PSAV Event Technology Specialist III Interview Questions | Glassdoor

PSAV Event Technology Specialist III Interview Questions

2.1

10 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at PSAV (Miami, FL) in October 2014.

Interview

Went into a conference room and sat with the director of the property. Very basic questions and review of experience. I was then taken on a tour of the property and met another team member. After a week I was given the offer.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for PSAV

Event Technology Specialist III Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at PSAV.

Interview

The job was posted on the PSAV website. I applied for the position and received an email a couple days later stating that they wished to discuss my qualifications further. The recruiter and I arranged a first phone call, and we discussed my experience and resume. This was followed by another, more detailed online application for employment. After that was a face-to-face interview with the supervisor at the location. It was more of a "here's what we do at this venue" thing though. The day after I was sent information about references and a drug test. When that was completed I was given an offer letter which I had to sign and return. This noted my start date and hourly wage (it's a part-time position).

Interview Questions

• All of the questions were very simple and about my experience. Nothing like "what is customer service" or anything like that. It was very comfortable. The preliminary phone interview consisted of "go through your resume for me and tell me a little bit about that."   Answer Question

Negotiation

The start date. That is all that was necessary to negotiate for me.

Event Technology Specialist III Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at PSAV in August 2013.

Interview

PSAV hires in groups. They gather 50 or so people at one of their hotels and interview one by one.
    Two people are usually present to interview you. These people are usually from a nearby property or from HR. They will ask you about your experience and where you would like to go in the company. Make sure you have questions for them.

Interview Questions

• How would you deal with an angry, upset, or rude client?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at PSAV (Chicago, IL) in May 2013.

Interview

A basic interview that was a 1-on-1 setting with the director and I. We met in the lobby and went to a table in the business center. The main focus in the interview was about past experience and what I've done in previous av jobs. Benefits were not really touched on during this process. Overall it was about a half hour long process for the initial in-person interview.

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at PSAV (Chicago, IL) in February 2013.

Interview

The standard interview questions apply, I came in and sat with 2 managers, i was later given a tour. short and sweet. Be sure to wear a full suit as for most locations it is required.

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at PSAV (Orlando, FL) in September 2012.

Interview

1. Company "Job Fair" which was basically just their way of doing 50+ interviews for 10 positions in 1 day. 2 interviewers, which made the process a little more relaxed.
    2. Got called back for 2nd interview at location I'd be working. Basic Interview Questions with DET and DO.

All about Customer Service, which is something that is not explicit in the job description. AV knowledge is necessary but if you don't want to be involved in Customer Service, look for something else.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

You might have a little wiggle room, but its entry level so not much.

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at PSAV (Orlando, FL) in August 2012.

Interview

The interview process consisted of two steps. The first step was to attend an invite only job fair hosted by PSAV in order to determine who they wanted to hire. During this process you were interviewed by two management level employees who asked you basic AV and hospitality questions. If you were chosen, you were called and told which hotel property had been designated as your home property. You then do a second interview with the director of that property to confirm that you will be a good fit at that location. If the location doesn't work, you may interview at a different property or be offered part time employment.

Interview Questions

• How would you correct employees who have been in the industry for a very long time, when you encounter them doing something incorrect?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at PSAV (San Francisco, CA) in May 2011.

Interview

The first thing I would say is don't get discouraged at how long the process takes. I put in an application in November of 2010. I had forgotten about it until February when they contacted me to set up a phone interview.

First was a phone interview: The phone interview seemed like more of screen for competence. They questions were very standard questions you would see if you googled "common interview questions". Tell me about a time when... tell me you're best attribute etc.

I was then called for a face to face with the manager of property I'd be working at. It went well and was super easy... felt more like a tour of the property than an actual interview. Super basic questions regarding the position while we walked around. They hired internally but he recommended me for another open position to HR.

I had another similar interview for this new position and again they hired internally, but told me there would be some movement in the company and that job might open up. Well it did and I got it... but not without a little persistence with HR. Several times I was told they would contact me by a certain day. That day would go by and I would contact them a few days later to get an update. They were helpful, you just have to be persistent.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you made a mistake and had to own up to it.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Non existent, this was an entry level position and were set with their offer... $15/hr for the Event Technology Specialist III position.

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at PSAV (Chicago, IL) in July 2010.

Interview

Phone interview on a Friday. 20-30 minutes. HR was not quite sure of what position I might be best for. PT, FT, Freelance. Maybe the talk of all three was just to keep me interested. End of the phone interview I was invited to a mass hiring session.
    Met with two "Branch Managers" both liked me. Spent 15 minutes with each. One in his 40's, the other late 20's or early 30's. They appeared and sounded to be on the level about the amount of work I could find for myself with PSAV. You need to get cozy with the Event Coordinators/Planners to make sure you get more work. More work is more money. If you have the drive you can really shine.

Interview Questions

• Typical interview questions. Describe a time where you had to overcome a challenge. Basic stuff if you have interviewed 4-5 times over your life.   1 Answer

Event Technology Specialist III Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at PSAV in August 2011.

Interview

Applied online in mid-May 2011. About one month later, I was contacted by a recruiter to schedule a phone interview. Phone interview consisted of very simple, basic questions about my skills and experience. The recruiter said that while I was a strong candidate, there were no positions available for my experience level. I was told my resume would be kept on file, and that I should check PSAV's website around September or October when their big hiring season started. In early August, I was again contacted by the recruiter for an invitation-only "open house". This event consisted of a short presentation on the company and two individual interviews (one with HR and one with a director). HR asked typical interview questions like giving hypothetical scenarios on customer service. Director went over my resume and asked more technical skill-related questions. We were told that PSAV would contact us within a week to two weeks. They contacted me four weeks after the open house to offer a part-time on-call position. Then I needed to take a drug test and authorize the background check.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had an issue with technology. How did you solve the problem?   Answer Question