PPG Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.6

182 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Territory Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fountain, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at PPG (Fountain, CO) in November 2017.

Interview

Spoke with HR hiring person. Process was quick and easy. 3 Step process. Talked to HR hiring, then regional sale manager for Home Depot in person, then National sales manager. My resume' is why they choose to talk to me.

Distribution Clerk Interview

Anonymous Employee in Springdale, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at PPG (Springdale, PA) in November 2017.

Interview

This was the best interview that I have been through. All interviewers that I spoke with were very informed of the specifics of the position. The questions that were asked were precise and clear.

Interview Questions

• How do I feel about working in an open office / team environment?   Answer Question

Process Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at PPG (Pittsburgh, PA) in October 2017.

Interview

Met with various roles within the organization (HR, R&D, Engineer, Hiring Manager). PPG interviews under a corporate SMART questioning process and analysis. As long as you have relevant experience and can describe your experience using real examples and situations everything will be fine.

Interview Questions

• Describe your largest achievement. What, when, how, why?   Answer Question
    • Describe a time where you and another coworker or manager did not see eye to eye. What was the situation and how was it resolved?   Answer Question
    • What are your best strengths and weaknesses?   Answer Question
    • What are your hobbies outside of work?   Answer Question
    • What about this position appeals to you, how do you see this position playing into your future? Where do you see yourself in five years?   Answer Question

Production Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at PPG.

Interview

Hired through a temp service. After 3 months, was given a series of tests and then a background and drug test. Once hired, fitted for uniforms and then sent to production for a week to train.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wilmington, NC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at PPG (Wilmington, NC) in October 2017.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter for an interview in which they asked me multiple situation type interview questions, I was then set up with a face to face interview in which the store manager didn’t even show up to. The assistant manager took my resume and said I was a perfect match and that he would have the manager contact me..I never heard a word after that. Very unprofessional.

R&D Materials Engineer I Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sylmar, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at PPG (Sylmar, CA) in October 2017.

Interview

A recruiter contacted me first and few days later the hiring manager called for a telephone interview. Two months later went for an interview in the division headquarters and one month later went for an interview at the plant and two weeks later got the offer.

MBA Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in State College, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at PPG (State College, PA) in October 2017.

Interview

Two 30 minutes interviews back to back. Each interview was done by two people, one from HR and the other 3 from the marketing department. Interview was done after 2 info sessions were held on campus.

Interview Questions

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at PPG.

Interview

Interviewed with the National Sales Manager, then spoke with a person from HR a couple days later about my previous employer. Couple days later the National sales manager called me and made me an offer! They employ another firm to do the background and drug screening. As long as you are on top of all the emails and do things in a timely manner it's pretty seamless. So in closing,.... so far so good! :-)

Interview Questions

• It was more of a conversation then actual interview questions.   Answer Question

FLD Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at PPG (Pittsburgh, PA).

Interview

Applied online, phone screen with simple behavioral questions. Interview at headquarters in Pittsburgh. Start with coffee with a full-time FLD, then 3 one hour behavioral interviews followed by lunch with another full-time FLD.

Research Scientist Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at PPG in September 2017.

Interview

Emailed my resume to a recruiter who was coming for on-campus recruiting, and got invited for an interview on campus. Three interviewers, two of them more technical than the other. For the interview, they first asked some general behavioral questions. Then I gave a research talk and we had technical discussions throughout the talk.

Interview Questions

• Tell us something you are proud of outside of your research.   Answer Question
    • Tell us about a colleague that was hard to work with, and how did you deal with it.   Answer Question