PPD Assistant Scientist Interview Questions

Updated Aug 10, 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 56 of over 563 interviews

Employee Referral4%
2.6
HardAverageEasy

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at PPD (Richmond, VA) in Jul 2021

Interview

I was asked typical interview questions and given plenty of space to ask my own. The interview was about an hour long and divided into two parts. Both parts were pretty similar, but with a different higher level employee. Each asked similar questions and had different experiences to offer.

Interview Questions
  • What is your experience with research?
    Answer Question

PPD

Application

I interviewed at PPD

Interview

There were two interviewers, several questions about relevant experience/competence specifically about previous assays. It was not a difficult interview process compared with other pharma interviews, no STAR type questions. There were some general questions about strengths and weaknesses, also where you see yourself in 5 years.

Interview Questions
  • Describe an assay that you were familiar with in a previous job? What would you consider your greatest strength?

Anonymous Employee in Madison, WI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at PPD (Madison, WI) in May 2021

Interview

Straightforward interview process. Applied on a Saturday, got an email to sign up for an HR phone interview that Monday. After that, I provided my availability to meet (virtually, via Zoom) with 2 group leaders from the Biopharmaceuticals team. This took a few weeks to get set up. The first interview was with an associate group leader, the second with a senior group leader. The first interview felt more relaxed and like a conversation about a project I was working on, and we just went back and forth about the project. The second interview was tougher, strictly focused on lab work and experiences there. Both allowed for time for questions. After that the second interviewer brought the laptop around the building for a tour. Received an offer 2 days later

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at PPD (Richmond, VA) in Nov 2020

Interview

I applied and a week later I was contacted via email to schedule a virtual interview the following week. the interview was with 2 people lasting a total of 1 hour

PPD

Application

I interviewed at PPD

Interview

Virtual interview with 4 employees in the department in which I applied for. Interview questions were very straightforward and the interviewers made sure I had a clear understanding of the question being asked before I responded.

Interview Questions
  • Tell me about a time when you were under a tight deadline and how you handled it

PPD

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at PPD

Interview

Interviewers were extremely friendly and answered each one of my questions. The interview itself was fairly straight forward with no unexpected questions. It had standard behavioral and responsive questions. Response questions were in stars format.

Interview Questions
  • Questions about previous lab experience outside of course work.

Anonymous Employee in Middleton, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at PPD (Middleton, WI) in Jul 2020

Interview

The initial phone interview was less than 20 minutes. We briefly reviewed my work experience and academic background. Then finished with details involving the position at PPD, such as salary and benefits. Lastly, we discussed scheduling the 1.5-hour virtual interview.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

PPD

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at PPD

Interview

I first had a brief phone interview with a recruiter. She asked basic questions. Then I had three thirty minute interviews, where I was asked typical interview questions. This was overall a good experience.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

PPD

Application

I interviewed at PPD

Interview

Professional. The experience was straight forward and involved interviewing with several members of the group. A tour was included at the end. Everyone was polite and easy enough to talk to.

Interview Questions
3 people found this interview helpful

PPD

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at PPD

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter and we scheduled a brief phone interview to talk about my previous research experience. He followed up right away with more information about the company and the benefits, and we were in communication to schedule an interview. I interviewed 2 weeks later, and the interview was about an hour and a half. I had three interviewers who were very kind and excited to communicate what the company had to offer. The questions were very behavioral-based and gave an entry-level candidate a lot of room to showcase their hard and soft skills as it related to the position. Overall it was a comforting experience.

Interview Questions
  • Describe a time where you had to come up with a creative solution to a problem and what was the result of that solution?
5 people found this interview helpful