PRA Group Account Representative Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 22, 2017

2.3

14 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Hampton, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at PRA Group (Hampton, VA).

Interview

The questions are super basic interview questions. I knew i was getting the job at the interview because my interviewer told me. Come dressed for success. Understand this is debt collection so you want to appear persuasive and able to negotiate. Prior call center experience is good but not needed. I never worked in a call center before this.

Interview Questions

• Explain to me a time where you had to negotiate? (work or non work related)   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for PRA Group

Anonymous Employee in Hampton, VA

Application

The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at PRA Group (Hampton, VA).

Interview

The interview process was 2 part and it began with me sitting down with a recruiter (this was an open house with walk-ins encouraged) and then after my discussion with them I made it to part 2 which was a series of tests on my ability to use a desktop computer.

Anonymous Employee in Birmingham, AL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at PRA Group (Birmingham, AL) in October 2016.

Interview

Applied for position Oct 21/16. Got an email for a phone interview 10/24/16. Had in person interview with manager 10/27/16 and got the job about an hour and a half later that day.

Interview Questions

• Describe a personal goal you set for yourself and how did you achieve it?   1 Answer
    • Describe a time you went above and beyond for a customer without breaking policy?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Hampton, VA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at PRA Group (Hampton, VA).

Interview

Quick, general questions, sometimes more than 1 interview, with operations managers vs human resources, pre judged by appearance, no structure, long wait time, sometimes forget they are scheduled for interviews, very messy and unprofessional.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a customer that is refusing payment arrangements.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Outside new hires have the ability to negotiate based on experience

Anonymous Employee in Memphis, TN

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at PRA Group (Memphis, TN) in April 2016.

Interview

Testing, interview with HR, interview with department manager. They said they would get back with me if they had an offer. They called me within two days. It was a brief and pleasant interview with two department managers.

Account Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at PRA Group.

Interview

Applied online and then a phone interview about the position. The recruiter scheduled an appointment to do the phone interview and then forgot about the appointment. Called me back at the end of the day and left a message wanting to reschedule. After the phone interview I had to go to a open house for the job. It was basically a presentation about the company. Then I was scheduled for a interview at the job site. Again the interview was normal. They wanted me to do a online test...however the system was down.

Interview Questions

• The questions interview are scripted and pretty standard.   Answer Question

The company made me a offer however it was significantly less than what was discussed throughout the (lengthy) process so I had to decline it.

Anonymous Employee in Birmingham, AL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at PRA Group (Birmingham, AL) in September 2014.

Interview

meet with operations manager and answer typical interview questions. if selected you will receive a call from hiring recruiter to further the process and make offer. If you accept the offer, they send you to take drug test & ask what schedule you are seeking to fit your personal needs. training started 2 weeks later

Interview Questions

• how do you feel when a customer is outraged and upset?   1 Answer

Negotiation

i didnt negotiate. I was satisfied with offer and considering the fact there is uncapped bonuses.

Anonymous Employee in Birmingham, AL

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at PRA Group (Birmingham, AL) in August 2014.

Interview

The interview process went great.I actually gained some important knowledge. The manager that interviewed me was very professional and straight to the point. She also made me very comfortable versus being nervous. One thing I do recommend is that you take your time and don't be nervous while they are conducting your interview. Even if you've never been a debt collector before act confident because they will roll play with you.

Account Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at PRA Group.

Interview

Go to an open house session , take test on the computer with the code i think it is using kenexa software it is a skills test and typing test , phone interview , and then in person interview , accept offer or dny offer on the internet, drug test and background screening. training and then you hit the floor.... they start at $ 9 to $ 12 base pay

Interview Questions

Negotiation

didnt negotiate but should have due to stress of the job

Anonymous Employee in Norfolk, VA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at PRA Group (Norfolk, VA) in January 2014.

Interview

Quick and easy. They do pull your CBR and will ask about your credit history. They ask for a scenario where something complicated happened and what you did to over come it. Come prepared with a story to tell.