PTC Interview Questions in Boston, MA | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 15, 2016

2.8

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Needham, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at PTC (Needham, MA).

Interview

First Talk to PTC recruiter over phone. Then Phone interview with hiring manager. Next Interview in house and meet with 2 groups of Software engineers. Last Interview in house with Director.

Technical Support Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Needham, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at PTC (Needham, MA) in August 2016.

Interview

HR screening round.. then 2 technical phone interviews of half hour each.. then onsite interview either with panel of 4 to 5 people or half interview with each 4 to 5 people separately.. it depends on the location where the current position is.. the teams from respective locations will interact in the interview..

Services Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at PTC (Boston, MA) in August 2015.

Interview

A number of phone interviews then an afternoon of face to face. Phone interviews included HR, the hiring manager and manger who would be a direct report to the position. Long process overall.

Interview Questions

• What is the one thing that you feel you bring to the company that others do not.   1 Answer

ECommerce Position Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Needham, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at PTC (Needham, MA) in July 2015.

Interview

Applied online, then quickly set up for onsite interview. Prepared for interview for which I met with 2 people from PTC marketing team, afterwards sent my thank-you's.
    From interviews, it seemed neither person knew much about how the ecommerce position will fit in the company and the expectations.

PTC is a confusing organization--not helped by such dire recent glassdoor reviews. Definitely a bullet dodged from working in a dying company.

Haven't heard back since my interview in July. How rude indeed.

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at PTC (Boston, MA) in June 2015.

Interview

Phone interview with recruiter, In person interview with hiring manager and team. Everyone was very pleasant and helpful. The company seems to be great, and would definitely be open and was encouraged to apply for other roles in the future.

Senior Level Role Interview

Anonymous Employee in Needham, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at PTC (Needham, MA).

Interview

I was brought in as a referral, didn't know much about PTC at the time. Had a face to face interview with multiple team members. Met them together two at a time. I felt like it was more of a conversation and not an interview (which is the best kind of interview). It was a combination of behavioral questions and traditional interview question. It seemed that it was important to fit in with the team. Was made an offer fairly quickly after the interview and started two weeks later. I got the sense they wanted me to start quickly, so I didn't have much time between ending my last job and starting at PTC.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to deal with a difficult person and how did you turn that person around?   Answer Question

Compensation Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at PTC (Boston, MA) in April 2015.

Interview

Recruiter had reached out to me to schedule a phone screening. I was flexible with her time. First meeting, she canceled and requested to postpone 30 minutes before the meeting. I had taken the next two days off from work to be with my 2 year old daughter, but felt opportunities are privileged and attempted to be flexible with her time. I did disclose this to the recruiter. We rescheduled for Friday with a time she proposed. She didn't call or send an email. This is a poor experience in how a candidate is treated and can't picture if this is translated to how employees are treated.

Marketing Communications Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at PTC (Boston, MA) in April 2015.

Interview

The interview process gave me such a negative vibe about the company I wanted to run not walk. It wasn't so much the hoops that they made me jump through but the "I don't eat lunch, I work til midnight and then am on conference calls at 7:30 am" messaging that I received about the company culture

Interview Questions

• Name one weakness and how you have worked to overcome it.   Answer Question

Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Needham, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at PTC (Needham, MA) in March 2015.

Interview

The interview process was quick, professional and informational. There was an initial phone screen to speak about the position and if I was still interested in being considered as a candidate. With my approval the recruiter passed my resume to the hiring manager where I was then phone screened again before being asked to come in for a face-to face-interview. The recruiter spoke with me before my face-to-face which was really great because I was able to ask any last questions. I interviewed with three managers, all back to back. Each manager was prepared and familiar with my background so the interview was "comfortable conversation." I then was able to meet additional members of the team and a few days later I was asked to come in for a final round interview. A few hours following this final interview I was contacted by the recruiter with a job offer.The entire process from phone interview to offer letter was only two weeks, it was fantastic!

Interview Questions

• Q: Can you tell me what you already know about PTC and what we do?   Answer Question
    • Why did you apply for this specific role and why does it interest you?   Answer Question

Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Needham, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at PTC (Needham, MA) in March 2015.

Interview

Overall, it was a great experience. Everyone was very friendly and enthusiastic. Everyone seemed so excited to talk about PTC and the opportunities within the company. The recruiter was great at getting back to be and helping me along the way. The managers I interviewed with were very friendly and inviting. I knew right away this was a place I wanted to be. It was an incredibly fast and pretty easy process.

Interview Questions

• Talk about what you've been doing the past year and somethings on your resume   Answer Question