PNC Financial Services Group Interview Questions in Washington, DC | Glassdoor

2.4

20 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

ACCEL Program Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group (Washington, DC) in November 2016.

Interview

The process began with a resume screen. This was followed by on campus interview. Within 2 weeks I was contacted regarding a concluding day long "Super Day." The super day consisted of a brief position overview and networking breakfast followed by several 1 on 1 interviews conducted in a large convention room setting. I heard back within a few weeks regarding my status.

Teller Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group (Washington, DC) in June 2016.

Interview

Group interview. There are a mix of tellers and BBSA at this group interview. They seem to what to get to know our personality. emailed me back 2 days later

Financial Sales Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group (Washington, DC) in February 2016.

Interview

Process started out as a short phone interview. After that you are asked to meet several Branch Managers in your area. After 2nd interview you if they see potential the will call you in for a one on one 3rd interview

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time you had to deal with a fellow employee breaking best practices.   1 Answer

Bank Teller Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group (Washington, DC) in April 2015.

Interview

I applied online and then a couple days later received an email to attend a group interview. There was about 15 people and one area recruiter. She went around the room and asked us all about our work experience. After she said she would review our applications with the branch managers and we will get a call from them if we have moved on to a second interview.

Financial Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group (Washington, DC) in July 2013.

Interview

It is a series (meaning 10+) of interviews. Phone interviews are with the investment side or HR. In person interviews are with retail bank staff.

Interview Questions

• Answering process questions on the bank side. If you've never worked at a bank, you will need an interpreter.   1 Answer

Negotiation

They called with an offer after verifying my previous salary.

Bank Teller Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group (Washington, DC).

Interview

First got an email telling me that they wanted to set up a group interview with me. The interview went pretty well I believe. It was in a place where you had to get checked in and all of that. There was probably about 12 people in the room including the 3 people that already worked for PNC. After the group interview, I got a call asking if I had already been informed that they had wanted to move forward. They set me up with an individual interview with one branch and then there was a long waiting process, had to call them a couple times. Then I was set up with another individual interview at another branch. The total process ook about 3-4 months to finally get hired at a place very different then where I orginally started.

Interview Questions

• Not very difficult questions; however, you kind of expect that given the job.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Negotiation phase was very quick. It was about 2 yes or no questions long.

In-Store Branch Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group (Washington, DC) in January 2013.

Interview

It was a panel interview consisting of two managers, the regional manager and the market manager. The second interview was an interview with the regional manager only. I was an internal candidate and the wheels turned extremely slowly. The process took approximately six months overall.

Interview Questions

• Behavioral questions. Mostly about how to handle difficult situations.   1 Answer

ACCEL Program- Retail/Business Banking, Financial Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group (Washington, DC) in November 2012.

Interview

Initial on campus interview (very quickly found out- within a day or two if you were invited to the next round). Final round "Superday" consisted a reception Thursday night followed 3 one on one interviews in quick succession on Friday. You are given one of three time slots. The early morning, late morning, or afternoon. I had the early morning interview, which started with breakfast at 7 AM and I was finished with the 3 interviews by 9:30 AM.

Interview Questions

• Make sure to follow up with Thank You Notes immediately after the interview via email. I was told by a peer that they selected candidates by the end of the day, so hand written notes are not necessary.   Answer Question

Customer Service Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group (Washington, DC) in October 2012.

Interview

Quick process interview is large group first then if filtered through goes on to individual branch managers

Interview Questions

Negotiation

very little room negotiation.

Branch Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group (Washington, DC) in August 2012.

Interview

It was long and arduous. It was also confusing because of slow or no responses to inquiries. There was no direction given and one hand had no idea what the other was doing. I waited for days for a response to any question and they left me completely confused. I obviously should hve known, but I needed the employment.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when...of course everyone has an answer for this, but you learn nothing about the candidate. The recruiter was disinterested and once you are hired, you are on your own.   1 Answer

Negotiation

They basically just stated what they would pay and didn't leave room for negotiation