PRA Health Sciences Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 22, 2017

2.6

Clinical Research Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Blue Bell, PA

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at PRA Health Sciences (Blue Bell, PA) in July 2017.

Interview

One over the phone interview (under 30 minutes) with an HR recruiter, then an in person interview with 2 managers. I was given an offer the day after my in person meeting, and final negotiations with HR were completed within 6 business days.

Interview Questions

• How do I typically manage my workflow?   1 Answer

Site ID Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at PRA Health Sciences (Raleigh, NC) in June 2017.

Interview

This was a initial phone screen with a HR representative within the organization. To start, the rep was late to the call, about 6 minutes late. The representative stated at the start of the call that they would have to rush through the process due to the call starting late. Over the course of the call, I was either cut off or interrupted repeatedly and practically rushed throughout the process. After about 5 minutes in to the call, I had already made up in my mind this position is a no go and wouldn't want to progress through interview process if selected as a candidate. The most disturbing part of the call was at one point, the HR representative stated that they were concerned with my interest overall in the CRO industry and my eagerness to learn as much as possible in regards to different roles and jobs the industry. She indicated my ambition and interest can come across as being indecisive and sporadic, which would make employers shy away from bringing me on.

Though, this may be the case for those who work a few months or under a year for mulitple companies and organizations, had she really read my resume, she would have seen the significant amount of time spent at my previous employers and that each move demonstrated my progression and evolution of my professional development and not interrupted as wanting to jump from job to job within the CRO industry.

Interview Questions

• What leads you to seek opportunities outside your current employer?   1 Answer

Senior CRA Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at PRA Health Sciences (New York, NY) in June 2017.

Interview

it was pretty fast. Phone screen and final interview. I applied online and was contacted 3 days later by a recruiter and he did a phone screen where he asked me multiple questions about my experience and why i was looking for a new job. he turned in my resume and few days later set me up for a final 2 hours interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your experience? How did you handle a PI who was hard to work with? years experience in your therapeutic areas? what skills do i have and how will i use it to contribute? how many percent travel will i be comfortable with? What will be my ideal pay?   1 Answer

IHCRA Interview

Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at PRA Health Sciences (Raleigh, NC) in March 2017.

Interview

Brief (under 15 min) phone screen first to get to the next interview face-to-face process. They were eager to hire someone soon to fill position, so the process was quicker than the usual 2-3 wk. hiring process elsewhere.

Interview Questions

• Why are you looking for a full-time perm position now vs. contract?   Answer Question

In-House Clinical Research Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlottesville, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at PRA Health Sciences (Charlottesville, VA) in February 2017.

Interview

Quick Summary: Long, and Disorganized interview process at PRA (Charlottesville, VA) very evident; OP admitted trouble with retention of new talent as well.

Recruiter referral to the position at Charlottesville, VA. Went through 2 phone screens, 30 mins a piece in January. Did not hear back about the status at the deadlines promised by the hiring team (I brushed it off, but it happened twice in a row).

Out of the blue in February, was called for an in-person interview (2:1) to be scheduled less than 24 hours out. Interview itself was fine, professional and courteous staff. Behavioral-style questions and a few questions about the resume.

What they offered: 40K salary, 20 days PTO (*no rollover*), *no sick pay*, 401K matching after 6 months of work, and you can't work for a competitor for at least 2 years if hired (OP retention of talent concern).

No offer. Was told I wasn't a good fit for the company.

N.B. I scrolled through Glassdoor and I have realized there is a consensus that this company has a disorganized interview process. Won't be buying stock from them anytime soon.

Project Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at PRA Health Sciences (Raleigh, NC).

Interview

I applied on the PRA website and got an email from HR a days later. We set up a time to talk and it was very brief and basically a call to set up the interview process. I was told I would talk with the hiring manager and did so within the next few days via phone. This was more of the background type questions and a few behavioral. The next day I was asked to provide times for a face to face interview. I was given less than 24 hours notice of my interview slot, which was different than what I sent as my availability, and had lengthy paperwork to fill out. Face to face interviews were two hours with three rounds first round I met with hiring manager again and he seemed less than happy to be there. Not very engaged, monotone voice and over all I would describe him as blah. Next I had a phone interview with the first managers counterpart. This interview felt like I was competing against the manager he interrupted me throughout my process, had me problem solve his way, argued at me which I didn't argue back. Right then I knew this wouldn't be for me, however I had the final round. Two less analyst came in and they were bubbly and very pleasant. However, they noted you could work until midnight and still never have your work done.

Overall I was not impressed. I felt disrespected and as though my time was wasted.

Interview Questions

• Revenue vs net income
      Quarters questions
      Sales vs customer question
      Behavioral
      Largest expense for company? -payroll   Answer Question

I don't think the company is bad, I hear great things. However, this department did not match what I said I was looking for.

Study Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Blue Bell, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at PRA Health Sciences (Blue Bell, PA).

Interview

I applied online, knew someone who previously worked there. I had a phone screen with HR, who told me how much the group loved my resume and how perfect I was for the position. An in-person interview was set up with 4+ people, they didn't even confirm the date with me before giving it to me. Out of the blue they asked for a phone screen with the department. Next day I was told I wasn't a good fit for the position and my resume wasn't strong enough. A prior colleague also had a disorganized interview process with PRA in a different state.

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at PRA Health Sciences.

Interview

Professional interview. Went as expected. One of the interviewers talked a lot so I don't feel I got to talk much about my experiences. Took longer than expected. Scheduled for an hour but took two. Panel interview with directors and departmental heads.

Recruiter Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at PRA Health Sciences.

Interview

The interviews were very typical and no strange or unpredictable questions were asked. If you are prepared for a behavioral based interview, you will do fine.

Writer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at PRA Health Sciences (Raleigh, NC) in December 2016.

Interview

The interview process is rigorous, as the management obviously care a great deal about the quality and fit of the team members they hire. They had four steps: company recruiter phone interview, supervisor phone interview, management on-site interview and a final on-site interview with the writing team. Also required submitting writing samples and completing timed writing assignments, pretty typical for the industry. They have the best hiring process and people I have worked with as an applicant. The recruiters are assigned to specific departments, know how they function and have more knowledge about the role they are hiring for than most I have spoken to at other companies. This makes the initial phone interview, not a somewhat wasted 10-minute screening call to run through your resume, but a real conversation about the role and your fit for it. They also called to deliver the disappointing news of not receiving an offer and provided feedback from the interviewers, which is much more helpful and respectful than the form email or perpetual silence that has become the standard in talent acquisition.

Interview Questions

• How do you handle missing a deadline, unresponsive team members, and stress?   1 Answer