. She asked me a few questions about my sales experience and my previous employers. She then emailed me a link to take the personality assesment. I am still waiting to hear back

Interview Questions

• Explain how you went out of your way to provide exceptional customer service   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group (Indianapolis, IN) in March 2012.

Interview

Got an email to set up a phone interview. The person that called me was from their HR Department. She was very friendly. She explained about the position, hours, location, type of work, etc. The interview was about 30 to 45 minutes. About 2 weeks later, I got a call from a branch manager and I went in for the interview. Nice location, staff was nice. Asked a few behavior questions and why I wanted to work for them.

Anonymous Employee in Whitehouse, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group (Whitehouse, OH) in February 2012.

Interview

I had a phone interview first with questions about my previous experiences. They wanted to know what I did at my previous jobs and why I left. Next I was setup for an in person interview with the Branch Manager and Teller Supervisor. The interview was over an hour but it was a very positive experience. The Branch Manager had a lot of questions about my sales and customer service experience. They explained the process of becoming a teller and what the job includes. The Teller Supervisor asked me questions about my cash handling experience.

Interview Questions

• I think the phone interview was more difficult because they asked those same questions of explain a customer service issue and how you dealt with it. It's hard when you are on the spot to remember details and quickly explain it.   Answer Question

Negotiation

They called and offered me the position

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group (Pittsburgh, PA) in October 2011.

Interview

I actually walked right into a branch simply researching career change opportunities. The genuinely friendly and helpful assistant branch manager offered to look over my resume and talked to me about our mutual history in retail. A spot was serendipitously open and I was given an interview. During the interview, stock questions were asked, such as problem solving and ethic inquiries, as well as laying out expectations, hopes, and opportunities.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I gave a number I could only consider leaving my other job for (it was a stable job, but wasn't getting paid much), and since the interview and previous encounters went well, the boss was enthusiastic and said although they start people in my position at less, he would do all he could. I got the offer for the number I suggested.