PR Newswire Interview Questions | Glassdoor

3.1

Sort:

Client Services Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at PR Newswire (Denver, CO) in February 2014.

Interview

The interview process started with the requirement of answering several questions in video. I then had a phone interview with the hiring manager then was called in for a group interview with 3 peers. The final interview included a peer from the previous round, the hiring manager, and a person from HR. Throughout the process, I was told that there were no internal candidates and the prospect of getting hired seemed very promising and I turned down another better offer because of it. In the end, I was not offered the job only to find out they did hire internally.

Interview Questions

• The most difficult question was to explain a situation where I had a conflict with a subordinate.   Answer Question

Assistant Editor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at PR Newswire.

Interview

Had 3 interviews, on three different days. Each at increasing seniority level and they were thorough albeit we kept getting interrupted. No phone interviews. All were in person. Once I was called for an interview, the process was really quick. I would get called in the evening to come in the next day and it didn't seem flexible at all. Once final interview was done, I was on the job in two weeks.

Interview Questions

• One member gave a question regarding a fast a food chain. He asked why I thought the cashier offered me fries with my burger each time I ordered. What was the cashiers motivation for doing that.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation. Just a spell out of terms and then a start date

Account Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at PR Newswire (New York, NY) in January 2012.

Interview

Call with recruiter that had questions regarding my background and skill set, tthen a couple of other calls with hiring manager to learn more about position and day-to-day activities, expectations, etc...and ultimately an in-person interview with presentation on a territory plan

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at PR Newswire (Cleveland, OH) in February 2013.

Interview

HORRENDOUS. They use an outside recruiting agency (Wilson Human Capital Group) that attempts to prep you for the face to face. They requested that I completely revamp my resume in a specific format and plain times roman font as the manager was very particular. They forewarned me that the interviewer could be eccentric/difficult. They specifically requested that I prepare a digital sales presentation to deliver at the interview, that I arrive early and that I be in a dark professional business suit. Finally, after 8 weeks and 4 pre-interviews, I made it to face to face. Interviewer was late, dressed very casually in brown corduroys, sweater and orange clogs. She was very demeaning. I delivered the presentation on an iPad that I worked on diligently. I also had the proposal in color print hard copy and professionally bound. I was highly criticized. The interviewer said that I "misunderstood" the directions...that I was supposed to sell her on PR Newswire. Later, at home I double checked my email. Indeed, I was specifically asked to prepare a sales presentation. Think about who your managers are talking to. For a PR Company to have a manager this unprofessional is concerning. At the very least, she could have offered to cover my parking. Very lengthy, humiliating and disappointing interview process. Silver linings: I invested in a great Ann Taylor suit! Hallelujah that I will never work for PR Newswire!

Interview Questions

• 1.) "I don't need your resume...I am just going to throw it in the garbage anyway". 2.) "Great...you want water...now I have to find a cup" 3.) "I struck out today with all 3 Cleveland candidates today...now I have to come back to Cleveland" 4.) Let's wrap this up...my flight back to Charlotte leaves at 6pm".   1 Answer

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at PR Newswire (Cleveland, OH) in May 2011.

Interview

Interview Process is tedious, and you may find yourself interviewing with an intern or unqualified person of management who does not know how to hold a proper interview. If you are not a cute, young female, do not even attempt to apply here, for you will not get through the door. Show your interest in public relations, and study competitor companies like PR Web and BW to have an understanding of the industry.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle an irate customer calling at 5:55 pm at the end of the day that is arguing about pricing and an inaccurate invoice?   1 Answer

Account Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at PR Newswire.

Interview

Detailed and honest introductory pre-interview discussions. Multiple real-world situations to prepare for and present on (for a field rep position). Lengthy process but worth it - weeds out a lot.

Negotiation

I was not able to negotiate - base level was fixed and it was above fair vs. other employers.

Sales Support Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at PR Newswire (Cleveland, OH) in December 2014.

Interview

I had a great interview on the phone and then the physical interview was horrid! I have a masters degree and I do not think the high end boss liked it as I checked his linked in and he had a similar degree! There were three people and the high end boss dominated the whole interview! He was very demeaning and disrespectful and tore my experience and education apart. Why even interview me? Obviously either he was using my resume to set an example or he just skims them. I have an excellent job and a great position! Thanks high end boss you did me a favor! Never would I have worked one day for you. Plus the people they hire there for support positions you are lucky they have a degree let alone like my Masters!

Sales Interview

Application

The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at PR Newswire in March 2009.

Interview

Ok where do I begin? PR Newswire uses Accolo to do the first interview. Talked to person who did an hour phone interview. After initial phone interview I was scheduled to do a phone interview with vp of sales at PR. In general the Accolo interview was specifically about skills and the 2nd interview was about performance and experience. After my 2nd interview I was asked to do a 3rd interview (phone). This interview is a group interview with questions about techniques, real life scenarios, past experiences and problem solving scenarios. All 3 phone interviews lasted an hour each and I was told I would be notified.
    I asked a lot of questions about the culture of the company and from what they told me it seems like a stable company that went through reorganization pains a couple of years ago and is now growing strong.

Interview Questions

• They would ask questions like what are your weaknesses and how would you improve them   1 Answer

Sales Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at PR Newswire in March 2016.

Interview

In depth phone screen with a recruiter. Following that F2F with Sales Leader and conversations with peers. Possible flight and travel to arrange last steps before an offer. Salary negotiation. Words.

Interview Questions

• Heavy emphasis on willingness to travel. Not able to disclose salary.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at PR Newswire (New York, NY) in May 2014.

Interview

Long process. Begins with a couple phone interviews then in-person interviews. Probably 4+ interviews on average. For sales roles, be prepared for role play interviews. Also, PRN isn't afraid to invest in someone that doesn't have 100% experience in everything, but be prepared to have answers for any gaps in your experiences for any job requirements. Personality connections are very important, as sales is a relationship business.

Interview Questions

• How do you work along with others and how would you build your credibility within the organization?   Answer Question