PSA Airlines Flight Attendant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 9, 2018

2.6

139 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Flight Attendant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at PSA Airlines in October 2013.

Interview

This job is great as a starting flight attendant. It gives you the the insight of the lifestyle of being a flight attendant. I do believe if you want to make a career out of this job, applying for mainline carriers is the way to go.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for PSA Airlines

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at PSA Airlines (Charlotte, NC) in November 2016.

Interview

The interview process was easy-going and not as intimidating as I had imagined a F2F would be. I arrived to the Nov 18th in-person session an hour and a half early. I met with some people around me and socialized with them throughout the process. Registration begins for the session at 7:30 and after the first 100 people registered and came into the meeting room, the doors closed and the meeting promptly started. The session was broken down into 3 segments. The first being the informational where they discuss the history of the company, pay, training, your schedule after training, and benefits. After the question and answer portion, we were given a 45 minute break to decide whether we wanted to stay or dismiss ourselves, use the restroom, and get snacks/drinks. During the second segment we are divided into groups of 10-15 and come up to introduce ourselves, answer a question read by one of the recruiters, and read a portion of a reading prompt that would be said during a flight. Once each row makes it through this, we get another 45 minute break. After this break we were split into two groups. From my experience, I was called with the first group and we were taken to a room opposite of where the second group was taken. We were told that we had advanced to the final F2F interview with 3 of the recruiters. It has been compared to speed dating (lol) and I will agree. For the final F2F you go to 3 different tables to interview and answer questions from the recruiters. They go over your resume and ask situational based questions. Be honest and remain calm. The "speed dating" interviews were casual and were some of the most relaxing interviews I've had. At the end of the interview, I was told that I would hear back within 2 weeks on whether I would receive a CJO or a rejection. It did not take long at all. On Nov 21st I received an email stating that they wanted to invite me to join the PSA Airlines family and to add me to the training roster!! I accepted and am currently waiting for a training date. My advice would be to research and study all info found on glassdoor. The questions I got from here were exactly what was asked. Know the company's history also! Good luck to all applying and congrats to others that have received their CJO!

Interview Questions

• What does detail mean to you and why?   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was no negotiation. Everything in the informational is what is being offered to you. If someone did not agree or would not be able to accept the pay, schedule, etc they were able to dismiss themselves

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phila, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at PSA Airlines (Phila, PA) in October 2016.

Interview

Application done online. Pretty straight forward process. Easy to upload resume and cover letter. After two days was invited to an interview session/open house in the Baltimore area. Whether or not I received an invitation I knew of the session in Philadelphia which is closer to my home and had already made arrangements to attend. First 50 candidates allowed to sign in. First step was an overview of the company stressing the salary and need to relocate at any time for company needs/requirements expected of candidates. Second was what I'd like to compare to a beauty pageant! They had us stand up in rows, introduce ourselves, then read a card announcement that one would hear on a plane in front of a panel of six individuals and the other 49 applicants. The environment was very tense and made me uncomfortable as well as others. But, at least now we know what sessions like these are about. Third they start weaning off half the group divided by 50% of all in one room, separated by the others. That is where it ended for me. I do not know about the one to one sessions I did not make it that far. I'm actually thankful for the experience. What bothers me about the entire process is that it's clearly advertised on the PSA website as a Philadelphia flight attendant, only to find there is absolutely no base anywhere near Philadelphia! Very misleading. Bases are only in Ohio, North Carolina, and Tennessee. So this means serious travel or immediate relocation. This position recruited in the Philadelphia area, but the position is not for a Philadelphia flight attendant as specified.

Interview Questions

• Are you different today than you were yesterday?   1 Answer

Flight Attendant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at PSA Airlines in October 2016.

Interview

I found this to be a great interview, it was a tough one in the sense of how you feel two feet tall as all the interviewers look you up and down. So my group interview was told registration began at 7:30AM and there were applicants there waiting since 2AM in the hotel lobby. So the 50 first applicants signed in at 7:30AM, picked up a nametag with a number on it, and we were told to sit in the room and the interview process would began at 8:30AM . First thing I would like to mention is how everyone looked so nice, make sure if you plan on attending a flight attendant interview you wear a suite as they want to see how you will look in their uniform. Second thing I would like to mention is everyone (at least in my group) is very warm and welcoming everyone chatting and wishing well apon each other through the ENTIRE process no one put anyone down and everyone had positive vibes to give. So you watch a presentation by 5 interviewers (all different positions at PSA) and they answer any questions you may have and let you know that there will now be a 20 minute break and if you now feel the job isn't for you to please let one of the interviewers know and you may excuse yourself. You come back and line up in numerical order and when your row is called you all stand up in front on the table of interviewers, one at a time you step forward state your name, answer a question asked by them, and read a sentence or two from the safety speech at the beginning of a flight. You sit down and after all rows have went you get a 40 minute break. When you come back its a quick process you are told when your number is called to go to the room they tell you, there is a room for people who get to go to one on one interviews and a room for everyone being told thanks but no thanks. I thought the interview was very professional even though I don't understand how they choose who they do as they choose people all over the board.

Interview Questions

• All questions asked (you will only be asked one) Be specific and don't wonder from the question:
      If you were to write a book on customer service, what would the title be?
      How do you build roppor (respect) with someone?
      What types of people annoy you?
      How do you prioritize your tasks?
      How would you handle an angry customer?
      If you had to choose between health and happiness which would you choose and why?
      If you could choose one person from history to have dinner with who would it be and why?
      What do you believe are the three top qualities of a flight attendant?   Answer Question

Flight Attendant Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at PSA Airlines in August 2016.

Interview

First interview with airline industry,.During the interview process where all lPSA Recuitors{ Employess} are seated at the front of the confrence room.at a long Table, Asking questions... 2 of the employess where falling asleep, Not very professional.,

Interview Questions

• Is the customer always right?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at PSA Airlines (Cincinnati, OH) in September 2016.

Interview

Attended the open house today in Cincinnati. This airline is ridiculous. They herd you into a room and show you a presentation. Then you take a break. Then they call you back into the room in groups of 10 (we only had like 30 people). They're set up at a long table like American Idol judges and they call you up one at a time to answer a stupid question that usually has zero to do with the job and you read from part of the safety demo.

There were people in my group that couldn't even read the card properly that got called back to the next part of the interview. People who gave BS answers or didn't even really answer the question got called back too.

Despite being the first person there and prepared for the interview and thinking I nailed it, for some reason, I was sent home.

They don't even look at your résumé or speak to you. They base their judgment on seeing you talk for like 2 minutes. It's stupid.

So thanks for wasting my time and money. Other airlines at least fly you out and you get a chance to prove yourself. This airline is a total joke.

My advice to PSA: stop trying to talk people out of working for you at the beginning of the interview. Five candidates a chance to actually speak with someone or at the very least, come up with questions to ask at the beginning that aren't irrelevant like "what historical figure would you have dinner with and why?" That and the other questions you asked the candidates in NO WAY allows you to find out whether or not we would be right for the job. And if you're not going to fix your broken interview tactics, at the very least you could offer people accommodations instead of wasting our money for a 2 minute joke.

Interview Questions

• What do you think your biggest strength is   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Knoxville, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at PSA Airlines (Knoxville, TN) in September 2016.

Interview

interview process was very laid back and welcoming, the process moved very smoothly, not a huge turn out at interview like i expected. the way they describe the pay rate is a little scary

Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at PSA Airlines (Baltimore, MD) in April 2014.

Interview

After filling out online app was contacted via email for a open house interview session. Was given a job description of all. broke into groups and given a number on a name tag,,spoke for 1 min about ourselves and answered a list of questions in front of other candidates and 4 inflight recruiters taking notes. was later placed on a face to face interview same day and either offered a job offer or told would hear later.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at PSA Airlines (Nashville, TN) in October 2016.

Interview

The interview process was exactly as described in previous entries. I was concerned that I might be considered too old as I am returning to the work force at 50+, but there were others present my age and even older. I dressed professionally and tried to look the part of a flight attendant - hair in bun, conservative skirt and blazer with crisp white blouse, low heeled black pumps, natural makeup but RED lipstick for a bright smile. ;D It was a great experience and although the questions asked for the first round aren't really relevant to the job of being a flight attendant, it does give them the opportunity to see how well you can speak off the top of your head to a group of strangers, how poised and confident you are and if you speak with correct grammar, all important characteristics when dealing with the public and representing the brand of an airline. I was told after the "speed dating" interviews that I would be contacted within 2 weeks and advised whether I was selected. However I received an email the very next day offering me the job and a spot in a training class starting two weeks later. There was another lady who looked at least 10 years older than me but she was superb, both in appearance and in her speaking skills, and she made it through as well, so I do not believe that this airline is only looking to hire young applicants as other reviewers here have stated. I saw young and old move through the process and all who moved through to the final round were dressed professionally, like me, and gave well spoken answers to the questions asked. It was even okay if you stumbled through reading the announcement as long as you knew how to recover and handle it with poise. It was a relaxed laid back process and I appreciated the friendly recruiters who I found to be open, non-intimidating and easy to talk to.

Interview Questions

I am still considering this offer. I just declined the first training date as I already have prior commitments during the month I would have to be gone.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at PSA Airlines (Washington, DC).

Interview

I went to an open recruitment event in DC. First they introduce the company and the salary. Just for you to have an idea, they tell you all the time that the first year you will make 15K. And it seems like it doesn't matter how much you work, you will only make 15K. This is importante for them because they want "good quality" workers for petty salaries. So this a little bit discouraging. Anyway, back to the interview they make you stand up and in front of everyone (20-30-40-50..100 persons) and say your name, then they ask you a question, you answer according your experience and the best of your knowledge and then you read an announcement. Then you wait until everyone is done and you sit. This is the second "filter", after this they give a 45 minutes break and either kick you or you move forward. I moved forward to the next step, the ask you about tattoos, documents, etc. If you have everything you move to the next step, a f2f interview with 3 persons. You are asked about your experience and skills and move on to the next one. After that that say "expect an email in within two weeks" but for what I've read and my experience is less time. Anyway this was last Friday and I got an email today saying that I wasn't chose. It was a matter of 5 days to find out.

Interview Questions

• How are you going to live with 15K a year?   2 Answers