PRA Health Sciences Research Support Coordinator Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Find jobs for Research Support Coordinator

PRA Health Sciences Research Support Coordinator Interview Questions

Research Support Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at PRA Health Sciences (Raleigh, NC) in July 2011.

Interview

Upon first submitting my application a few days later I had a brief conversation with a phone interviewer outlining my resume and hammering out my basic info, and vice versa for the company. A second phone interview was less of an interview and more of a scheduling for an on-site interview, though there were some more basic questions asked. The on-site interview was in Raleigh in the afternoon, which I drove to from nearby. It said the process would "take all day" but it was only about 2 hours long. I had a pair of one-on-one interviews there, and both interviewers basically asked the same questions, none of which were out of the norm.
Interestingly, the best candidates for the "Research Support Coordinator" are people that haven't done much research. They pretty much implied that even though I had a lot of experience, this wasn't a wet lab, and so I wouldn't be a good fit. Unless the interviewers and fellow interviewees that I chatted with beforehand were all lying to me, it seems like PRA duped a lot of applicants when they posted openings for this position. While nice and friendly, they don't seem to be very good at marketing themselves. So basically, if you've done a lot of independent research, don't even bother because they don't want you!

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for PRA Health Sciences

Research Support Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at PRA Health Sciences (Raleigh, NC) in December 2011.

Interview

I met with two interviewers, and the interviews lasted for 30 minutes each. Questions were read from an interview packet. Examples of questions included: Have you ever received recognition for doing an above average job in school/work? Is there anything you do not like about your current job? What strengths do you have that you have not yet told us about? How have you taken initiative to make the most of opportunities presented to you in life? I did not feel a lot of pressure in the interview because they were trying to hire 50 people and there was not a lot of competition. Interviewers seems more interested in asking questions than answering questions about the company and environment. I had to find current employees on linkedin in order to get more questions answered.

Interview Questions

• In what ways have you been recognized for exceeding expectations in work/school?   Answer Question
    • What are additional strengths/talents you possess you have not yet told us about?   Answer Question

Negotiation

They were not at all open to negotiation since the position starts as part of a defined training program. Considering the training opportunity and how hard it is to break into clinical research without experience, and the room for advancement, I decided to accept the offer.