PNC Financial Services Group Teller Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Nov 30, 2017

2.6

81 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Teller Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group.

Interview

HR rep calls you and does a quick phone interview then sets you up with the Branch manager for a formal interview at the branch you will be working.

Interview Questions

• Was there a time you ever went out of your way to help a customer? When? What did you do?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Not able to negotiate hourly wage

Other Interview Reviews for PNC Financial Services Group

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group (Charlotte, NC) in January 2014.

Interview

The process took about 3 plus months, I applied online, received an online assessment, had a phone interview with the recruiter, had a 1 on 1 interview with the branch manager, then a second interview with the regional manger, I was called about 2 weeks later and accepted the position.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bloomfield Hills, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group (Bloomfield Hills, MI) in July 2013.

Interview

Did an online app. Was emailed less than a week later to set up a telephone interview. The recruiter mainly told me the starting pay and asked why I wanted to leave my current job. He sent me a link for an assessment. After I finished that I was sent a link for an application. A few days later I got a call to set up another phone interview. That interview was questions about my strengths, qualities, etc. I was contacted by phone again to set up an in person interview. I completed that. The interviewers were very informative. Was sent an email the following week notifying me I was not selected for the position.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for our bank versus other banks?   Answer Question

Teller Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group in July 2013.

Interview

3 part interview process. first a group interview, then interview with the regional managers and lastly with the branch manager

Interview Questions

• how do you deal with upset customers?   1 Answer

Teller Interview

Interview

The interview was quite simple, and you are contacted after filling out an online application. When you walk in the branch, everyone is dressed professionally and you immediately sense that these are very genuine people. The interview was brief, just going over the resume information. They want to get a feel for how well you will fit in, because the company is made of very close knit groups of employees.

Interview Questions

• We're looking for a real firecracker to keep the atmosphere in the office booming, are you a good fit?   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no negotiation phase for this job; all salaries are on a tiered system.

Teller Interview

Interview

Basic questions regarding cash handeling

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group (Philadelphia, PA) in February 2013.

Interview

Applied online. Within about a week, received an email invitation to set up a phone interview with HR. I had a phone interview with a general HR person calling from corporate HQ in Ohio. Entire conversation took less than 10 minutes and was informative, questions asked were basically "Why did you/are you leaving your current position?" HR emailed me more forms to fill out, and said that the branch manager of the location I applied to would need to decide whether or not they want to speak to me...still waiting after about a week to hear back.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boca Raton, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group (Boca Raton, FL) in February 2013.

Interview

Filled out online application and the next morning an HR woman called me asking very basic questions such as "do you have cash handling experience" very yes/no questions. Was more like a screening not an interview. Also asked what I wanted to make hourly. I told her 15 just to see what happens and she told me 10-12 would be more realistic. I was then sent a psychological assessment. One of those "never, sometimes always" type tests. 2 days later an HR rep called me and left a message. I called her back, she didn't answer, I left a message. Called her again the next day, no answer. Finally on the third day she answered and she interviewed me. Basic questions about customer service, difficult customer, following company rules. She sent my info to a local branch and they agreed to interview. She forgot to send me my bank location for the interview. I wasn't able to get a hold of my HR lady so I had to call customer service, who called HR, who called my HR lady who called me from her cell phone to tell me she forgot and will send it later.

Anyway, the actual interview was awkward. The moment I sat down I felt like I wouldn't get the job. Sat with assistant GM and GM. Asked me a million and one questions about customer service to the point where I ran out of experiences and didn't know what to say anymore. I'm unsure what they were trying to get out of me. I stayed and smiled and finished the interview but it was just plain weird. I did learn the GM's favorite restaurant and where the woman who was interviewed before me lived...

I don't think I'll be getting a call back

Interview Questions

• None really just a million variations of "how do you sell, how do you deal with difficult customers... "   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Floyds Knobs, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group (Floyds Knobs, IN) in January 2013.

Interview

I filled out the online application to see which positions were open. Since I had no previous banking experience, I applied for full-time teller positions in three locations near where I live. I received a phone call and an email from an out-of-state recruiter within four days of applying online. They set up a phone interview the next day with a recruiter. In the interview, the recruiter asked about sales experience and why I thought I'd be a good fit for the position. After answering the questions, she directed me to an online aptitude test for one of the three branches I applied for. The test was 60 questions, and took about 45 minutes to complete. A couple of days after completing the test, I learned that two of the branch positions I applied for were filled. Fortunately I received a phone call from a local recruiter who requested a 30-minute interview the following day. She asked questions about my interest in the position, my prior experience and qualifications for PNC, etc. We discussed the job description, the average pay, hours, and benefits. After the phone interview, the recruiter set up a face-to-face interview with me and the branch manager a few days later. My interview with the branch manager lasted about an hour. She talked about her branch, her expectations, what she wanted in a candidate for this position, and the difference in full- and part-time employees. Among other questions, she asked what I can bring to her team with my background and why I want to enter the banking industry. She ended the conversation by letting me know that if selected, I would have an offer within three days from the local recruiter. I received an offer the following day.

Interview Questions

• Since you don't have prior banking experience, why do you think you'd be a good candidate for this position?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiations. The recruiter said I'd start at the low end of their hourly rate because of my lack of experience, but the branch manager was pleased with my interview and started me a bit higher.

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group (Philadelphia, PA).

Interview

I was handed the job based upon experience. No interview

Negotiation

non-existant