PSAV Interview Questions | Glassdoor

PSAV Interview Questions

Updated May 21, 2017

2.5

Director of Event Technology Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at PSAV.

Interview

Was recruited, 3 stages of interviews with each lasting about an hour. The first two were on the phone and the third was in person. Have not yet received an offer, but it was only a few days ago.

Interview Questions

• When was a time that you dealt with a difficult customer   Answer Question

ASDP Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at PSAV (Houston, TX) in April 2017.

Interview

I was referred to this program by a friend who had gone through it the year before, so when I was recruited, it was in December of 2016 but the position wouldn't be filled until June of 2017. My first recruiter called me on a regular to inform me on the progress of the process and when my interview would be. One thing that I like, is that the recruiters prep you for interviews by giving you the questions ahead of time and letting you know what the panel is looking for.

I had one face-to-face interview with a Director of Sales and that day I had an impromptu interview with the RSVP. He then told me I'd be moving forward with the program and would interview again April. This week I have my first of those two panel interviews (the second and final interview will be in two weeks) then I will start an 8-week training in June.

Interview Questions

• What would you change about your experience at your last position?   Answer Question

Rigging Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at PSAV in February 2017.

Interview

Convoluted, and haphazard at best.
    I was ushered into the process through a referral.
    I have applied with PSAV in the past and receive both online and in person interviews.
    This time I was ushered in through a referral and went through the process.

After completion I received an email stating that the offer was rescinded due to failure to complete their screenings.

Their recruiting officer then replied to my grievances stating that he had sent me the wrong email - he apologized and sent an email stating that the offer had been rescinded due to my background.

Unorganized is how I would describe the interview process for this company. Their recruiters need more training to say the least.
    I lost out on work because of this. Not happy. Do not contact me again PSAV!!

Lead Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at PSAV (Los Angeles, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

As a previous employee of the company It was a good session with the leadership team to discuss my past experience outside the US.
    The Regional manager and the property director asked about my strong forte and how my past experience working on the events were.

Interview Questions

• How was your day today job responsibility at the property?   Answer Question

Sales Manager Interview

Interview

I was contacted by an hr representative for an phone interview. I was then invited to attend an interview "blitz". I had a panel interview of 3 with the directors of sales from various hotels around the city. Next I interviewed with the area director of sales. Lastly the VP of Sales and Regional Director of Sales.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Are you willing to relocate?

Audio Visual Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at PSAV (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

Performed a phone interview with one of the hiring managers. Once selected for the phone interview I traveled to their offices for a one on two interview with two managers.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

They are non-negotiable

PSAV AV Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at PSAV (Kansas City, MO) in August 2016.

Interview

The interview was set up it via phone calls and emails. What went on was you had to be dressed up, and interview with two different people asking similar questions about yourself and work history.

Interview Questions

• What is a challenge you had to overcome in your AV experience ?   Answer Question

Senior Network Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rosemont, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at PSAV (Rosemont, IL) in August 2016.

Interview

Phone interview with the manager and another engineer followed by an in-person interview a week later. Phone interview lasted 45 minutes. The in-person interview lasted five hours and was with five different people, one after the other. The final part included a lab exercise. After the interview I sent a thank you note to each person I spoke with. I followed up a week and two weeks after the interviews. After two months of no response I sent a message to the hiring manager who finally acknowledged they filled the position.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever made a mistake at work?   1 Answer
    • Have you worked with x technology?   1 Answer
    • Why are you looking for a new position?   1 Answer

Audio Visual Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oklahoma City, OK

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at PSAV (Oklahoma City, OK) in June 2016.

Interview

This phone interview focused on job responsibilities and technical knowledge. The questions were easy to answer, if you understand signal flow. Even though the job description states that it is a full time job, PSAV does not promise consistent hours. When asked if I had any questions, I inquired about consistency of work hours, and I was informed on the busy and slow times of the year. I was told that "full-time" employees might only get 5-10 hours of work a week in slow times and 45-60 in busy times. That would be fine if it were a salaried position. It's not. No one can live off of 5-10 hours per week of work on an hourly wage during extended slow business seasons. Not many people who like spending time with family enjoy working 60 hour work weeks during the holiday season. That's a deal breaker there. Overall, the interviewer was informative and transparent, which helped me to learn that this wasn't the job for me. If you are educated and have a breadth of audio visual technical know-how combined with a desire to work consistent hours that results in predictable grown-up paychecks, this might not be the job for you. This job is not for people with Master's Degrees. If you have a GED and are marginally competent in dire need of any work now, go for this job.

Interview Questions

• Do you understand signal flow?   1 Answer
    • Do you understand how a microphone works?   1 Answer
    • In the past, how have you handled(solved) a particular technical problem with an A/V system?   Answer Question

AV Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Traverse City, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at PSAV (Traverse City, MI) in June 2016.

Interview

I came in and knew right away that I would be hired. My boss gave me more of an idea of the job itself and the property I am located at. He was up front about the down time and the fact that not all weeks would be 40 hours, though he did tell me I would have many months with 60-70 hours (which has only happened twice so far, and only up to 50 hours).

Interview Questions

• My phone interview consisted of asking my background - education, experience in AV, etc. The basic things.   1 Answer