PPG Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

PPG Manager Interview Questions

Manager Interview

Interview

The interview process is simple and pretty quick, they require a hair follicle drug screen which is a little different... But no complaints otherwise.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation, but the company is very willing to negotiate salary and vacation to acquire talent.

Other Interview Reviews for PPG

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at PPG (Pittsburgh, PA) in December 2009.

Interview

I met with hiring manager and then with eight others, including his boss and his boss' VP. Half in Pittsburgh and the rest in Louisville, KY. Interviews each lasted about 1 hour and varied by person in terms of style and questions asked. Each person represented a different area of responsibility within the business unit. Everyone was gracious and very professional. Overall the process was extremely thourough in terms of providing me a fairly broad understanding of the position and the associated responsibilities. It was clear that within PPG there is a desire to build a "bench" of high-potential middle managers that are promotable, and that there is a bias in favor of outside candidates for these types of roles.

Interview Questions

• "Are you willing to roll up your sleeves and do some of the [more menial] work yourself?"   1 Answer

Pay was not commensurate with anticipated compensation, roughly $30K less than what a key competitor pays for comparable position. (Very likely reason they are not able to attract/retain high-potential candidates at the middle management level.)

Manager Interview

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at PPG in March 2009.

Interview

internal interview

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you encountered difficulties in a team.   Answer Question