PSAV Event Specialist Interview Questions | Glassdoor

PSAV Event Specialist Interview Questions

2.0

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at PSAV (Orlando, FL) in September 2015.

Interview

I applied online, I received an email from the HR recruiter a few weeks later to schedule a phone interview. Phone interview with recruiter, then in person interview with 4 Directors of Operations from various properties, then 1 on 1 interview with a Director of Operations at specific property.

Interview Questions

• How do you handle confrontations or people who are difficult to deal with?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Memphis, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at PSAV (Memphis, TN) in August 2015.

Interview

Phone interview first, which entailed several AV competency questions, terminology gauge questions. Drug screen, which in Memphis you are sent to a place that, no joke, doubles as a tax filing office (it was terrible). Then a face to face, which looking back was basically the Director blowing smoke up my rear. Spent time being told how great the Company is, how there is more OT than you can shake a stick at, and many more lies.

Interview Questions

• Basic Audio, Video, Projector questions like, do you know how to set up a 4 channel mixer?   1 Answer

Event Technology Specialist II Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at PSAV (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

Applied Online for a PSAV Career Fair and attended the event.
    Got a call setup with a manager from one of their LA locations
    Got hired over the phone.

Some hotel are cool, but the people you get to deal with in the hotel industry are just a pain, so I left that industry due to dumb hotel stuff.

Interview Questions

• What is your experience with the hotel industry?
      What do you know about video, audio, and lighting?
      1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at PSAV (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

Came to a hiring event that involved myself and three other candidates. We were all interviewed individually. I was asked questions by two different executives within the company in a very conversational manner. The experience was professional in the sense that I had to be very succinct in the answers that I gave but they made me feel comfortable that I could deliver answers with ease.

Interview Questions

• They asked me what I wanted out of this job.   1 Answer

Event Technology Specialist III Interview

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at PSAV (Miami, FL) in October 2014.

Interview

Went into a conference room and sat with the director of the property. Very basic questions and review of experience. I was then taken on a tour of the property and met another team member. After a week I was given the offer.

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at PSAV (Charlotte, NC) in June 2014.

Interview

Got emailed, went in, asked what experience I had with gear and took down a fast fold screen. He was very nice and cordial. Showed me around the hotel and I was on my way.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No wage negotiations at all. You get what you're given.

Event Technology Specialist II Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at PSAV (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

I went through two interviews during a job fair. They inquired a great deal about technologies I know in lighting and about how I felt about learning particular technologies. Where a suit or a nice casual business outfit.

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at PSAV.

Interview

It was very good and detailed and he actually showed me around the hotel during the 1st interview.

Negotiation

Their was no negotiation it was a take it or leave it option.

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at PSAV.

Interview

The job was posted on the PSAV website. I applied for the position and received an email a couple days later stating that they wished to discuss my qualifications further. The recruiter and I arranged a first phone call, and we discussed my experience and resume. This was followed by another, more detailed online application for employment. After that was a face-to-face interview with the supervisor at the location. It was more of a "here's what we do at this venue" thing though. The day after I was sent information about references and a drug test. When that was completed I was given an offer letter which I had to sign and return. This noted my start date and hourly wage (it's a part-time position).

Interview Questions

• All of the questions were very simple and about my experience. Nothing like "what is customer service" or anything like that. It was very comfortable. The preliminary phone interview consisted of "go through your resume for me and tell me a little bit about that."   Answer Question

Negotiation

The start date. That is all that was necessary to negotiate for me.

Event Technology Specialist III Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at PSAV in August 2013.

Interview

PSAV hires in groups. They gather 50 or so people at one of their hotels and interview one by one.
    Two people are usually present to interview you. These people are usually from a nearby property or from HR. They will ask you about your experience and where you would like to go in the company. Make sure you have questions for them.

Interview Questions

• How would you deal with an angry, upset, or rude client?   Answer Question