PNC Financial Services Group Underwriter Interview Questions | Glassdoor

PNC Financial Services Group Underwriter Interview Questions

2.5

5 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Underwriter Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter. The first interview was with the recruiter and lasted a full hour. Most of the questions were one's that the hiring mgr prepared and were job specific. The second interview was with the hiring mgr and was 1.5 hours. It was more of a "get to know you" type of interview. It was also going over the job duties and company culture. She said she was very impressed would like to move fwd, and I'm a perfect fit for their company culture. She said I would be hearing from her supervisor. Instead, I got a call stating that my information was transferred to a different dept for a different position and that mgr would call me. The 3rd interview was with another mgr. It lasted approx 45 min. She had very specific questions that she was reading from a paper. She also said that she would be recommending me for the position and I should hear back very soon. Instead of hearing back I received a generic email stating -we have decided to pursue other candidates for this position.

Interview Questions

• Most of the questions required research to properly answer. Those that can memorize thousands of pages of manuals would do fine.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for PNC Financial Services Group

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group (Charlotte, NC) in February 2013.

Interview

Applied online through internatl job posting. They interviewed 4 candidates of which I was the only internal candidate. The interview was a one hour panel interview with 4 interviewers. All questions were behavioral.

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group (Pittsburgh, PA) in October 2009.

Interview

I initially had a pre-screen phone interview with a recruiter from PNC. This was very brief - about 5 minutes. Very general questions about my past work experience and salary expectations. I said a minimum of 50k. The recruiter then set a 1:1 interview with a operations manager. Again, this was also very short - 15 minutes or so. I have about 7 years of relevant experience and knew several employees who would give me a good referral so this may be why it was such a short process. Mainly interview was about my experience and expectations of new role.

Interview Questions

• What is your salary expectations?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I got offered 50k - countered to 55k. They held steady and I decided to accept. Best advice would be to ask for 55k-60k - my understanding is that 50-55 is the normal salary.

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group (Philadelphia, PA) in June 2009.

Interview

Basic questions about your background. Some basic behavioral questions that aren't tough. Then some easy technical questions about the financial statements. Namely the balance sheet and income statement.

Interview Questions

• Walk us through the balance sheet   1 Answer

Underwriter Interview

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group in March 2012.

Interview

Received a call from a recruiter and had a brief chat about my resume. 5 Days later got a call from the hiring manager and had a 25 minute interview about my background and the opportunities at the bank. Brought in for a face to face interview, both 1 on 1 and in a group about a week later. Got on well with everyone involved and felt PNC did a great job describing the company.

Interview Questions

Got a better offer elsewhere.