PSAV Audio Visual Technician Interview Questions | Glassdoor

PSAV Audio Visual Technician Interview Questions

2.5

11 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at PSAV (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

Performed a phone interview with one of the hiring managers. Once selected for the phone interview I traveled to their offices for a one on two interview with two managers.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

They are non-negotiable

Other Interview Reviews for PSAV

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oklahoma City, OK

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at PSAV (Oklahoma City, OK) in June 2016.

Interview

This phone interview focused on job responsibilities and technical knowledge. The questions were easy to answer, if you understand signal flow. Even though the job description states that it is a full time job, PSAV does not promise consistent hours. When asked if I had any questions, I inquired about consistency of work hours, and I was informed on the busy and slow times of the year. I was told that "full-time" employees might only get 5-10 hours of work a week in slow times and 45-60 in busy times. That would be fine if it were a salaried position. It's not. No one can live off of 5-10 hours per week of work on an hourly wage during extended slow business seasons. Not many people who like spending time with family enjoy working 60 hour work weeks during the holiday season. That's a deal breaker there. Overall, the interviewer was informative and transparent, which helped me to learn that this wasn't the job for me. If you are educated and have a breadth of audio visual technical know-how combined with a desire to work consistent hours that results in predictable grown-up paychecks, this might not be the job for you. This job is not for people with Master's Degrees. If you have a GED and are marginally competent in dire need of any work now, go for this job.

Interview Questions

• Do you understand signal flow?   1 Answer
    • Do you understand how a microphone works?   1 Answer
    • In the past, how have you handled(solved) a particular technical problem with an A/V system?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at PSAV (Chicago, IL) in June 2015.

Interview

When applying for this position online, I selected multiple locations during my submission; There weren't really any suburb specific cities in the Greater Chicago area available to apply for.

I first got an email about setting up a phone interview with the recruiter. During the phone interview the recruiter said he was calling me about my Chicago application. The recruiter asked where I would prefer to work and I told him that I lived in the Northwest Suburbs but that it didn't matter. The phone interview was very simple, basically just finding out your qualifications and feeling you out as a person. I suggest talking about customer service experience if you have any; this was my first AV job so the only tangible experience I had to work with was my degree and retail experience.

Next I was set up with an interview for a hotel in the Northwest Suburbs. 2 directors interviewed me at the same time; I wouldn't call my interview stressful, but it was slightly difficult to divide my attention between them. My biggest advice is SMILE. They asked basic interview questions to get a feel for how I would handle situations. They barely focused on technical knowledge.

If you have a friend in the company, definitely put their name down as your referral; I think it's something like 40% of new hires in the company are referrals. My friend who works for the company that I put as my referral was called almost immediately after my interview. I was offered the job about 2 days after my in-person interview.

The recruiter fills you in on everything, even after your in-person interview. You will be asked to take a drug test and they will run a background check on you before your hire. If you're currently employed, they will allow you to give them your 2 weeks notice before starting your new position.

Interview Questions

• Name your favorite supervisor and why they were your favorite.   Answer Question

Audio Visual Technician Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at PSAV.

Interview

The interview was relaxed and professional. Great explanation of the company and position. They were just trying to get a feel for what type of personality you had it seemed like; they wanted to see if you would fit well with the other members of the company. Overall a simple process; although, the online application process leaves room for potential employees to be skipped over easily.

Interview Questions

• No ridiculous interview questions were asked. Mostly situational questioning.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Phone call offer and then an official offer letter through email. The hiring Director stressed that it is a full-time position and wanted to make sure I was ready for that commitment.

Audio Visual Technician Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at PSAV.

Interview

Fairly straightforward process and a positive experience. Unlike many of these other reviews it didn't take too long (although I did take some proactive steps to speed up the process).

After applying to the position, I didn't receive any contact until about 2 weeks later when a recruiter called me. One week later (after some pressing to get the interview scheduled) I received a call from a hiring manager for the region to set up the in-person interview.

The interview was with two Directors at a very high-end hotel & conference center which was one of PSAV's clients. The questions were nothing out of the ordinary, there were one or two technical questions. Do your research of the company! Can't stress that enough.

In the end we had a very nice discussion and it was a positive experience.

Interview Questions

• Where do you want to be in 5 years?
      What's the difference between an analog and digital audio mixer?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Not much negotiation although in my case I didn't really try.

Anonymous Employee in South San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at PSAV (South San Francisco, CA) in August 2014.

Interview

You are given a recruiter who will stay with you throughout your career with the company. This one person has no insight into your work ethic other than your position title. The first interview with a recruiter is relatively simple. But as soon as you apply for a promotion, your recruiter questions your progress with the company and starts to work against you.

The interview with the director is easy, but the recruiter interview is not necessary or helpful.

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at PSAV (San Francisco, CA) in November 2013.

Interview

Phone interview a few days after resume submission, once I passed they scheduled for an in person interview, Went over basic question. Why I want the job, what skills do i have. Any customer experience.Basic interview questions. Standard expedience and nothing too crazy

Interview Questions

• What customer experience have you had?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at PSAV (Washington, DC).

Interview

Thought all interviews went well, and the HR director said he would let me know in a week if I got the position or not. The week when he was to let me know, I got no response. Even tried emailing him directly 3 times but still nothing. Also emailed the director to see what was going on, and like before nothing

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at PSAV (Atlanta, GA) in May 2013.

Interview

They ask you about your A/V experience. They also ask about your strengths and weaknesses in regards to lighting, audio, and video. Theses questions are so that they can best place you in the position and property location that your skill set and personality would best compliment.

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at PSAV (Atlanta, GA) in February 2010.

Interview

I had an interview set up with a Swank Employment Manager through the Career Development department at my university. I made sure to be VERY organized and present myself as if I were already working in a 5-star hospitality environment. I had 3 packets ready consisting of my resume, cover letter, previous work experience, references, and letters of recommendation for my interviewers (there was only one interviewer but i wanted to be prepared. I had just bought a new black suit, shirt, shoes, and tie along with a short new haircut. Research about the company really impresses the interviewers! I was offered a part-time position in Atlanta halfway during the interview - I couldn't believe it! She offered to be my advisor and that my name was now "in the pipeline" for the next available job. She told me to call or email anytime. My interview was Feb. 25th and it is now April 26th. I have called 15 times and emailed 10 times with zero replies. I am disappointed. Swank looks like a great company to work for and the people were so friendly. I am still hoping that they contact me eventually.

Interview Questions

• How would you rate the performance of your past superiors?   Answer Question