PPG Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 6, 2017

2.8

50 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Production Worker Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at PPG in June 2017.

Interview

The intereview process began with a small tour of the oak creek plant. Every department was thoroughly addressed and explained with safety being expressed as the companies main concern as each operation, while ensuring a safe environment, functionality and great products which is paint. Human Resources are very nice and professional in the interview process, making me very comfortable and them be very informative with questions I had of their company. I'm all, on a scale from 1 to 10, with 10 being the best of course, I'd give them that 10. Thanks for inviting me to your company and interview.

Interview Questions

• How would I deal with a team member who did not perform his task properly even after he has been addressed with concerns, only later to give fellow team member attitude, what would be my course of reaction.   Answer Question

PPG Response

Jul 5, 2017 – Director

Thank you for the feedback.

Color Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at PPG (Pittsburgh, PA) in April 2017.

Interview

The initial contacts by HR /emails were consistent . After the interview, I heard nothing for weeks, and emails went ignored ( a simple reply would have been appropriate) and it felt like more of a interview "process" that they were required to do . I was told to cut short part of my presentation short because they "had heard it a million times" and had a lot of other emails and interviews to complete.
    Staff was friendly and laid back, so I was surprised at the lack of consequent follow up, complete disregard for any requested feedback from my interview.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a difficult client that could not make up their mind or did not like your ideas ?   1 Answer

Supply Chain Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at PPG (Pittsburgh, PA) in January 2017.

Interview

Fast and nice, showed around the office in Pittsburgh, nice area to work in. Interview in the PPG building and the interviewers brought all the candidates to lunch. Culture is easy and everyone seems very nice to work with.

Research Chemist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at PPG (Pittsburgh, PA) in November 2016.

Interview

Campus interview followed by a relatively relaxed 2 day interview process. I was asked to give a research talk followed by 1 HR and 2 technical interviews. The questions were primarily behavioral in all interviews. The HR quizzed me on my resume and technical interviewers asked questions such as 'describe a situation when...'. I haven't heard back of the outcome in 1 week so far.

Interview Questions

• Q. How did you handle working in a difficult group?
      Q. What is the achievement you are most proud of in research / outside of research.   Answer Question

Color and Design Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at PPG (Dallas, TX) in November 2016.

Interview

Emails from HR followed by phone interview with HR. Then there were more emails from interviewer. I then send HR photos and materials from my last position so that they could see what I am capable of.

Interview Questions

• How my experience in my prior job lends itself to the job posted.   Answer Question

Inter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at PPG (New York, NY).

Interview

attending the PSU supply chain career fair. I spoke with recruiters at the booth and was invited to do an on campus interview the following day. Behavioral based questions asked.

Regional Stores Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at PPG in October 2016.

Interview

applied online, contacted by recruiter, call with recruiter, then supposed to be a call with territory manager. Territory manager (TM) reached out to schedule via email with less than 24 hour notice for when he would be available. I already was booked and offered up additional days and times as the TM had stated that if I was unavailable they could make something work. I never heard back. When I tried to follow up with the TM, I did not get a reply. When I tried to follow up with recruiter, I was asked if I reached out to TM again and I responded "no." A few hours later I received a rejection email. I did not feel that this was the culture of the company after being told I had so much talent and they were very interested in me.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at PPG (Pittsburgh, PA) in October 2016.

Interview

Initial interview from college career fair. Then was called to have an all day interview at there main building. The day started with a logic test. Then two interviews with people from different departments with all behavioral questions. Then lunch with previous interns that now work full time. Then a final interview with more behavioral questions.

Interview Questions

• What have you done to make a impact or took a initiative on your own.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

Interview

Submitted the application on company's website and got selected from on-campus interview. Asked behavioral questions. Got selected for second round of interview at headquarters. Had to take a written multiple choice test. Had one-on-one interview with five C level executives(including HR). Interview was fine, but got exhausted at the end of day because of everyone asked same type of behavioral questions.

Interview Questions

• Behavioral questions. Work and class project experience. Least and most favorite subject? Why did you choose your college?   Answer Question

PhD Professional Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at PPG.

Interview

On campus interview, organized through University career service. 1 on 1 interview that lasted 45 minutes, was asked a series of questions that were read to me from a page.