PSAV Events Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.2

37 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Event Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at PSAV (Las Vegas, NV).

Interview

Multiple interviews. Many of them are for werding people out. The first round is from HR and the know buzz words and the best BS person would do great as they know nothing about audio visual. Lies are beneficial at this point add they have no idea if you are telling the truth.
    Once you pad the gate keepers is then the directors of hotels. A few are somewhat knowledgeable but most are just glorified sales people. Kind of used car salesmen for AV. Be careful what you say here because lies at this point can come back to hunt you.
    The difficult pay here is how much time will be wasted for a job that pays very close to minimum wage.

Director of Event Technology Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at PSAV.

Interview

Was recruited, 3 stages of interviews with each lasting about an hour. The first two were on the phone and the third was in person. Have not yet received an offer, but it was only a few days ago.

Interview Questions

• When was a time that you dealt with a difficult customer   Answer Question

Assistant Director of Event Technology Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at PSAV (New York, NY) in September 2015.

Interview

Almost two hours of interview but it was great. She ask me for my years of experience and how well I was in my last job position, reason that I left..

Interview Questions

• What do you expect from these company?   1 Answer

Director of Event Technology Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vail, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at PSAV (Vail, CO) in September 2015.

Interview

The interview wasn't bad. They ask the same questions every corporate company will ask. Stay sharp, I interviewed with the GM of the property (Hotel) in which the contract was held. Got through that. THEY DO BACKGROUND CHECKS! There is a post on here that says it is a formality. I am telling you, it is not a formality. If you have a criminal record do not waste your time. I am over qualified for this position, passed the drug test, received a formal offer letter, executed and they still retracted their offer once the background check came in.

Good Luck!

Interview Questions

I did not decline, the offer was retracted once the background check came back.

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at PSAV (Orlando, FL) in September 2015.

Interview

I applied online, I received an email from the HR recruiter a few weeks later to schedule a phone interview. Phone interview with recruiter, then in person interview with 4 Directors of Operations from various properties, then 1 on 1 interview with a Director of Operations at specific property.

Interview Questions

• How do you handle confrontations or people who are difficult to deal with?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Memphis, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at PSAV (Memphis, TN) in August 2015.

Interview

Phone interview first, which entailed several AV competency questions, terminology gauge questions. Drug screen, which in Memphis you are sent to a place that, no joke, doubles as a tax filing office (it was terrible). Then a face to face, which looking back was basically the Director blowing smoke up my rear. Spent time being told how great the Company is, how there is more OT than you can shake a stick at, and many more lies.

Interview Questions

• Basic Audio, Video, Projector questions like, do you know how to set up a 4 channel mixer?   1 Answer

Event Technology Specialist II Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at PSAV (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

Applied Online for a PSAV Career Fair and attended the event.
    Got a call setup with a manager from one of their LA locations
    Got hired over the phone.

Some hotel are cool, but the people you get to deal with in the hotel industry are just a pain, so I left that industry due to dumb hotel stuff.

Interview Questions

• What is your experience with the hotel industry?
      What do you know about video, audio, and lighting?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at PSAV (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

Came to a hiring event that involved myself and three other candidates. We were all interviewed individually. I was asked questions by two different executives within the company in a very conversational manner. The experience was professional in the sense that I had to be very succinct in the answers that I gave but they made me feel comfortable that I could deliver answers with ease.

Interview Questions

• They asked me what I wanted out of this job.   1 Answer

Event Technology Specialist III Interview

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at PSAV (Miami, FL) in October 2014.

Interview

Went into a conference room and sat with the director of the property. Very basic questions and review of experience. I was then taken on a tour of the property and met another team member. After a week I was given the offer.

Event Tech Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at PSAV (Chicago, IL) in September 2014.

Interview

After applying on the PSAV Website, I was contacted by an HR Rep who put me in touch with the Director of a team housed in a specific hotel in Downtown Chicago. I dressed business casual (thinking AV Techs would be dressed down significantly), but both the people interviewing me were in suits... Ooops.
    I interviewed that day & did not feel like I had impressed either of them apart from being cordial/conversational. I received a job offer 3-4 days later, & ended up negotiating for an extra $1 with the HR Rep. My first day wasn't for another 2-3 weeks unfortunately.