PSAV Interview Questions in San Francisco, CA | Glassdoor

2.4

11 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at PSAV (San Francisco, CA) in July 2017.

Interview

Simple online video interview through HireVue. Followed up by a phone interview with recruiter, and an in person interview with management. The process was pretty standard, straight forward, and quick. Completed video interview in less than 30 minutes.

Interview Questions

• Describe a high stress situation with a client in the past, and how you handled the situation.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at PSAV (San Francisco, CA) in May 2017.

Interview

Very standard: phone interview to in person. They meet you in one of their client conference rooms as opposed to having an office of their own. Very high standard focus. No real problems anywhere.

Interview Questions

• What was one difficulty you have had working in a team and how did you overcome it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at PSAV (San Francisco, CA) in April 2017.

Interview

Applied via the company website, waited a week or so manager called over the phone asked a few basic questions. Was then asked to come in a week later, then I was interviewed by two people that basically reviewed my resume and asked me to explain a few points. talked about myself while they looked over it. That same day I was asked by hr if I'd like the job, talked about pay.

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at PSAV (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

I was hired at a 1-on-1 job fair interview with the regional director. They don't pay a living wage to techs so I insisted that I wanted to rise through the ranks. That got their interest and they moved me on to drug and background testing. Trust me, they are so desperate for bodies that this is a formality and they won't look either one.

Event Technology Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at PSAV (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

Came to a hiring event that involved myself and three other candidates. We were all interviewed individually. I was asked questions by two different executives within the company in a very conversational manner. The experience was professional in the sense that I had to be very succinct in the answers that I gave but they made me feel comfortable that I could deliver answers with ease.

Interview Questions

• They asked me what I wanted out of this job.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a week. I interviewed at PSAV (San Francisco, CA) in May 2015.

Interview

1st interview Tuesday, 2nd interview Friday, job offer Monday. Very nice people, formal looking but casual approach, very simple questions. Basically asks if you can handle what the job entails (long hours, physical work, difficult clients, etc). Just show up in nice attire and a nicer smile and everything will go along swimmingly.

Hotel A/V Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at PSAV (San Francisco, CA) in May 2014.

Interview

In the hiring process they do a really good job to impress you and buy into their company. What they did was "invite" me to a five star hotel where they had a ballroom set-up with audio,lighting,projectors and snacks and beverages. They had about 25-40 other attendee's and do a short briefing about their company. They then take you to to their back interview space where they have two HR people interview you. My personal opinion is that they try to impress you so that they can hire you for CHEAP!

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time where you made a client really happy.
      Tell me about a time when you made a mistake and had to own up to the client   1 Answer

Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at PSAV (San Francisco, CA) in January 2014.

Interview

The process includes a phone screening, panel interview and a meeting with the regional directors. Overall the HR staff is friendly and easy to talk to; they also seem like a strong team of people who enjoy what they do. It seems like the type of company that offers plenty of help for career development.

Audio Visual Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at PSAV (San Francisco, CA) in November 2013.

Interview

Phone interview a few days after resume submission, once I passed they scheduled for an in person interview, Went over basic question. Why I want the job, what skills do i have. Any customer experience.Basic interview questions. Standard expedience and nothing too crazy

Interview Questions

• What customer experience have you had?   1 Answer

PSAV Sales Manager - Hotel Divisions Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at PSAV (San Francisco, CA) in October 2011.

Interview

I had one telephone interview that was about 20 minutes, very casual. I was right out of college with no work experience but had a very good feeling about the interview. I prepared well, researched the company and its latest movements and made sure to mention these.
    I wrote a follow up email thanking the phone interviewer and he received me very positively, as I was told in a follow up interview.

I then went to 2 in person interviews, each with a panel of 3 people. The first was about 45 minutes, the second only 25.
    Again, I prepped well, made sure to have information on the company and excellent answers to typically asked questions - I wasn't asked anything random. What are my strengths, weaknesses, who do I work well with, tell us about a time you had to overcome an issue, and how, etc...

I left both interviews feeling confident, the interview was more conversational than interrogative.

Interview Questions

• Why should we hire you for this job?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I was told in advance the position paid between $35-$45k as it was a nationwide position being filled in several states. I was offered $45k and when I tried to negotiate was told this was the highest they were able to offer based on San Francisco's starting pay for the position.