PTC Interview Questions in Boston, MA | Glassdoor

2.7

33 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Contractor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at PTC (Boston, MA).

Interview

There was a series of phone interviews as well as an in person interview. I had an initial phone interview where I discussed my initial background and skills. The second interview dove further. The in person interview was very relaxed and I never felt intimidated.

Interview Questions

• One question I remember was about how I approached my work.   1 Answer

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at PTC (Boston, MA).

Interview

I applied through LinkedIn and they contacted me within a week. My first interaction was with the recruiter. We had a brief conversation on the phone about the position and my skill set. The second step was a phone interview with the specific department. I asked a question she wasn't familiarized with and she told me the recruiter was going to contact me with that information. I never heard from them again. I decided to follow up, but did not receive an answer. Made me think it was about my immigration status and not my actual qualifications.

Vice President, Professional Services Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at PTC (Boston, MA) in July 2017.

Interview

An initial screen call by an associate recruiter. After missing the first interview (without apology) and being late for the second, he set a poor tone for how PTC runs its HR operations. The call was a basic salary screener and provided little information.

Sales Operations Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Needham, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at PTC (Needham, MA) in July 2017.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter, and then was quickly put in touch with the hiring manager for a phone interview. I was brought in to the company twice to interview with several people on the team. I received an offer the week after my second in person interview.

Interview Questions

• The questions were very conversational, but focused on how I would handle certain situations and how I would analyze a specific set of data.   Answer Question

Senior Security Architect Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Needham, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at PTC (Needham, MA) in May 2017.

Interview

1/2 hour phone interview, followed by 2 hour in person interview. After the in person interview, the HR person sent an email and said they though everything was positive, but they decided to go in a different direction. I did not reply, nor ask what that exactly meant. A day later, one of my co-workers get a Linked-in email, trolling for someone to respond. I suspect it was because their salary is low and they are looking to get someone more junior. If it's not a "Senior" position, then don't waste interviewees times...I was annoyed. Hence, I would not work here. I've seen other postings from the for "Senior" positions, but in the end what they are looking for is college grads.

Interview Questions

• Q: Describe a time when you found a configuration out of compliance, and what you did about it?   1 Answer

Associate Sales Proposal Writer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Needham, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at PTC (Needham, MA) in May 2017.

Interview

I applied to the position, which was posted on LinkedIn, and within hours, a Talent Acquisition Specialist reached out to me over the phone. There, he and I discussed my work background and how it might be a good fit for me. The following week, I interviewed on-site with the manager of the Proposal Team and two people who worked under her, my potential colleagues. We discussed my skills, experience, and what I could bring to the role. Then, two weeks later, I was invited back for a final interview with a Senior Vice President of Sales Operations and a Sales Representative, who assessed whether I was a good cultural fit or not. Two days later, I was offered the position and I accepted it over the phone.

Overall, it was a great process and the Talent Acquisition Specialist was a great help to facilitate the process and go to bat for me.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Needham, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at PTC (Needham, MA) in February 2017.

Interview

Fair and engaging. A lot of behavioral questions. Got to meet with different people from various teams and positions. Team work is valued in the process and personal brand/presentation skills too

Interview Questions

• Why this industry and why us?   1 Answer

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Needham, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at PTC (Needham, MA).

Interview

First Talk to PTC recruiter over phone. Then Phone interview with hiring manager. Next Interview in house and meet with 2 groups of Software engineers. Last Interview in house with Director.

Technical Support Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Needham, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at PTC (Needham, MA) in August 2016.

Interview

HR screening round.. then 2 technical phone interviews of half hour each.. then onsite interview either with panel of 4 to 5 people or half interview with each 4 to 5 people separately.. it depends on the location where the current position is.. the teams from respective locations will interact in the interview..

Services Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at PTC (Boston, MA) in August 2015.

Interview

A number of phone interviews then an afternoon of face to face. Phone interviews included HR, the hiring manager and manger who would be a direct report to the position. Long process overall.

Interview Questions

• What is the one thing that you feel you bring to the company that others do not.   1 Answer