PPG Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 11, 2017

2.6

Director of Conference Calls Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Calif Hot Spg, CA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at PPG (Calif Hot Spg, CA) in June 2016.

Interview

Prove to interviewer that I knew how to run and set up a con call. Know Outlook invite process. Be able to take a one sentence topic and develop into a days agenda. Set up follow-up calls. Show strategic vision.

Analytical Chemist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Allison Park, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at PPG (Allison Park, PA) in June 2016.

Interview

Take about 2 or 3 weeks to get back to me for onsite interview. The onsite interview is pretty intense from 8 am to 3pm. Starting with own research presentation, then five individual talks very intense almost none stop. Take me for a tour of their facility immediately after lunch. People are friendly, however did not get the offer. Informed about not being hired about a month after the onsite. Nice experience

ADM Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at PPG (Houston, TX).

Interview

Very easy interview process. I came from SW so I had a head up above everyone. They asked me company info and since I did my homework I impressed the manager. They now require a group interview. Unlike SW they want more sales people. You can be effective at this company without really having industry experience as long as you can sell and close deals

Interview Questions

• What do you know about PPG?   1 Answer

Territory Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at PPG (Pittsburgh, PA) in April 2016.

Interview

Horrible, the interviewer didn't even look at my resume to see I was a sales executive over 40 years old.....they were looking for a kid to sit at Lowe's and introduce customers to their line of paints....and to work weekends and evenings, and get 50 hrs a week for about $35K....WOW...what a waste of time.

Interview Questions

• DID I know their line of paints.....   1 Answer

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lombard, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at PPG (Lombard, IL) in April 2016.

Interview

Walked into the office only to find a packed room of individuals waiting their turn to be called. It was so packed you were lucky to get a seat. The place was rather dirty - it looked like the office was staged with cheap tables and chairs giving you the impression they were there temporarily. Once my interview began, the gal kept responding with COOL-how unprofessional! The position I applied for was Account Manager and the job they were advertising was not account management. They were looking for someone to go into the Home Depot to promote their kitchens and bath. They basically wanted you to go strolling throughout the store, tap on peoples shoulders and let them know custom kitchen and bath services were available. After spending a few minutes in the room, I walked out, not the job for me. Don't bother wasting your time, you can do better.

Lab Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oak Creek, WI

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a week. I interviewed at PPG (Oak Creek, WI) in April 2016.

Interview

Two people where in the room interviewing me. It was informal, conversational. It was mostly them talking about the job description, the hours, training and the company. I guess they just wanted to know me, they asked about my previous experience. At the end, they gave me a tour of the plant and the lab area.

Safety Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at PPG (Pittsburgh, PA) in April 2016.

Interview

Two phone interviews that lasted around 30 minutes or so, asking about education and job experience. it wasnt that difficult and I did really well as I have many years experience at my position.Then I went and met the hiring manager for lunch to meet in person that went well too.

Interview Questions

• Nothing substantailly difficult, just what your weaknesses are is always tough   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at PPG.

Interview

Passed online test and received call for interview. Took another computer test and then interviewed with 3 people two who were HR people one was a supervisor. Then met with HR assistant who gave a company tour. After the tour we were told we would receive a call if offered the job.

CDP Trainee Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at PPG.

Interview

Hiring process was relatively quick. took about 1-2 weeks. Had a phone interview which was very conversational and then had an in person interview with the Store group manager which was at one of the ppg stores and that basically was a conversation. When I left I had to ask if the position was real or not but it, in fact, was.

Interview Questions

• Asked me about my history and from there it was mostly a conversation about sports. They like competetive people so if you are sports minded you will be fine.   Answer Question

Territory Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at PPG (Philadelphia, PA) in February 2016.

Interview

First there was a brief phone screen to go over qualifications. Next two parts in person. Both simple interviews. Two individuals asked questions related to sales. Nothing out of the ordinary at all.

Interview Questions

• Do you cater towards your large customers more then your smaller ones?   1 Answer