PSEG Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

PSEG Engineer Interview Questions

2.6

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Employee in Newark, NJ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at PSEG (Newark, NJ) in April 2016.

Interview

It was a two panel interview setting at the office. A telephone screening interview was 1st put in place. The telephone interview was about twenty minutes while the panel interview was an hour long.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for us   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for PSEG

Engineer Interview

Interview

PSEG uses the STAR method for the interview process. As long as you follow the process they ask, the interview is very straightforward. After receiving the offer, the hiring process takes upwards of a full month to complete. This includes a background check, giving two weeks notice if you are employed elsewhere, etc.

Anonymous Employee in South Plainfield, NJ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at PSEG (South Plainfield, NJ) in February 2015.

Interview

Interview was over the phone for job description. Then on-site interview with manager and tour of facility. After tour was group interview. Everything was straight forward. Very nice and pleasant during the interview. Did not act that they were above you.

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at PSEG.

Interview

Interview Questions

• Phone interview for engineering position, very short and quick interview, i expected to hear back but it didn't happen, hope to hear back sometime in the future.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salem, NJ

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at PSEG (Salem, NJ) in January 2011.

Interview

Applied for test engineer position. Received call one week later to interview with two senior engineers. Their interviews follow STAR (Situation, Task, Actions, Results) format. Every interviewer asks same questions (i.e describe how you handled a difficult project, were you successful, what was the end result?, describe a time where you promoted safety? what actions did you take? what was the end result?) The employers emphasize this interview strategy and you must answer by telling a story

Interview Questions

• what was the most challenging project you were part of?   Answer Question
    • what safety precautions have you taken in the past?   1 Answer