PUMA Group Interview Questions | Glassdoor

PUMA Group Interview Questions

Updated Dec 11, 2017

2.6

Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at PUMA Group.

Interview

Standard phone screening followed up with an in-person interview with 3 people - again standard. Where it goes from here is unfortunately consistent across the industry. The only time communication happens is when it is initiated by the candidate looking for some sort of update.

There is prevalent misconception in this industry that any candidate is "lucky to be considered to be interviewed here" and they are owed nothing in the way of communication or information. In an industry that is so manic, competitive and hungers for diversity/fresh ideas it would behoove them to understand that those you are interviewing are your consumers. Other companies in different industries that I have interviewed at understand this and make the effort to ensure candidates are updated and comfortable through out.

Having done it before - I understand the difficulty in scheduling interviews, follow ups and shifting priorities - but it only takes a few minutes for an email update and you can do it from anywhere.

Interview Questions

• Tell me why you would be a good fit/right for this role   Answer Question

Designer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at PUMA Group in August 2017.

Interview

The process to schedule an interview was an actual nightmare. An intern was the HR employee in charge of scheduling one for me (which interns shouldn’t be) and she failed to tell me not once but twice that an interview wasn’t scheduled (when I thought it was) so I had to follow up with phone calls to not only her but the headquarters just to get in touch with her. And when finally one was almost scheduled on a Monday morning I tried reaching her on a Friday getting a confirmation and schedule and address and no answer. When I reach out to her on Monday morning for a confirmation she says that ‘We don’t send out confirmations till everyone accepts the interview invite.’ It was two hours before the interview. Luckily I lived close enough. After the interview ended she said she would follow up with me via her school email because she is on vacation for the next two weeks (...you’re kidding me right) Regardless I believe she set me up for failure because I have yet to hear back from anyone on that department and its been 3 weeks.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at PUMA Group (Philadelphia, PA) in August 2017.

Interview

i was called about 6 months later after applying online. I went in and everything seemed to be going good. She asked me questions about myself and school. She wrote something down and said shed be calling me within that week to schedule another interview with her manager but i never got a call or email stating anything.

Digital Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at PUMA Group (Boston, MA) in July 2017.

Interview

Needless to say I waited forever for a great role within Puma to open up (2 years to be exact). I applied for a role within the digital team, and was contacted two weeks later.

Being interviewed by HR within the first round is fairly normal. However, being interviewed by a college intern with no professional work experience , and with no background in digital nor marketing for that matter was rather strange.

Her line of questions had little to do with the role, and it seemed I had to provide information to fill in the blanks (of questions that weren't asked about my experience in relation to the role).

I find it strange (and almost unprofessional) to have a intern interview professional candidates (especially for senior and director level roles). I am not sure why this was done, but was definitely a bit off putting and disappointing (once the call ended).

Interview Questions

• Explain your professional experience?   1 Answer

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Westford, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at PUMA Group (Westford, MA).

Interview

Enjoyed getting to learn about the company. Overall, the process went about as expected with a few detractors. Communication was done mostly via phone calls which can make it challenging to coordinate, especially when currently working in another office. There were several days that I had 2-4 phone calls from them trying to coordinate schedules that I had to leave my desk each time. Doing the bulk of this over email would've made it a lot smoother and faster. The other frustrating aspect of the process was that they weren't upfront with the fact that an internal employee was also going out for the role. I went through three rounds of interviews and asked at each stage what my current standing was against the pool of candidates and was never once told I was up against someone internally. Would've been much easier in setting realistic expectations throughout the process. The part that was honestly unprofessional was when the recruiter called to tell me I didn't get the job. She made it a point to tell me how close it was and that I was down to the final two and they thought I could be a valuable employee. She said she had passed my resume along for another role she thought I would be a great fit for and said she'd get me in touch with the appropriate recruiters. I attempted to follow up several times and never received a response. It's understandable I wasn't the right fit for the role and I appreciated them calling to let me know, but they should've just ended it there instead of trying to inflate my ego with a different role I would be a good fit for and then blowing me off multiple times as I attempted to follow up.

Human Resources Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Westford, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at PUMA Group (Westford, MA) in April 2017.

Interview

I applied online. A recruiter contacted me a couple days later via phone. Overall the recruiter was extremely rude. Questioned everything I said as if I was lying to her. Worst interview experience I've ever had. I received an offer for an additional interview but declined due to my terrible exprience with the recruiter.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for PUMA   Answer Question
    • What is business communication to you?   Answer Question
    • Given your lack of experience, why do you think you're right for the job (this one really irritated me)   Answer Question

PUMA Group Response

Jun 11, 2017 – Human Resources

Thank you for your feedback. PUMA strives to create a positive experience for every candidate. We’re sorry to hear that you did not encounter what we value as a critical component of a future... More

Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at PUMA Group (New York, NY).

Interview

I applied online, and got a call 30 days later. I sent 3 email follow ups and left two voicemails over six weeks after my interview after I was asked to Skype for a second round with the hiring manager. Nobody responded, and I found that to be surprising, and lacking professionalism.

Merchandising Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Westford, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at PUMA Group (Westford, MA) in January 2017.

Interview

It was a bit dragged out because of holidays in between when I had my phone screen and when I was actually able to come in for interview. I also showed up on day of the interview and two people I was scheduled to meet with were unable to attend.

Interview Questions

• Where I wanted to see my career path go in the next 5-10 years.   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Westford, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at PUMA Group (Westford, MA) in November 2016.

Interview

Phone screened by HR, called in for in-person interview where I interviewed with a manager and a supervisor with whom I'd be working closely. That went very well, very positive, and I was invited for 2nd round. Asked to provide key documents used, which I spent all weekend creating from scratch because I didn't want to use any from previous employers. Met with a VP, an SVP, the same two original people, and a junior associate. I also felt that it went well, but I never heard back, still waiting. I left several messages and sent emails, and even though throughout the process I was told several times that if I had any questions, please call, no one ever got in touch with me with any feedback - even HR. The lack of professionalism turned me off from the company. If they treat candidates like this, how would they treat employees?

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Puma?   1 Answer
    • What is your management style?   1 Answer
    • What was one of your most challenging projects, and why?   1 Answer
    • What was one of your most successful projects?   1 Answer

Interview

First, I applied online, then I got an email for my first phone interview which then followed up with a second phone interview. Then, I was offered to come in for a third interview in the office with some of the merchandising managers.

Interview Questions

• what is the most important thing to you in the work environment   Answer Question