PROS Scientist Interview Questions | Glassdoor

PROS Scientist Interview Questions

Interviews at PROS

2.5

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at PROS (Houston, TX) in January 2019.

Interview

The interview process went very fast. They offered me the full-time position 1 week after the on-site interview. The interview included 30-min face-to-face interviews with 6 senior employees and a 30-min presentation and a 1-hr lunch in between. I liked their work culture and employees' attitudes very much.

Interview Questions

• Probability and Statistics: conditional probability, questions about Cauchy, Exponential and Gamma distributions
    Machine Learning: lasso regression
    Operations Research: shadow price, reduced cost, duality theorems
    Programming: R (packages and functions), C++ CPLEX IDE   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for PROS

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at PROS (Houston, TX) in April 2015.

Interview

I had a phone interview. Overall, the interview felt like it went very well. The interviewer (a manager of science) asked several questions about my resume, experience, and interests. The interview ended with the manager asking when I would be available to start and saying that she would discuss next steps with her colleagues and get back to me. A week after the interview, the recruiter would not respond to my emails. It's been four months now, and I never heard from PROS again.

From other reviews on Glassdoor, it is clear that PROS has a habit of rejecting candidates by acting like they don't exist. I'm embarrassed for them that they have such a classless organization.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about how you became interested in pricing work.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at PROS (Houston, TX) in August 2012.

Interview

Applied online, had phone interview two weeks later, then invited for onsite interview two weeks after that.

Interview Questions

• Questions on CS, Math, and Stats. How would your promote a new product in a new market?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at PROS (Houston, TX) in January 2008.

Interview

the interview consists of several different components: conference interview, onsite. A technical presentation is not required for on site, but will significantly increase your chance of being selected. You will also meet group members individually or in a group. Hiring decision are usually made based on the feedback of individual employees.