PSAV Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.5

1. Featured Interview

Technical Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at PSAV (Atlanta, GA) in June 2017.

Interview

The process began with an online video interview. That took about 30 minutes and asked basic HR questions. A couple weeks later they scheduled an interview. Originally I was only supposed to meet with the Director of Labor for the branch, however about 5 minutes into the interview he said that he wants someone to meet me. He then introduced me to the Director of Project Management who asked me a lot of extremely technical questions. After that, I met with someone else who asked primarily customer service oriented questions. I then met with the Regional VP who asked more personal questions. In total, the interview took about 2 hours and I met with 4 different people.

Interview Questions

• If you are the A1, how would you decide the type and location of the speakers?   Answer Question
    • How do you calculate photometrics?   Answer Question
    • What would you do if a guest asked you to do something that was not your job?   Answer Question
    • When setting up an event, what is your process?   Answer Question
    • Why do you want to work here? Besides (whatever you just said), why PSAV?   Answer Question

AV Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at PSAV (Cleveland, OH).

Interview

The company used a digital interview platform called Hire Vue which was the first time I'd ever heard about it. It was very interesting. From the employer you get a code for the interview and you access it either from a computer with a webcam or your mobile device. You can take the interview anywhere you want, it's best to pick somewhere you won't be distracted. It's also best to dress as if you're face to face. The best part about it is you can practice your questions before answering them.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time where you had to deal with a difficult customer.   Answer Question

Rigger Interview

Application

The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at PSAV.

Interview

Applied online a day after the job posting. Was contacted via/ email two days later. Very organized process. Got a primary interview call from the Headquarter location and was asked basic experience questions, personal questions, etc. was then approved for an interview with the Director of Labor, who phoned in the Rigging Supervisor, who proceeded to ask specific and very relevant questions. I signed my offer letter at the end of the interview and started Onboarding as soon as my background check and drug screen went through. Entire process was 3 weeks.

Interview Questions

• Differences in types of spansets? Plot reading experience? Explain cable routing and automated chain hoist specifics. Run through the complete setup of a trussing system with light fixtures, speaker arrays, and an LED wall. Explain the different ways that spansets are attached to trussing, what is each one used for?   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at PSAV in December 2017.

Interview

I sat down with the interviewer and went over my application. The broader points were answered through a video web interview, where I had questions and a timer for recording my filmed answer. It was all very straightforward.

Interview Questions

• I was asked about my background in audio, visuals, signal flow, and my military experience.   1 Answer

Operations Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at PSAV (New York, NY) in November 2017.

Interview

The entire process was standard. I applied online and then received a call from the HR department. Completed a phone interview first and then was called for an in-person interview. Met with two DET's from two separate hotel as I was being interviewed for two locations. The in-person interview was standard as all Operational roles are.

Interview Questions

• What was a standard setup for you in your previous job position?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at PSAV (Los Angeles, CA) in October 2017.

Interview

Video interview conducted via HireVue. Seven written questions were asked. You are allowed 30 seconds given to consider a response, and about 3 minutes to answer each question. The questions were outside the usual "tell us about yourself" or "what is your biggest weakness" nature and more sales skills driven.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation where you were able to convince a customer to spend more than they originally planned to.   Answer Question
    • Describe a situation when you were unable to achieve a sales quota by a given deadline. How did you respond to the situation, what actions did you take?   Answer Question

Audiovisual Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Interview

First I did an interview over the internet. It was automated, I read questions and then recorded my answers with the webcam. I was then contacted to come in and do an in person interview. The interviewer was nice and it felt smooth an unpressured.

Interview Questions

• What was a time you went beyond what was expected of you on the job?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at PSAV (Orlando, FL) in September 2017.

Interview

Because of an introduction from a staff member the process moved along quite quickly at outset. However, after the initial telephone interview things slowed to a slow pace and I imagine that a number of candidates fall away because they find jobs before PSAV get back to them

Interview Questions

• Experience based interview, Tell me a time....   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at PSAV (Chicago, IL) in September 2017.

Interview

I met them in person and then was brought to their corporate office. They then called me at the end of the process. They were very communicative and efficient. The process was fast.

Interview Questions

• Typical interview questions and situational questions. Asked about how you handle stress and work as a team.   1 Answer

Business Center Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mystic, CT

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at PSAV (Mystic, CT).

Interview

Very laid back. Had the Director of Event Technology and Manager of the business center in the room. Answered basic interview questions. Made me feel comfortable. Did not take long.

Interview Questions

• Why do you think you would be a good fit for this job?   1 Answer

Event Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at PSAV (Las Vegas, NV).

Interview

Multiple interviews. Many of them are for werding people out. The first round is from HR and the know buzz words and the best BS person would do great as they know nothing about audio visual. Lies are beneficial at this point add they have no idea if you are telling the truth.
    Once you pad the gate keepers is then the directors of hotels. A few are somewhat knowledgeable but most are just glorified sales people. Kind of used car salesmen for AV. Be careful what you say here because lies at this point can come back to hunt you.
    The difficult pay here is how much time will be wasted for a job that pays very close to minimum wage.