POWER Engineers Electrical Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 10, 2017

2.6

7 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Electrical Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at POWER Engineers.

Interview

The interviewer asked me about electrical engineering projects i have been involved in. The interviewer was very cordial and very interested in my responses; I enjoyed the interview, I suggest each applicant be prepared to discuss electrical engineering projects that you have been involved in.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about projects i have been involved in.   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for POWER Engineers

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madison, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at POWER Engineers (Madison, WI) in March 2017.

Interview

1 hour HR phone interview follow by a 1 hour "technical" phone interview with the hiring manager and another engineer. Then, they brought me in for an in-person interview that consisted mostly of them trying to sell the company to me.

Electrical Engineering Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at POWER Engineers in January 2015.

Interview

Really there was not much of an interview process. I showed up, dressed up of course, and immediately felt in an awkward position as people in the office were wearing shorts/sandles/tshirts. Mainly talked about what Power Engineers does as a company, felt very informal. Mainly talked about my previous work experience/what I like to do for fun. Felt like they were trying to see if I would fit in with the people around the office.

Electrical Engineer Interview

Interview

Hiring process is initiated by Human & Resource Department. Firstly the advertisement publish in the national newspaper; secondly applications short listed and call letters for written test issued to shortlisted candidates; then interview conducted and verification process also initiated in this phase; finally appointment letter issued to applicants.

Interview Questions

• Are you ready to work any where in whole organization?   1 Answer

Electrical Engineering Interview

Application

The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at POWER Engineers in April 2011.

Interview

I am a fairly experienced senior engineer, during my career I used to interview and hire employees, contractors, and consultants.

I have NEVER experienced or seen an interviewing process like this one: over the period of 10 weeks, I was phone screened twice, face-to-face interviewed with panels of people twice (combined discussion time is, in my estimate, close to 12 hours) , ALL of my references checked and grilled about me and...nothing. Haven't heard from them since.
    Usually, checking references is the last step after you already tentatively make-up your mind and feel you will extend an offer to the candidate. Of course, unless checking references unvails something really bad about the candidate, which does not happen very often.

Keep in mind that this is NOT a management position or any other strategically important administrative position, just a simple engineering position.

I have to say that they were all very nice and pleasent with me during this process, I have absolutely no complaints there...I am not in a particular hurry but after three months it would be nice to know what the outcome is, don't you think so? At this point of time, I think that even a rejection is better than no answer at all.

Somebody somewhere will have to make a decision at one point of time, and it almost seems that nobody is authorized or willing to do that.

Interview Questions

• During two conference calls and three face-to-face meetings, I've heard every question you can think of, from "where do you see yourself in five years?" which is OK for recent college grads but probably out of place in my case, to "do you have a dog?"   Answer Question

Electrical Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at POWER Engineers in August 2010.

Interview

human resource interview. 2 interviews maximum, one with hr, one with hiring manager. not good work culture, very low pay compared to other energy companies in houston, tx.

Electrical Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at POWER Engineers in September 2009.

Interview

Interview involved an initial phone screen, followed by a meet-and-greet in the office. About 2 hours for the on-site interview. First, with HR for company culture, benefits Q&A etc. Technical interview with a panel of peers and project engineers/managers. Overall, a little "overbearing" based on the scope of the individuals involved, yet on par with what should be expected for a professional interview.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Negotiations were fair...though bounded.