PRA Health Sciences Interview Questions in San Diego, CA | Glassdoor

Interviews at PRA Health Sciences

3.2

IT Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at PRA Health Sciences (San Diego, CA) in February 2008.

Interview

quick call back, got the job

Interview Questions

• what is your personality type and wha tkind of people do you work best with?   Answer Question

pay was too low.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at PRA Health Sciences (San Diego, CA) in April 2018.

Interview

Initially had a phone screen w/ an engineering manager . The screen had some high level tech questions such as "What are the advantages of OOP? Functional programming?" It went well we agreed to move forward to an onsite. I let my recruiter know some times I'd be available.

Five days later one of their internal recruiters sends a notice with a pre-scheduled time. This was not a time I specified and I countered with a couple other times I would be available. The recruiter reschedules, I confirm. I also ask if I could get an idea of the scope of the technical interview - ie. if the focus is going to be on CS fundamentals vs. something more along the lines of domain modeling in Rails. She states that she can not give me the questions. Yeah... I'm not asking to cheat, that's a perfectly reasonable question. Why is this person talking to engineers if she has no idea what they actually do?

Fast forward 11 days, I arrive in the PRA office a few minutes before the scheduled time. The lady at the front desk hands me a badge and asks if I want some water. I ask for a coffee, so she brings me to the back to grab one. I ask if she's going to page my interviewers to let them know I have arrived, apparently there is no need as they will just come look for me. Alright.

Sit down with my coffee for a few minutes, and at about 10 minutes in the receptionist stops a guy walking by - I overhear their conversation and it appears he is the person I'm supposed to be meeting and appears unaware we have something scheduled. He walks away while I sit there for another few minutes until the receptionist confirms a scheduling mixup - she tells me to sit tight while she figures out what has happened.

I open my laptop, tether to my phone, and get some work done. 15 minutes go by... it's been a half hour since I arrived and I have no idea what is happening. The receptionist has made several calls, what and to whom I have not a clue. So I get up, slowly walk to her desk, stick my badge down, turn around and leave.

I'm absolutely gobsmacked. I literally sat there for 20 minutes after the hiring manger *knew* I was there and did nothing to fix the situation. Never came out to say "Hi! Nice to meet you, sorry about the mixup, I don't know what happened!" Did not bother to acknowledge my existence despite the fact we had already talked on the phone for an hour. And the receptionist could not stop yammering on the phone to keep me from leaving.

I had to schedule time away from work to do this interview. It's been over 48 hours since this mess-up. No one from their organization even so much as bothered to reach out and apologize. Absolutely classless organization.

Senior Clinical Research Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at PRA Health Sciences (San Diego, CA) in October 2014.

Interview

First interviewed with a recruiter. Then I interviewed with 2 line managers. The interviews included pertinent questions about technical expertise and behavioral situations. I felt at ease with the interviewers. The questions were easy to answer given my experience.

Interview Questions

• Are you familiar with CTMS Spectrum Reporting System?   1 Answer

Project Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at PRA Health Sciences (San Diego, CA) in February 2018.

Interview

Started with HR phone screening, then went to phone interview which both were fine. On site interview was intense and over the top. 5 different people in 2.5 hours asking basically the same behavioral questions and strange analytical questions.

Recruiter forgot or didn't bother to confirm phone interview date and time, you fill out background and drug screen authorization beforehand which is weird. Was told they would get back to me within a certain time and surprise surprise, they didn't.

Project Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at PRA Health Sciences (San Diego, CA) in March 2016.

Interview

Applied through their company website and then was contacted about a week after. There was an initial phone interview and then I moved on to a series of interviews in their office with different members of the PRA team, including another phone interview with a manager from another office. In total I talked to 4 different people in 3 separate interviews. They were all very professional and friendly but overall I found the interview to be quite challenging.