PR Newswire Interview Questions | Glassdoor

PR Newswire Interview Questions

3.2

Anonymous Employee in Albuquerque, NM

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at PR Newswire (Albuquerque, NM) in May 2016.

Interview

The interview process started by phone, when a outside recruiter called me the day after I applied for the position. She asked basic questions about my work history, and my general knowledge about the company. Then I was asked to come in for a face to face interview with 3 interviewers. They all asked me their own behavioral based questions. Then I passed that interview and was called back the day day to come in for second interview with a more higher up manager. This interview was more relaxed, and he asked me more about my work history as opposed to how i would respond towards behavioral type questions. I got a call that same day with a job off and I started working 2 weeks later. Over all the process was quick and efficient.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time that you went above and beyond to give a customer a positive experience.

What are a few of your strengths and weaknesses>
      Answer Question

Sales Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at PR Newswire in March 2016.

Interview

In depth phone screen with a recruiter. Following that F2F with Sales Leader and conversations with peers. Possible flight and travel to arrange last steps before an offer. Salary negotiation. Words.

Interview Questions

• Heavy emphasis on willingness to travel. Not able to disclose salary.   Answer Question

Consumer Content Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at PR Newswire (Cleveland, OH) in October 2015.

Interview

I briefly interviewed with one woman over the phone from a hiring agency. If you pick up, she'll just start screening you so let her leave a voicemail if you want a little bit more prep time. She seemed like she wanted to help. She then scheduled me for another interview and I went into the Cleveland office. They have you take a grammar test when you arrive so get there early. The interview was perfectly fine but the position seemed a little intense. Overtime 4 times a year and some holidays. It wasn't a right fit for me.

Interview Questions

• Behavioral questions. Tell me about a time that you dealt with a difficult customer. Tell me what you know about our company.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at PR Newswire (Washington, DC) in September 2015.

Interview

I had a phone screen, and then did my interview over Skype a week later. I met with the director and two team leads. I came in for an office interview 2 weeks later, and met other content specialist and I took a test.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There was no negotiation. They are firm on base pay for customer content specialists. You move up to make more.

Customer Content Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at PR Newswire.

Interview

After a brief and friendly phone interview, I was invited to a face to face interview. The recruiter emailed me several brochures and powerpoints about the company, interview tips and career guidance. It was all very formal and professional. I studied, did the research and was very prepared and well dressed. Imagine my surprise when I arrived and was interviewed by two 22 year olds in their hoodies and jeans. The interview lasted over an hour and a half and was soooo repetitive. I imagine they do that on purpose to see if you can handle the repetitiveness of the job. It was grueling and boring. It was also insightful by showing myself that I cannot tolerate the youngsters, the call center work, or the unprofessional company that they represent.

Interview Questions

• They asked me questions about customer service skills. How I handle mad customers, How I handle stress, the usual behavior based questions.   Answer Question

Audience Researcher Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jersey City, NJ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at PR Newswire (Jersey City, NJ) in March 2015.

Interview

We started the interview just by discussing my life and then I was asked questions about how my qualifications fit with the role. I felt like it was helpful that I asked a lot of questions as well. The interviewer was very welcoming.

Editor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at PR Newswire (New York, NY) in February 2015.

Interview

I interviewed with the lead post production supervisor. He was very nice and gave a pretty thorough explanation of the duties required, necessary programs used, the different departments, etc. Thought it was pretty good overall.

Interview Questions

• I was asked about the editing programs I'm familiar with.   1 Answer

Sales Support Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at PR Newswire (Cleveland, OH) in December 2014.

Interview

I had a great interview on the phone and then the physical interview was horrid! I have a masters degree and I do not think the high end boss liked it as I checked his linked in and he had a similar degree! There were three people and the high end boss dominated the whole interview! He was very demeaning and disrespectful and tore my experience and education apart. Why even interview me? Obviously either he was using my resume to set an example or he just skims them. I have an excellent job and a great position! Thanks high end boss you did me a favor! Never would I have worked one day for you. Plus the people they hire there for support positions you are lucky they have a degree let alone like my Masters!

Typesetting Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at PR Newswire (New York, NY) in December 2014.

Interview

I was interviewed by three different departments all in an afternoon. It seemed that they had already decided on hiring me even before the interview was over. Their questions were minimal.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work in an area which is not creative?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I was paid at the highest rate, so I didn't negotiate about salary, but did question benefits, bonuses, and raises.

Web Support Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at PR Newswire in September 2014.

Interview

Recruiting company for them contacted me, set up an appointment with the hiring manager. Had a meeting with his team, 2 of the team members were unprofessional as they come. One of them was checking their twitter on their phone and the other was asking me questions about skills I didn't list. The manager went over the the duties again and tried to remain professional, but I was pretty much fed up at that point to even bother waiting to hear back from them.