POP Interview Questions in Seattle, WA | Glassdoor

2.3

9 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Project Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at POP (Seattle, WA) in June 2016.

Interview

Contacted via email by agency HR manager after submission was in for 2 weeks; she requested a 20 minute phone discussion.

Our conversation lasted 70 minutes, which saw her share quite abit of detail about the role but also made it clear they still had some organizational details to sort out; a week later I received an email advising that they "will not be moving forward with additional interviews at this time".

Receptionist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at POP (Seattle, WA) in January 2016.

Interview

I applied online and then was contacted for a phone interview. After the phone interview I was selected for an in-person interview where I met with the recruiter and the individual who would be my boss if hired. Before the interview ended they invited me back for a second in-person interview. At this interview I met the previous receptionist, the recruiting manager, and the director of HR.

Interview Questions

• Why did you apply for this position?
      What are your career goals?   Answer Question

Solutions Architect Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at POP (Seattle, WA) in October 2015.

Interview

The interview involved a 30 minute initial call to hear what POP was about and what I was about. After that, I was asked to go on site in Seattle for a 1:1 interview. I had a two hour interview with management and another architect. Whiteboard, code, and examples of code design was part of this process. Technical questions were asked in order to access how one approaches problems.

Interview Questions

• Explain over experience, list challenges had during those projects. Answer technical questions about software development and design.   Answer Question

Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at POP (Seattle, WA).

Interview

1) Phone screen with recruiting. General skill and background questions
    2) Phone screen and Q&A with potential peer in same position. I was interested in a "day in the life of" experience and daily tasks.
    3) Another phone screen. Follow up with recruiting discuss job mechanics and benefits.
    4) In person interview 1- Leads and execs.
    4) in person interview 2- team members and client partners

Interview Questions

• They were very thoughtful and came armed with a prepared list of questions. The process was very organized and professional. Bonus points for everyone being on time. The folks at POP give a lot of thought as to who they hire and it shows.
      Favorite question: Describe a time i took a chance (professionally) and if I had regrets.   Answer Question

Negotiation

The negotiation phase was easy for me. I had previously discussed what my needs would be if I was offered the job and they had a clear understanding of what that meant. When an offered was submitted, it was fair and comprehensive.

Senior Visual Designer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at POP (Seattle, WA) in January 2015.

Interview

I went to their office for the interview with the creative director. Turned out he was out of town and nobody has let me know. I still had a phone interview with him from their office and this was enough for them to decide whether they want me.

Interview Questions

• * Asked about my background
      * Asked me to talk through my portfolio   Answer Question

Motion Designer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at POP (Seattle, WA) in April 2014.

Interview

I started as a freelancer so there wasn't really an interview at all. People on the team at the time liked me and the work I did. I got an offer and that was it!

Client Partner Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at POP (Seattle, WA).

Interview

Relatively well organized in terms of getting the office tour (one of the selling points) and meeting a breadth of the team. That said, specific job requirements were not disclosed and interview was primarily a chemistry-check to determine whether or not they like you. Very "High School" in nature. I realized that the nature of my responses and our interactions was less about professionally relevant experience and far more about wether you would be able to work with the existing and significant personalities that are there. In the end, what POP was looking for was a hard-working and unchallenging personality willing to work long hours and submit to those already in place and comfortable in their roles. Oh, and it became clear over time, they want to be able to micro-manage your every decision.

Interview Questions

• Describe your biggest professional weakness and how you have worked to address it.   2 Answers

Negotiation

Brutal. POP is a heavy negotiator and convinces you to take a lower salary with the full expectation of high variable compensation that never turns out to be true. This ultimately led me and many others to leave. POP, unless they resolve it, will always be a revolving door and they seem to be perfectly fine with that fact.

Copywriter Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at POP (Seattle, WA) in January 2013.

Interview

For the phone screen I was asked the standard questions about what I'm looking for, etc. In person I was asked to discuss past projects & clients, and to show my portfolio.

Interview Questions

• The creative director was curious about my experience with my past projects, and asked question about how I approach the creative process. I mostly just talked them through my portfolio.   1 Answer

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at POP (Seattle, WA) in November 2009.

Interview

Interview was pretty straight forward, not very challenging. My recommendation to candidates considering an opportunity here is to really probe on culture and ask about retention and turnover.

In hindsight, I don't believe the company was completely honest during the interview and having participated in interviews as an employee I don't believe hiring decisions are always made with the best motivations in mind. I would recommend talking to employees that are no longer with the company to gain a better understanding of fit and role.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Was able to negotiate salary a bit, but comp in general was under-market. Expectations were set that work life balance compensated for lower comp, which proved to be false when I logged 200+ hours in overtime in 3 months.