PPG Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 13, 2017

2.6

Warehouse Worker Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at PPG (New York, NY).

Interview

it was okay I dont remember much about it. the people were nice and it required a physical to be completed and it looks at everything.
    you have to be cleared by their nurse before you can start work

Research Scientist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at PPG (Pittsburgh, PA) in November 2016.

Interview

On site interview for two days. One day is mostly panel discussion with the people in the company and facility tour. The company also provided a boat tour at night. Had a great time talking to R&D directors on the boat. The other day includes a presentation followed by one HR interview and two panel interviews. Most of them are behavior questions.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time when you had a difficulty in your collaboration   Answer Question

Research Chemist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at PPG (Pittsburgh, PA) in November 2016.

Interview

Campus interview followed by a relatively relaxed 2 day interview process. I was asked to give a research talk followed by 1 HR and 2 technical interviews. The questions were primarily behavioral in all interviews. The HR quizzed me on my resume and technical interviewers asked questions such as 'describe a situation when...'. I haven't heard back of the outcome in 1 week so far.

Interview Questions

• Q. How did you handle working in a difficult group?
      Q. What is the achievement you are most proud of in research / outside of research.   Answer Question

Color and Design Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at PPG (Dallas, TX) in November 2016.

Interview

Emails from HR followed by phone interview with HR. Then there were more emails from interviewer. I then send HR photos and materials from my last position so that they could see what I am capable of.

Interview Questions

• How my experience in my prior job lends itself to the job posted.   Answer Question

FLD Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at PPG.

Interview

The first interview is an on campus interview with behavioral questions. The second interview is in Pittsburgh. The interview is with 4-5 people each lasting an hour. Then they take you to lunch after the interviews are over. All questions are behaviorial type questions or conversations.

Inter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at PPG (New York, NY).

Interview

attending the PSU supply chain career fair. I spoke with recruiters at the booth and was invited to do an on campus interview the following day. Behavioral based questions asked.

PhD Graduate Student Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at PPG (New York, NY).

Interview

Interviewed on campus (5 recruiter panel), basic research overview and behavioral questions. Three weeks later called back for on-site interview, which consisted of 45 min research talk and three additional panel interviews. All interviewers were very friendly and informal.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about one of your proudest moments outside of science.   Answer Question

Regional Stores Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at PPG in October 2016.

Interview

applied online, contacted by recruiter, call with recruiter, then supposed to be a call with territory manager. Territory manager (TM) reached out to schedule via email with less than 24 hour notice for when he would be available. I already was booked and offered up additional days and times as the TM had stated that if I was unavailable they could make something work. I never heard back. When I tried to follow up with the TM, I did not get a reply. When I tried to follow up with recruiter, I was asked if I reached out to TM again and I responded "no." A few hours later I received a rejection email. I did not feel that this was the culture of the company after being told I had so much talent and they were very interested in me.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at PPG (Pittsburgh, PA) in October 2016.

Interview

Initial interview from college career fair. Then was called to have an all day interview at there main building. The day started with a logic test. Then two interviews with people from different departments with all behavioral questions. Then lunch with previous interns that now work full time. Then a final interview with more behavioral questions.

Interview Questions

• What have you done to make a impact or took a initiative on your own.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

Interview

Submitted the application on company's website and got selected from on-campus interview. Asked behavioral questions. Got selected for second round of interview at headquarters. Had to take a written multiple choice test. Had one-on-one interview with five C level executives(including HR). Interview was fine, but got exhausted at the end of day because of everyone asked same type of behavioral questions.

Interview Questions

• Behavioral questions. Work and class project experience. Least and most favorite subject? Why did you choose your college?   Answer Question