PTC Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 15, 2017

2.9

Technical Support Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Needham, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at PTC (Needham, MA) in August 2016.

Interview

HR screening round.. then 2 technical phone interviews of half hour each.. then onsite interview either with panel of 4 to 5 people or half interview with each 4 to 5 people separately.. it depends on the location where the current position is.. the teams from respective locations will interact in the interview..

Principal Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at PTC (San Diego, CA) in August 2016.

Interview

Super efficient. Took less than 2 weeks total. Phone screen followed by in-person interviews. They accommodated my travel/vacation schedule. Heard back from them the very next day after each interview. Negotiation was fair - felt like a win-win. The people there seemed very friendly and hardworking. Not a place to coast or work 10-5.

Interview Questions

• Behavioral questions, tell us of a time when you had to run a challenging project, what was your favorite project and why?, etc.   Answer Question

Architect Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at PTC (New York, NY) in July 2016.

Interview

The interview took approx 4 weeks. Phone interview with recruitment consultant was very generic about what I did in my past life, about their company and that the recruitment process will be ... long and tedious. Second skype interview with a Director went also well and again it was generic enough and very simplistic. The 3rd one was with an internal expert and it was focused on a very specific area instead of being generic to see if the candidate was "good enough".

Interview Questions

• Lots and lots and lots of extremely focused questions in a very narrow field of IT   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in South Bend, IN

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at PTC (South Bend, IN) in March 2016.

Interview

Phone screen and onsite interview. It was quick and easy. The interviewer was very casual. Nothing too nerve racking or difficult. It was a pretty smooth conversation. No brain teasers or anything like that. Questions are very straightforward and generic behavioral questions like tell me about a time when x happened.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at PTC in March 2016.

Interview

One 45 minute phone call (have heard of in-person interviews as well). Two employees were on the phone, switched off asking questions. Both were nice, wanted to have a conversation. Emphasis was placed on interest in technology and PTC's business.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at PTC.

Interview

Had phone interview with manager, and after that in a few days in person technical interview meeting with 3 peoples. Questions were related to Java and Unified Modeling Language(UML) skills, and work experience. The final interview was with the hiring manager.

Interview Questions

• Please explain aggregation and composition in class diagrams.   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at PTC (Minneapolis, MN) in January 2016.

Interview

A recruiter reached out to me and there was a small phone interview to get a feel if I would be a great fit for the company. I provided a salary range that would take me to leave my current employer. The recruiter thought it was within their range and continued the process. I talked to the hiring manager over the phone and we agreed to an interview. The in person interview went well and I fully expected and received an offer.

The recruiter gave me a call back and extended an offer that was 10% lower than my salary minimum. I declined the offer because it was lower than my minimum but expressed interest in finding common ground. The recruiter told me they would get back to me to see if they can increase their offer and/or PTO. The recruiter never gave me a call back. I called the recruiter back after 3 days and he said they would be interviewing other candidates and he would get back to me regardless in a few days. I did not bother to check in a second time.

It is clear the company is not interested in negotiating on anything to bridge a gap and hoped that I would be willing to work for less than what would take me to work for them. After reading the reviews and their job benefits, it was a wise decision because it is clear they do not invest in their employees who stay there beyond 3 years.

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at PTC.

Interview

Referral. Interview. Another Interview. Offer letter! The process was really swift because I think the interviewers enjoyed what I offered. This Internship was designed as a learning process for the Intern.

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Blaine, MN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at PTC (Blaine, MN).

Interview

Very straight forward, general interview. They sit you in a room with a recruiter and a principal level employee and ask you very straight forward questions about yourself that you would expect from an interview. Nothing was out of the ordinary.

Interview Questions

• How did you settle a disagreement between you and a colleague?   Answer Question

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at PTC.

Interview

Mostly technical questions. If it is a position in CAD then it is about C language. Windchill - Java.
    First, it is a phone interview with technical questions and programming tasks to write. Then one on one interview with 3 different people. Took about half a day.

Interview Questions

• For C: integer bit attributes, pointer operations, memory access and management, linked lists, working with strings.   Answer Question