PVH Corp. Sales Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 26, 2017

2.1

10 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Freeport, ME

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at PVH Corp. (Freeport, ME).

Interview

I was 16 so it was my first interview ever. The interview went very smooth and the interviewer ensured me not to be nervous. He asked me a series of questions about why I would be good for a customer service position, what skills I possessed, my style of learning, etc.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for PVH Corp.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at PVH Corp..

Interview

Easy, just be yourself. I went to a job fair where they were just looking to hire "bodies" to open a store and didn't spend much time looking for quality and EXPERIENCE. This method of hiring lead to securing employees who performed limited work or lacked the ability to self start.

Interview Questions

• How long have you been in retail?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Non existent.

Anonymous Employee in North Bend, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at PVH Corp. (North Bend, WA) in August 2015.

Interview

Asked when GM would be available for an interview after submitting job application through a friend who was also an employee. Went in when she was there, very simple interview and got hired on the spot.

Anonymous Employee in Pleasant Prairie, WI

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at PVH Corp. (Pleasant Prairie, WI) in August 2015.

Interview

Straight forward and pleasant and was asked all job-specific questions. Interviewer was nice, knowledgeable, and straight with me. She explained the pros and cons of the position and what was expected of me during each shift. She made me feel at ease and answered all my questions without seeming to hold back.

Interview Questions

• 1) What made you decide to want to work for PVH Corp.?
      2) What makes you qualified for this position?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Freeport, ME

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at PVH Corp. (Freeport, ME).

Interview

I applied for the job on a paper application, was called in for an interview about a week or 2 later, interviewed for about 30 minutes and was contacted a couple days later.

Anonymous Employee in Alpine, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at PVH Corp. (Alpine, CA) in June 2013.

Interview

I walked in and asked for an application knowing that the establishment was hiring, filled it out and brought it back within the day. I made sure to ask for the name of the hiring manager. After a few days (three maybe) I called and asked if they had time to look over the application and thanked them for their time. Called again, called a few more times, finally got an interview.

Interview Questions

• What I would do specifically in hypothetical situations where a customer was giving a fellow employee a hard time or was making the cash wrap impossible to deal with them.   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at PVH Corp. (London, England (UK)) in June 2017.

Interview

I was invited to a group assessment at their offices in Knightsbridge, upon arrival, myself and 3 other people were greeted and taken to a room with stationery and paper and asked to build the tallest freestanding tower possible out of paper, and then justify why we built it that way. We were then taken to the back of the room for a short 1 on 1 interview which was very easy and then were required to present what we knew about the PVH group on a piece of paper, and they told us a little bit about the company after our presentations and we were then told we'd be contacted within 5-10 working days. It took 2 emails and 2 phone calls after a week to then get a response. Overall, it was unorganised and uncoordinated as they had changed the location and then asked us on the day how we were contacted for the interview.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rocky View, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at PVH Corp. (Rocky View, AB (Canada)) in January 2016.

Interview

The interview process is simple. They have set of questions, they will ask you one by one. They record your response. Questions ask are general. You can research this questions on the internet like the top 10 most question asked in an interview. As my observation, they hire people easily.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at PVH Corp. in October 2009.

Interview

Group interview of about three or four other people. Went into store announced my arrival and waited. Manager asked for me to wait for the rest of the interviewee's to come and to have a look around the store and get a feel for it. Followed to the back and had an easy going interview. All asked same basic questions but we were asked in different orders [ex. I didnt always get to answer first]

Finally the manager who was very kind invited us back on the following sunday for a one hour test run. [I was the only one who stayed after sunday] -The other two applicants were transfered to another sister store.

Interview Questions

• What can you do for our company?   1 Answer
    • How will Van Heusen positively affect your life?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at PVH Corp. in June 2008.

Interview

I applied to the store and was called in to an interview the next day. The types of interview questions were very basic and purposely led you to demonstrate a strong sense of customer service. I believe there were about 8-10 questions, and the hiring manager has to write down your answers, so if you do poorly at making eye contact, it's not a problem. Overall, a very easy interview. I was called back a couple of days later and given an offer.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you went above and beyond for a customer.   Answer Question