PPG Chemist Interview Questions | Glassdoor

PPG Chemist Interview Questions

2.5

Chemist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at PPG (Cincinnati, OH) in January 2008.

Interview

The hiring process was usual. I got a call from PPG after an on-campus interview. Met with their scientists. Largely it was a positive feedback as my qualifications exactly matched their requirements. After a week, i received a verbal offer stating they would get back to me in another week. However, they backtracked on their earlier decision and rescinded the offer. Their reason was they cannot sponsor my H1B visa after initially stating they would definitely do that. That was very unprofessional and their attitude afterwards was very disappointing and defensive. They also made me give up on another offer which I lost because I declined them thinking I am gonna get an offer from PPG. So much for going through the whole charade and breaking promises. The companies need to realize (especially the HRD) what mental process a candidate goes through and should do homework on the work authorization issues instead of waiting for the last minute.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for PPG

Chemist Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at PPG in September 2010.

Interview

On-campus interview, lasting for half an hour. The interviewer just asked a few behavior questions, like
    "have you ever complaint about your advisor? what was the situtation and how did you handle it?" "what is your strength and weakness"

Interview Questions