PTC Account Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

PTC Account Manager Interview Questions

1 Interview Review

1 Candidate Interview Review Back to all Interviews

Account Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at PTC in June 2009.

Interview

I interviewed in the summer of 2007 and found the first two interviews excellent. PTC moved me quickly through the interview process, I liked the people, and the opportunity felt like a great fit.

At the end of the interview process the experience became uncomfortable. Very little was asked about my fifteen years of experience and accomplishments. I was troubled by many repeated questions about my high school career more than twenty years ago. There was a lot of emphasis on whether I played high school sports, questions about how I planned my future (in high school), and not so subtlety the questions about my family and their background.

When I shared that I chose military service prior to college, the interviewer was in disbelief. He was so confounded about my decision to serve the country that he returned to that subject several times. There were many repeated questions about college selection, and why I chose attend state universities instead of private universities - for both a bachelor and master degree.

Interestingly, I was given a thumbs up and moved forward to a final telephone interview with top leadership in the sales organization. The conversation cemented my suspicions that something was not right. PTC did not move forward with an offer which was no surprise. The corporate recruiter said senior management felt they can do better. All this after four interviews and a background check.

Perhaps my experience was a one-off. Maybe PTC is a great organization filled to the roof with veterans and state university graduates; I don't know. What I do know is this company is not a good fit for me.

Ironically PTC contacted me in the spring of 2011 to see whether I wanted to interview with them. They said I had a great background.

Interview Questions

• You will be asked questions about how you manage a territory.   1 Answer
  • Tell me about your family and what they do?   1 Answer