PROS Professional Services Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Create your profile to get personalized information

PROS Professional Services Interview Questions

Interviews at PROS

2.7

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at PROS (Houston, TX) in May 2012.

Interview

Interview process consisted of a phone interview then four in-house interviews and a presentation. One interview included a case study involving a brain teaser about airplanes traveling around the globe and another asked about coding specific pieces of programming languages. The presentation included very detailed Q&A so know your stuff. The process moved very slowly thereafter.

Interview Questions

• Four planes with only limited fuel need to traverse the world. Each only carries enough for a quarter trip.   Answer Question
  • Write a piece of code in a programming language.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for PROS

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at PROS (Houston, TX) in February 2015.

Interview

30 minute phone call, almost informational in nature. No technical questions, just a few behavioral questions. This was a first round interview, got invited back for second round interview. Wanted to know what questions I had almost right away. Asked me to talk about myself, tell him what I knew about the company, what research I had conducted, and what questions I had. Kind of a strange interview in that I asked more questions than I answered.

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at PROS (Houston, TX) in February 2016.

Interview

I had applied in February and was given a phone interview a week later. The phone interview was involved in that they not only asked standard behavioral questions, but they also had me complete a few excel exercises via webcast which caught me off guard. After the phone interview, I wasn't called back for another 4 months. It turns out that the original guy they hired for the job dropped out to follow another offer, and I just happened to be next up.

Unfortunately, the second interview would prove to be more difficult. I would consider this to be a technical interview. I sat in front of two managers who were not related to the job at all. For the first 30 min they grilled me through each facet of my resume whether it was related to the job or not, asked a few behavioral questions and then asked me to solve a few brain teasers (listed). I unfortunately struggled with this portion and it showed.

That same day I had to also give a 15 min presentation and answer questions on a technical topic of my choice in front of 8 people (many who would become my team). They told you a week beforehand that you had to complete this presentation. It was nerve racking and I think most of this was due to my lack of experience and confidence.

I left the interview process pretty deflated but was offered the job three weeks later (and I think this may be because of a lack of qualified candidates before me).

Interview Questions

• If you have 50 white marbles and 50 black marbles in a bag (100 total), and you randomly choose 50 to go into 2 separate bowls (50 for each bowl), How many marbles would you have to pick from one bucket until you get 10 white marbles?   1 Answer
    • Excel question involving a scenario where you had to use Vlookup.   Answer Question
    • You have a lemonade stand with 100 people coming and you charge $1 and it costs 50 cents to make the lemonade. A genie comes along to grant you one of two wishes: 1. He can either increase the number of people that come to your stand by double or 2. he can increase your price by double. Which makes you more money?   1 Answer