PPG Store Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 28, 2017

2.6

5 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at PPG.

Interview

In-person interviews were offered on campus for interested candidates. Interviewer was a great guy and we ended up talking 20 minutes past our time just about life. Experienced issues with follow up interview due to an apparent change in regional management, which was frustrating but understandable. Eventually, was given a phone interview with new guy and he was very professional and energetic.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for PPG

Anonymous Employee in Conway, AR

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at PPG (Conway, AR) in October 2013.

Interview

Online application first. Then your get a phone interview with a recruiter. Then you go to the actual training center which is usually a store. You interview with your SGM and then if you pass that, you go through a drug screen and background check.

Interview Questions

• Typical questions. Why are you best for job? Who is your hero?   1 Answer

Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at PPG.

Interview

Be positive of your experinces. Prove your are eager to learn , cooperative, that your a self starter, that you embrace change and new polities or technologies, that your curious, professional, and you follow guidlines and would blow a whistle in a heartbeat if someone else failed to follow the rules.

Interview Questions

• When is a time your had to implement a policy you did not agree with. What was your challanges.   1 Answer

Negotiation

They gave me an offer, I asked for more, they said no.

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at PPG (Houston, TX) in February 2013.

Interview

Standard interview, make sure you ask well thought out questions at the end of the interview. If you don't, forget about getting the job. They will call you, and phone screen you first, then you will go in to one of the local stores for the interview in person. I was called by HR that I got the job not long after the in person interview.

Anonymous Employee in Knoxville, TN

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at PPG (Knoxville, TN) in August 2011.

Interview

I found the Store Manager position as a "CDP Trainee" aka: Store management program. I found who was in charge of interviewing for that store and sent emails to that person. The person was very responsive and helpful, we set up a phone interview. During phone interview, the interviewer was very honest about the job although, I did not ask the right questions. The person did not explain how many hours he required his managers to work. I was flown out to have an in-person interview and was offered the job approximately one week later.

Interview Questions

• After visiting the store I would eventually take over, I was asked; "So, how would you turn that store around?".   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was no negotiation really, it was a take it or leave it offer. Looking back now, I should have negotiated a higher pay.