PTC Interview Questions in Needham, MA | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 2, 2017

2.7

Senior Security Architect Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Needham, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at PTC (Needham, MA) in May 2017.

Interview

1/2 hour phone interview, followed by 2 hour in person interview. After the in person interview, the HR person sent an email and said they though everything was positive, but they decided to go in a different direction. I did not reply, nor ask what that exactly meant. A day later, one of my co-workers get a Linked-in email, trolling for someone to respond. I suspect it was because their salary is low and they are looking to get someone more junior. If it's not a "Senior" position, then don't waste interviewees times...I was annoyed. Hence, I would not work here. I've seen other postings from the for "Senior" positions, but in the end what they are looking for is college grads.

Interview Questions

• Q: Describe a time when you found a configuration out of compliance, and what you did about it?   1 Answer

Associate Sales Proposal Writer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Needham, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at PTC (Needham, MA) in May 2017.

Interview

I applied to the position, which was posted on LinkedIn, and within hours, a Talent Acquisition Specialist reached out to me over the phone. There, he and I discussed my work background and how it might be a good fit for me. The following week, I interviewed on-site with the manager of the Proposal Team and two people who worked under her, my potential colleagues. We discussed my skills, experience, and what I could bring to the role. Then, two weeks later, I was invited back for a final interview with a Senior Vice President of Sales Operations and a Sales Representative, who assessed whether I was a good cultural fit or not. Two days later, I was offered the position and I accepted it over the phone.

Overall, it was a great process and the Talent Acquisition Specialist was a great help to facilitate the process and go to bat for me.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Needham, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at PTC (Needham, MA).

Interview

First Talk to PTC recruiter over phone. Then Phone interview with hiring manager. Next Interview in house and meet with 2 groups of Software engineers. Last Interview in house with Director.

Technical Support Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Needham, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at PTC (Needham, MA) in August 2016.

Interview

HR screening round.. then 2 technical phone interviews of half hour each.. then onsite interview either with panel of 4 to 5 people or half interview with each 4 to 5 people separately.. it depends on the location where the current position is.. the teams from respective locations will interact in the interview..

ECommerce Position Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Needham, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at PTC (Needham, MA) in July 2015.

Interview

Applied online, then quickly set up for onsite interview. Prepared for interview for which I met with 2 people from PTC marketing team, afterwards sent my thank-you's.
    From interviews, it seemed neither person knew much about how the ecommerce position will fit in the company and the expectations.

PTC is a confusing organization--not helped by such dire recent glassdoor reviews. Definitely a bullet dodged from working in a dying company.

Haven't heard back since my interview in July. How rude indeed.

Senior Level Role Interview

Anonymous Employee in Needham, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at PTC (Needham, MA).

Interview

I was brought in as a referral, didn't know much about PTC at the time. Had a face to face interview with multiple team members. Met them together two at a time. I felt like it was more of a conversation and not an interview (which is the best kind of interview). It was a combination of behavioral questions and traditional interview question. It seemed that it was important to fit in with the team. Was made an offer fairly quickly after the interview and started two weeks later. I got the sense they wanted me to start quickly, so I didn't have much time between ending my last job and starting at PTC.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to deal with a difficult person and how did you turn that person around?   Answer Question

Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Needham, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at PTC (Needham, MA) in March 2015.

Interview

The interview process was quick, professional and informational. There was an initial phone screen to speak about the position and if I was still interested in being considered as a candidate. With my approval the recruiter passed my resume to the hiring manager where I was then phone screened again before being asked to come in for a face-to face-interview. The recruiter spoke with me before my face-to-face which was really great because I was able to ask any last questions. I interviewed with three managers, all back to back. Each manager was prepared and familiar with my background so the interview was "comfortable conversation." I then was able to meet additional members of the team and a few days later I was asked to come in for a final round interview. A few hours following this final interview I was contacted by the recruiter with a job offer.The entire process from phone interview to offer letter was only two weeks, it was fantastic!

Interview Questions

• Q: Can you tell me what you already know about PTC and what we do?   Answer Question
    • Why did you apply for this specific role and why does it interest you?   Answer Question

Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Needham, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at PTC (Needham, MA) in March 2015.

Interview

Overall, it was a great experience. Everyone was very friendly and enthusiastic. Everyone seemed so excited to talk about PTC and the opportunities within the company. The recruiter was great at getting back to be and helping me along the way. The managers I interviewed with were very friendly and inviting. I knew right away this was a place I wanted to be. It was an incredibly fast and pretty easy process.

Interview Questions

• Talk about what you've been doing the past year and somethings on your resume   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Needham, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at PTC (Needham, MA) in March 2015.

Interview

The interview process was quick & stress-free. I had been referred by an employee; this helped speed up the interview and hiring process. My interviewer was kind and showed genuine interest in the skills and experience I had to offer. Once I accepted the offer, the recruiting team was prompt and checked back often to ensure that all documents were submitted in a timely manner. The recruitment department was very efficient and helpful.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Needham, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at PTC (Needham, MA).

Interview

I applied on the PTC Careers website. Within 2 days, I got a call from HR. There was an initial phone interview with HR, and then an in-person interview with HR, and two people on the team. I received a phone call the next day from HR saying that they were working on giving me an offer. Overall a very quick and efficient process.

Interview Questions

• Typical behavioral questions, to evaluate whether I was a good fit for the position.   Answer Question